Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Starkiller4299
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Post by Starkiller4299 »

Darklor--I'm not saying for everyone after some automatic time interval/edit count. I'm saying for the 'Dedicated Project Editors' or 'Site-Wide Editors' or 'Roving Editors'--whatever you wish to call them. They come here, start making changes, and somebody with authority checks in every month or so and sees if they're legit. If so, then why not give them priviledges?

It's a nice gesture to those who put in several weeks of edits.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I'm actually looking for dedicated editors for Denyuuden. Currently, I'm really sacrificing prose for speed, and I intend to continue to do so. I don't even look up the thesaurus anymore, just trying to churn out as much stuff as I can in the least amount of time, because I really am very busy. And it seems like I really have insufficient computational capacity to come up with good prose without investing more time. Anyone up for the job should be:
1. confident in their English, strong in paraphrasing and rewording, in other words you have good writing skills; don't need perfect academic English levels, since most LNs are colloquial-oriented by nature, even in narrations (even the Japanese is often not at academic grammar level, my sensei would have marked some of the sentences as grammatically incorrect). The key need is to smoothen flow and use better vocabulary to describe the same thing. I'm fine with merging or breaking up of sentences if it helps with the flow.
2. have the guts to edit mercilessly,
3. but yet will not be too bothered by undos from the translators, if they disagree with the edits. meaning you should have a thick skin.
4. you should enjoy the LN otherwise, you'll just drop it halfway. even though no contractual commitment will be asked, but you should at least have the intent to stay with the project when you embark on it, even though things may change later, RL stuff blah blah blah.

that being said, denyuuden has highly fragmented sentences and phrases to deliver certain amount of impact, these fragmentations should preferably remain to maintain the impact or intention of the author, but they could be rewritten to make more sense or for better flow. for example, if say a sentence can be broken into two parts, A and B, ie. clause A comes before clause B in Japanese, so in Kagami style it appears in this manner as 3 sentences:

A.
A.
A, B.

where "A,B." is the complete sentence, but in English, it might be better for the sentence to be formatted into "B, A.", then the repeated fragment could be inverted:
B.
B.
B, A.
Currently, for most parts, I kept it as it is in Japanese style, so lots of rework may be needed. Such deliberate fragmentations can most easily be spotted through the use of identical repeated clauses.

Thanks for reading.
Starkiller4299
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Starkiller4299 »

*cracks fingers*

No promises of alacrity, but I'll get to it ;).
JDRIZZLE15
Astral Realm

Post by JDRIZZLE15 »

I'm new to this site, but I have very good English grammar. I also have a to of free time, so it'll give me something productive to do.
I'm pretty sure my wiki-username is "JDRIZZLE15" but I'm not 100% positive...
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Wiki and forum logins are different - if you want in the forum also an account, you'll need to register here too.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
threepwood007
Astral Realm

Post by threepwood007 »

Hello! I am new to the forum but I've long been enjoying the great work of the Project and want to give back. I've just about finished my undergrad at university which includes a minor in English. In plain terms, I'd love to be a patrolling editor. I will work for ANY project that comes my way. I also have a bit of Japanese under my belt and am continuing to study it, if that counts for anything.

Put me to work! I read really quickly and am extremely thick-skinned. Crack the whip and I'll deliver.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

If you want to be a dedicated editor you should also ask project specific, otherwise you can always edit on the go while reading in the wiki...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
person112334
Astral Realm

Post by person112334 »

I'm pretty new to the forum and everything, but I made this account so I could edit the ZnT translations :D. My English is pretty good, so I'd be happy to edit anything that came my way hehe...sorry if you're looking for guys with lots of creds lol, but I'm working on that :)
Username: Person112334
ayatama
Astral Realm

Post by ayatama »

Hi~~I'd like to apply to be an editor. I'm in Advanced and Extension English at school and I'm always using the dictionary and thesarus (because I'm a perfectionist) and writes with a flow when I'm in no rush. Sentences in Japanese order don't annoy me. Test me to see if I'm suitable if you want. I wish to edit Denyuuden and my username on the Wiki is Ayatama.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

ayatama wrote:Hi~~I'd like to apply to be an editor. I'm in Advanced and Extension English at school and I'm always using the dictionary and thesarus (because I'm a perfectionist) and writes with a flow when I'm in no rush. Sentences in Japanese order don't annoy me. Test me to see if I'm suitable if you want. I wish to edit Denyuuden and my username on the Wiki is Ayatama.

thanks for your interest :D. check out the talk page of DYD and contact Tennyo777.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Wolfpup »

person112334 wrote:I'm pretty new to the forum and everything, but I made this account so I could edit the ZnT translations :D. My English is pretty good, so I'd be happy to edit anything that came my way hehe...sorry if you're looking for guys with lots of creds lol, but I'm working on that :)
Username: Person112334
Feel free to help with editing on ZnT afret all it is a WIKI ! :D
BTW welcome to the family.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
ayatama
Astral Realm

Post by ayatama »

larethian wrote:
ayatama wrote:Hi~~I'd like to apply to be an editor. I'm in Advanced and Extension English at school and I'm always using the dictionary and thesarus (because I'm a perfectionist) and writes with a flow when I'm in no rush. Sentences in Japanese order don't annoy me. Test me to see if I'm suitable if you want. I wish to edit Denyuuden and my username on the Wiki is Ayatama.

thanks for your interest :D. check out the talk page of DYD and contact Tennyo777.

I'm sorry, but what's a DYD? and thanks^^
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

ayatama wrote:I'm sorry, but what's a DYD? and thanks^^
Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu
ayatama
Astral Realm

Post by ayatama »

Thanks~~
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

I'm probably going to need help with editing my project, Seitokai no Ichizon.

Right now I'm trying my best to make sure it sounds right to the reader, but I might be screwing up grammar and punctuation.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.

Return to “News”