Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

dragonst
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Post by dragonst »

Ahem, spelling error, Mr. Editor o_O
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Could be a Miss.

At the rate we're going here, we might as well have an interview and selection test. How about a 150-word summary?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

With lots of errors which needs to be corrected... :twisted:
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Okay, I'll be lenient, 15 marks for content, 5 marks for language, and 5 marks for use of original words. Total score is 25.

And here's the text:
Spoiler! :
I'll be honest with you, the following is a hallucination.

We all arrived on a southern tropical island.

Even though there are many different types of southern tropical islands this kind of scene seems to drift into their minds: skimpy clothing, a beautiful ocean, coconuts, Hula dances etc. They are what a normal summer paradise should give you.

We, members of the ‘Neighbours Club’, are making the most of our time in this paradise.

As I lay on a beach chair enjoying the sun, my attention turned toward the sandy beach.

Two girls are happily building a sand castle.

The ten-ish girl, the one with the blue eyes, silver hair, and wearing a school swimsuit, is Maria Takayama.

As you can see, she really is a loli. She is a nun of Saint Kuronika School and the consulting teacher of the Neighbours Club.

The other girl that is slightly older, the one with the blond hair and red and blue pupils, is Kobato Hasegawa.

Instead of her usual goth loli dress she's wearing something normal today.

As if, she's wearing a barely there bikini.

Kobato is my — Kodaka Hasegawa’s — blood related little sister.

“Bro, would you like some juice?”

I looked to my side and to the person talking to me. The person is wearing a cute pareo style 2 piece swimsuit. In the person’s hand is a very tropical looking glass of juice with decorating fruits. This cute boy has a very gentle smile on his face.

“Aa, Thanks.”

I accepted the glass of juice from him and started drinking from it.

At a place not far from me is a girl wearing glasses. She's lying on the same kind of chair as me. One of her hands is holding a glass as well, while her other hand is holding a book she is reading.

This girl, with her pony tail and a one piece swimsuit plus an outer cloak, is Rika Shiguma.

The book she is reading is a BL doujin between UC Gundam and EVA #0.

“Ahaha, take this~~~*heart*”

“Kyaa, so cool~~~*heart*”

Towards the sea, two girls are happily splashing water at one another.

The girl with the beautiful patterned bikini with a light eye color, blond hair and an extremely attractive body is Sena Kashiwazaki.
Her companion is the sharp eyed black haired girl Yozora Mikaduki.

Yozora’s swimsuit is, how should I put it, it's something that has nothing to do with words like sexy, beautiful or even moe. Her whole body, from feet to head, is covered by a black and white striped swimsuit.

The scene of two laughing and giggling cute girls playing together- it’s a scene on a canvas! Looking at it is enough to make your heart pump faster.

…Even though something seems amiss, but we look like we are realfill (means that we are living a fulfilling real life).

What an excellent realfill.

What a fantastic realfill.

“…Ahaha…What a fantastic realfill…I'm so happy ahaha…everyone in the Neighbours Club getting along so well with one other…ahahahaha….”

But as I said beforehand, this is only a hallucination.

“-npai. Wake up senpai…here.”

*BIRIBIRIBIRI*

“~~~~~~~~~!?”

A surge of electricity shocked my whole body, and my fuzzy conscious got snapped back into reality.

By the way, ‘a surge of electricity’ was not a simile; I really got tasered.

And the one guilty of waking me up with electricity is sitting right beside me.

“Fufufu…you want to escape by yourself. That’s very sly of you, Kodaka senpai.”

Rika Shiguma, armed with a slightly mad smile, calmly said. She is a 4 eyed girl with a lab coat covering her school uniform.

“…I had a cheerful vision…”

I answered with a distant gaze.

“And what kind of vision would that be?”

“Yozora and Sena were happily playing together.”

“What an unscientific scene…”

“It’s not that unscientific…”

But you know, I can understand why Rika said that.

There is no way that those two would intimately play together.

For example, right now-

“Aren’t things starting to get tough for you? You might want to surrender now; it is for your own good, Meat…”

The black hair girl- Yozora Mikaduki, with her bloodshot eyes, said.

“Fufufu…it should you who is about to give up, right? You're already choking.”

The blond haired girl - Sena Kashiwazaki - is as excited as Yozora. A crazy smile appeared on both of their faces.

And then, both of them stab their pair of chopsticks into the bubbling hotpot, and they simultaneously snatched some black “things” out of the pot. Immediately they stuffed those things into their mouths.

“Ugu…”

“Gu…”

It looks like both of them evaded successfully: they yelled with their near-breakdown tones-

“Ga,gaa,agaa, so spicy gahhhh!”

Yozora, with a painful expression clutched her throat.

“Uuh…Uuuuuuh…sweet…no, that’s not right…my mouth feels so slimy…my throat, it feels like it’s rotting…gro-ssssss…”

Sena’s eyes turned white, and her tears started rolling down her face like a waterfall.

…Back in the real world, we are in hell.

Before this happened, we were at this small and beautifully furnished in western style room.

All seven of us were sitting around the small round table at the center of the room.

At the middle of the table was a pot. A pot that, even though there is no flame underneath it, its black content bubbled regardless.

On my right hand side is Rika; on my left hand side is a silver hair nundress loli and a blond gothic loli. The girls have collapsed onto the floor together.

The silver one is Maria Takayama; the blond one is Kobato Hasegawa.

“…Big brother…big brother…the devil, the devil is here…”

“Go kid, kill it…”

They both have a funny painful expression on their faces and are murmuring to themselves, as if they are in the middle of a nightmare.

Sitting beside Rika is Yozora.

Sitting beside Kobato and Maria senpai is Sena.

And then as if he is being clamped by Yozora and Sena, the maid dress wearing cute boy Yukimura Kusunoki is sitting between them.

Yukimura is silently and robotically moving his chopsticks back and forth between the pot and his mouth.

Even though his motion didn’t stop, but starting from a while ago he has not grab anything from the pot.

Yukimura’s eyes have lost their focus- he is dead.

“…Yukimura…you have past away as well…”

I whispered sadly.

“Here Kodaka, you eat some as well…”

“Fufufu…hurry up and eat. Now is time for the decisive battle…”

Yozora and Sena, with craziness in their eyes, said to me.

“Uuh….”

So I, with a crying look, put the lower ends of my chopsticks into the bubbling pot.

The content of the pot is emitting a sweet, or smelly, or even sour scent. The scent was strong enough to make my skin twitch, my eyes tear, and my nose itch. All in all the pot was giving out a smell so strong it made me ill.

“…Hey, are you sure nothing toxic was added inside...?”

“Theoretically yes, Kodaka senpai…Rika’s toxin test is capable of detecting all poisons. Because the test is perfect, so…”

Rika replied uncertainly.

So, what exactly are we doing? We were trying to have a Black Hotpot party.

The idea started a few days ago.

Sena said that she wants to have a hot pot party with her galgame friends. Coincidentally Yozora saw that game screen and commented that “eating a hotpot together sure feels like what a bunch of friends would do.”

Sena and I agreed.

So Yozora suggested that,

“To prevent screwing up when we have a hotpot party with our friends, we should practice having a hotpot meal here.”

‘Enjoy a hotpot meal after school.’ It’s such an innocent suggestion that we were all attracted by it, so all of us agreed to meet up.

Even though school law forbids having live flame anywhere outside the cooking classroom, but Rika invented a pot that can cook without fire, so that problem is solved.

When we were deciding what sorts of hotpot we should make, Sena said “Black Hotpot is good.”

Apparently she chose it because in some galgame there was a scene where the friends meet up for a black hotpot party. The way they eat the hotpot together looked very happy.

As we heard that, we somehow thought ‘that could be good….”

After we decided on the type, we decided that I, as the only person here who know how to cook, should prepare the soup.

So, during the past weekend, I started preparing the black soup for the Black Hotpot.

I found out later on, but apparent we misunderstood what a Black Hotpot is- the black part refers to dimming the light when you are about to put food into the pot, not the color of the soup.

But anyway, so I used squid and black sesame as the main ingredients for the soup. Then I added other seafood to make the soup a bit spicy. Regardless, the end result was a tasty Black Hotpot black soup.

So, on the following Monday, at the beginning of the hotpot party, I poured my soup into Rika’s pot, dimmed the light of the room and let others throw their ingredients in. Finally, the Black Hotpot party has started.

…and here we are.

My painstakingly and delicately prepared soup is now giving out an indescribable odour. Even though it remained pitch black, I can’t help but feel that it has become something that is mixed with mud-like things.

I told them to only put in stuff that’s editable, and it goes without saying that no poison is allowed. But how did this pot happen? It is so surreal I even got hallucination from it.

Right up to the point where they put their food in, everyone was happy. But when the delicious smelling seafood soup turned nasty, the smile on everyone’s face got wiped off.

Whenever we attempted to take foods from the pot, the mood of the room gradually decayed.

The Maria sensei and Kobato duo collapsed within the first 10 minutes.

Especially Yozora and Sena-

“It’s all because of your retarded idea of having a Black Hotpot…”

“It’s your fault for suggesting a hotpot party!”

“The worst ingredient is your canned herring!”

“It’s a kind of sardine fish so it shouldn’t taste bad. Your mango and strawberry are much worse!”

…Just like this they tried to shrift the blame.

At some point in the argument, the incomprehensible rule ‘Last to go down is the victor’ was established.

Because of that, Yukimura is dead.

Lucky for me, all the foods I pulled out are normal things like meatballs and taro (I bought them myself), so I have survived for now. But it doesn’t change the fact that the stench has turned this room into the Inferno.

Rika, who suffers from a light case of ageusia [TL note: ‘tasteless’], can either be described as lucky or unlucky. From her eyes alone it was clear that she can’t take it anymore.

Rika and I extended our chopsticks out and clamped out something from the dark matter. We held our breath and swallowed them.

…Even though the soup tastes like crap, but the food is still editable…but…but…but what is that…judging from the texture…was that broccoli?

On the other side, Rika seemed to hit jackpot.

“…From my memory, in terms of food taste the closest thing to this is…methylethanolamine.”

Right after her voice died off Rika stopped moving as well.

“…even you…”

Damn it, now I finally understand- Black Hot party is happy only when you do it with your true friends.

It’s not for people who are far from being able to be called ‘friendly’ with each other.

To add insult to the injury, all of our idiot members each brought a serving of ingredients like soft candy and fruits- stuff that would make you sorry later on.

At that time why did I thought this would be interesting?...

I very regret this.

“The next one…”

“I know…”

The sweat soaked Sena and Yoroza glared one another with a miserable smile.

I also raise my chopstick in defeat, and simultaneously all three of us got something out of the pot.

Together we crammed our mouths with the food and forcefully chewed-

“…………o…….o……oeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

“Uwaa?!”

Sena fell backward!

In that fleeting moment, an egotistic smile of a victor appeared on Yozora’s face…then her face turned pale-

“…Uh………ogeee……”

-and she started puking.

Sena and Yozora’s eyes lost their focus and they both collapsed.

“Uwah, hey, are you guys all right?”

As an aside this once again reaffirms my belief that there is something wrong with their heads.

…Ugh…even their puke is black…so disgusting…

I felt like puking as well, so I hurriedly open all the windows to ventilate the room. I took a deep breath of the outside air.

And then, to get rid of the puke, I went outside to get some wiping cloths.

What if…to be honest I am more worry about the pukes on the carpet than those people.

This is one of the rooms in Saint Kuronika School’s chapel- “Meeting Room #4”

For now it has become a hell that is filled with corpses. This is our Neighbours Club activity room.

Neighbours Club- even though our club on paper does many different and interesting activities, in truth they are mostly simple and were done without any guiding principle. Each club member just waste their time with chatting, gaming, making games, writing novels, drawing manga, practicing musical instruments, acting, doing stand up comedy, doing Shinken Zemi [TL note: I think it’s a special cram school that ‘combines paper-based materials with online study activities via the internet’ http://educationinjapan.wordpress.com/2 ... m-benesse/], preparing ‘unknown topics of chatting’, and finally eating Black Hotpot.

…After you hear the list of club activities, chances are good that you can not comprehend what is the goal of this club.

The goal of this club, to put it frankly, is to ‘make friends’.

These are the regretful club activities done by a bunch of regretful people- and with the two main heroines hurling within the first 10 pages of the book, the start of a very regretful slice of life story…
If you read all the way here, that was a joke. Here's the real one:
The general affairs committee of the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly has approved the government's revised bill to amend the Youth Healthy Development Ordinance on Monday afternoon. Bill 156 will then go before the full assembly for a vote on Wednesday.

The current ordinance already prevents the sale and renting of "harmful publications" — materials that are "sexually stimulating, encourages cruelty, and/or may compel suicide or criminal behavior" to people under the age of 18. Bill 156 would require the industry to also regulate "manga, anime, and other images (except for real-life photography)" that "unjustifiably glorify or exaggerate" certain sexual or pseudo sexual acts. Another section of the revised bill would allow the government to directly regulate the above images if the depicted acts are also "considered to be excessively disrupting of social order" such as rape.

The bill has a non-binding supplemental resolution urging newly designated harmful publications to be “carefully regulated, with the work's merits based on artistic, social, educational, and satirical criticism criteria to be taken into account in the evaluation process.” The government's Tokyo Youth Healthy Development Evaluation Panel is also urged to respect “the intent of the revision and take necessary steps, such as increasing the time involved in the evaluation process.”

Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan wrote in his blog on Monday:
There is another topic I would like to talk about concerning [the strength of] the Japanese brand. Currently, there are concerns over the possibility that the Tokyo International Animation Fair could be cancelled due to controversies related to the healthy development of youth issues. Healthy development of youth is an important issue. At the same time, it is important that Japanese animation is broadcast to a global audience. I urge all parties involved to try to work toward preventing a situation where an international animation fair cannot be held within Tokyo.
Shueisha senior managing director and editor Kazuhiko Torishima said at the New Manga Creators Awards ceremony on Monday: “I want new manga authors to produce manga that would blow away [Tokyo Governor] Shintaro Ishihara.” Masahiko Ibaraki, the editor-in-chief of Shueisha's third editorial department, added to the new manga creators, "Don't let the chilling effect [of increased regulation] stop you from doing material you want to do. Jump will feature anything [we feel] that is exciting [to read].“

The Mobile Content Forum, an industry group that includes the social networking company DeNA and Nico Nico Douga's Dwango, announced its opposition to the bill on Monday. A group of female creators, including boys-love genre authors, also announced their opposition to the bill on Sunday.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

dragonst wrote:Don't mind the 'contact the translators thing', it's only intended for the project editors who work more closely with the translators. Casual editors can just edit however they want. Of course, if you edit something wrongly then someone will edit it back.
That is if we, the project editors feel it is needed. :P
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
Starkiller4299
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Starkiller4299 »

Well, this is a trifle embarrassing. I never even noticed I was at the bottom of the page--no wonder there were no more responses to my post :p. And yes, I did mispell, but if it counts for anything I noticed it and corrected it before reading your post. And yes, it would be a 'Mr.' :)

Here's my crack at it:
Spoiler! :
The General Affairs Committee of the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly approved the government's revised bill to amend the Youth Healthy Development Ordinance on Monday afternoon. Bill 156 will go before the full assembly for a vote on Wednesday.

The current ordinance already prevents the sale and rental of "harmful publications" — materials that are "sexually stimulating, encourage cruelty, and/or may compel suicide or criminal behavior" to people under the age of 18. Bill 156 would also require the industry to regulate "manga, anime, and other images (except for real-life photography)" that "unjustifiably glorify or exaggerate" certain sexual or pseudo sexual acts. Another section of the revised bill would allow the government to directly regulate the above images if the depicted acts are also "considered to be excessively disrupting of social order" such as rape.

The bill has a non-binding supplemental resolution urging newly designated harmful publications to be “carefully regulated, with the work's merits based on artistic, social, educational, and satirical criticism criteria to be taken into account in the evaluation process.” The government's Tokyo Youth Healthy Development Evaluation Panel is also urged to respect “the intent of the revision and take necessary steps, such as increasing the time involved in the evaluation process.”

Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan wrote in his blog on Monday:
There is another topic I would like to talk about concerning [the strength of] the Japanese brand. Currently, there are concerns over the possibility that the Tokyo International Animation Fair could be cancelled due to controversies related to the healthy development of youths. Healthy development of the youth is an important issue. At the same time, it is important that Japanese animation is broadcast to a global audience. I urge all parties involved to try to work toward preventing a situation where an international animation fair cannot be held within Tokyo.
Shueisha senior managing director and editor Kazuhiko Torishima said at the New Manga Creators Awards ceremony on Monday: “I want new manga authors to produce manga that would blow away [Tokyo Governor] Shintaro Ishihara.” Masahiko Ibaraki, the editor-in-chief of Shueisha's third editorial department, added to the new manga creators, "Don't let the chilling effect [of increased regulation] stop you from doing material you want to do. Jump will feature anything [we feel] that is exciting [to read] <awkard here because of the brackets, but I don't see a better solution>.“

The Mobile Content Forum, an industry group that includes the social networking company DeNA and Nico Nico Douga's Dwango, announced its opposition to the bill on Monday. A group of female creators, including boys-love genre authors, also announced their opposition to the bill on Sunday.
Most of the changes were in the first and fifth paragraphs, for tense and singular/plural usage respectively.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Starkiller4299 wrote:Well, this is a trifle embarrassing. I never even noticed I was at the bottom of the page--no wonder there were no more responses to my post :p. And yes, I did mispell, but if it counts for anything I noticed it and corrected it before reading your post. And yes, it would be a 'Mr.' :)

Most of the changes were in the first and fifth paragraphs, for tense and singular/plural usage respectively.
Well, I was only trying to see who'll be crazy enough to do that, and since you actually bothered to do it--you're hired. (Forget about the score, it's almost impossible to do a 150 word summary anyway.)

First assignment will be Baka Test :mrgreen: (and please edit the text to past tense)
Starkiller4299
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Starkiller4299 »

Ha! You did almost get me with that first section--it took me about 5 minutes to scroll down and see just what I was getting myself into before I caught on :p.

I'll start at the beginning then, and work my way on through.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

But the first part was from a current project... ;)

Darklor

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Eh, so Starkiller4299 is a dedicated editor? then, shouldn't he (or she) have a bit more rights on the wiki? to bypass the arithmetic and patrol pages, etc.

btw, what does "project wide" mean?
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

Now that you mention it, it does sound a little weird. Perhaps just 'Dedicated Project Editors' would be better, since the 'wide' doesn't change the original meaning in any way.
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
black rook
Astral Realm

Post by black rook »

hello... :D
i willingly to do the job...my user name on wiki is black rook...tq
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

I could look over a few things as a wandering editor
Starkiller4299
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Starkiller4299 »

Say, any chance of getting 'editor' privileges in the future? That 'are you human' test is getting old :p.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Probably not we have already engough spammers as it is :(

Darklor

Return to “News”