Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Post by cloudii »

SavageShark wrote:Hello everyone,

I want to apply as an editor. I'll go straight into the point: I hate seeing small mistakes or typing errors, or even misused punctuation. Reading novels have been a huge part of my daily activity since it serves as a form of entertainment and stress-relieve. While reading through some of the light novels, I saw a lot of typing errors or misplaced terms. And...those small mistakes sorta ruined my experience. Though I am fully aware that the editors have put their best efforts and are quite busy with editing these works from translated texts, I just want to lend them a hand in proofreading and editing to provide the readers a great experience and leisure of reading.

I am confident in my English, although it is only my second language. If you wish to exam my ability, I'll be gladly to undertake the test. My first language is Vietnamese, so I can assist some of the Vietnamese translation if ever needed. Also, I don't care about my name being put into the editor list. All I care is editing because...they bugged me quite a bit.

That's all I have to say. Thanks for taking your time reading this
Hello SavageShark.

Welcome to Baka-Tsuki~

There's no need to take a test or anything like that. Baka-Tsuki is very open to anyone who's interested in contributing. I'm going to direct you to one of our help pages. It's still under construction, but it should help you get started:

Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
BitterSugar
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BitterSugar »

Uh... so according to this Getting Started page, I only have to contact the Project Supervisor of the work I'd like to contribute to and if he/she accepts me, I'm ready to go? I'd most likely get used to the community for a longer period of time before considering to contribute as a Project Editor, but I didn't expect it to be this simple... or am I misunderstanding something?
Want something edited? Feel free to private message me and I'll see what I can do.

cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

You could even get away with it if you'd just edit it without telling anyone. :mrgreen:

But ye, it's ought to be like that: You contact the supervisor or translator who's "in charge" and kindly ask if you may participate. If no one answers, you might just announce your participation in the respective thread in the aux brigades and get to work.

That's it.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare

Return to “News”