Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

DeotoxSlayer
Astral Realm

Re: Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Post by DeotoxSlayer »

barbsicle wrote:I'd like to sign up, translating from Traditional Chinese (i'm lacking in text raws for those) and Simplified Chinese.
My name on the wiki is Barbsicle, I guess I have sort of posted some pages up on the wiki. But if it's disapproved I shall take it off immediately. I apologise if my actions have caused distress.

And thanks alot for giving me the opportunity. I look forward to working with you guys!
What Projects are you working on???
barbsicle
Astral Realm

Post by barbsicle »

only Spice and Wolf. by pages i meant translated a few pages of the novel and put them on the wiki.
Esc
Astral Realm

Post by Esc »

Hi, I am korean and I currently reside in Canada.
I am planning to order the korean translated Spice and Wolf novels and thought I could help in translating the story into english. I thought this would be a good chance to rebuild my ability to read korean and at the same time enjoy reading spice and wolf. I am a highschool student so I will not be able to spend too much time translating. Also, I am not sure how much of a difference there are between the Japanese vers and the Korean vers. so there might be some conflicts.
That is the cover for spice and wolf in korean. Currently there are 3 volumes out in korean. I plan to only order the first volume (for now) and see how difficult it is. I have heard that even some people living in korea have difficulty understanding the hard contents.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

We are currently resolving the issue of using both Chinese and Japanese translations together, so we'll have to put this idea on hold for a little while.
V33D12AG0N
Astral Realm

Post by V33D12AG0N »

Hello... I'd like to do a little editing for Indonesian language SHNY.
But I think I'm the only person who's working there at this moment?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

V33D12AG0N wrote:Hello... I'd like to do a little editing for Indonesian language SHNY.
But I think I'm the only person who's working there at this moment?
Hello, thank you for your interest in the Indonesian translation.

unfortunately, this call for editors is only for English as at the moment we lack some dedicated users.

For other languages, please help as much as you can, because at the moment we lack anyone on the staff who can check on Indonesian, Italian, German, Vietnamese, just to name a few.

So as long as you contribute on the wiki to the Indonesian project and you are easy to contact then after a couple of regular contribution (4-6weeks) then if you are still willing, we will ask you if you can help with all the projects that might have an Indonesian translation, just to check that they aren't being vandalised, or translated wrong.

At the moment, we have Russian, Romanian, French, Filipino, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese and Japanese baka-Tsuki staff members who are fluent, so if you wish to help those languages please check the appropriate projects and contact them for more information.
Last edited by BaKaFiSh on Mon May 19, 2008 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bad slip there, oni =)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Randomness
Astral Realm

Post by Randomness »

I'm not interested in this, but... ummm... this just bugs me (on the front page):
If you think your up to the job
... Correct the bolded word to "you're"... please... before... I... go... insane.... ;___;
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

:roll:
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

I'd like to apply to be an editor.
I've very good English, better than most around me. (I live in America, so that really says a lot.)
My Japanese is not that good, but I get the gist of how the language works.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Hiiragi Kagami1 wrote:I've very good English, better than most around me. (I live in America, so that really says a lot.)
No. That really doesn't say much at all.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

What I'm saying is that most people around me speak English as a first language, so of course they speak it well. I speak it even better than they. :P
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I was making a joke.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

So the wiki pages check your accent and how fluently you speak English before you can edit anything,I see.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Beware the talking cat wrote:I was making a joke.

but you're not funny.

:|
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Randomdude
Astral Realm

Post by Randomdude »

Well, even though I've already seen several messages about this, I will also join the ranks of the Wiki n00bs and humbly ask (a.k.a. beg pathetically) for advice/guidance upon what I should do to help out on the translations/editing for Zero no Tsukaima.

As I possess a decent mastery of the English language, I can edit, but I really want to learn how I can help you guys translate it from Japanese(?) to English... I mean, come on, I need somthin' to do during the summer!

Also, I just realized this after the message failed to post the first time, but why can't I put the Username I registered with in the... box, thing at the top when typing in the information for the posts?

Return to “News”