Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

mewpudding101
Astral Realm

Re: Enlistment! Dedicated Project wide Editors wanted.

Post by mewpudding101 »

I'd like to try. My account malfunctioned last time I enlisted... So I made a new one! I'm a grammar freak, so I can edit English. Also, while I'm still learing kanji, I am very good at translation. If you give me romaji or hiragana or katakana, I can translate just fine.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

mewpudding101 wrote: Also, while I'm still learing kanji, I am very good at translation. If you give me romaji or hiragana or katakana, I can translate just fine.

Dont you wanna be a translator?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
RonnieCorny
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by RonnieCorny »

which project would you be interested in? if it's something that i have the book on, i can probably help out in providing furigana to some of the kanji... so far, i only have: ZnT (all of them, i recently got the lot since i have my red-packet), Toradora (all of them as well, i just recently got the Spin-off2)...

but i won't be able to re-type the entire chapter/book... sentences and perhaps paragraphs are ok...

- ron
mewpudding101 wrote:I'd like to try. My account malfunctioned last time I enlisted... So I made a new one! I'm a grammar freak, so I can edit English. Also, while I'm still learing kanji, I am very good at translation. If you give me romaji or hiragana or katakana, I can translate just fine.
wolfoffallenshadows
Astral Realm

Post by wolfoffallenshadows »

I too would like to volunteer to be an editor, if you are still in need. I haven't done anything for the site yet, but I am an English major and often edit others papers (and by often I mean typically a 3-5 page paper every other week. or more). Otherwise, I'll apply again later :)
wolfoffallenshadows is my username
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Btw. I think I could need an editor for page 53 - 74 of Chapter 1 of Read or Die with knowlegde...

Darklor

Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

i'd like to apply as an editor. i am proficient in English and in Tagalog.

hope for your consideration
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

If you like to edit you could look in the wiki if you can find problems there and correct them

Darklor

yont
Astral Realm

Post by yont »

I want to help with editing because whenever i read anime, manga or lightnovel I usually get picky and find all sorts of incorrect grammatical errors...... -_- i work you guys before but had school for awhile now i have some time to help out again!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

yont wrote:i work you guys before but had school for awhile now i have some time to help out again!
Are you sure you can do that, with sentences like that? ;)

But if you have already edited something here you should now how that works in the wiki, right?

Darklor

AADragon
Astral Realm

Post by AADragon »

If there's still an opening for Editors I could help out. Haven't done anything here yet (except read).

Fluent/proficient in English, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian.
Semi-proficient in French, German .
Currently starting to learn Japanese and considering Mandarin for later -_-.

PS: On occasion I get stuck on areas whit no (or too slow) Internet access due to my work, so I might skip off some weeks if accepted.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

If you like to edit you could start off in wiki, even while you read there - if you see something is wrong just correct it. Also if you so good with the languages you could translate too - translators are always welcome here (even more than editors ;))

Darklor

AADragon
Astral Realm

Post by AADragon »

Your right, i forgot this is a wiki and so allows users to add corrections :lol:
Still at the moment I'm not confident enough to tackle Japanese to English translation so it would have to be English to (insert language).
Would that be ok? It's just that translations off translations tend to lose some (well sometimes a lot) of the initial meaning, and almost all the jokes.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

AADragon wrote:Still at the moment I'm not confident enough to tackle Japanese to English translation so it would have to be English to (insert language).
Would that be ok? It's just that translations off translations tend to lose some (well sometimes a lot) of the initial meaning, and almost all the jokes.
That wouldnt be a problem, since most if not all of our alternate language translations are translations of the english translation ;)

Darklor

Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Wolfpup »

I would also be willing to help with editing some of projects as well. I have noticed a few different minor errors in different areas. My typing is decent and since i live in the United States you could say my English is perfect. My wiki login name is the same as here in the forums. :lol: I would also be willing to help translators with proofreading when they have it translated to English as well. 8) I have a full time job but with my work schedule i can be around at least a couple of hours each day and more on my days off. I also have MSN messenger and can be reached there when I'm on which is when im not at work.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

To be an editor is easy most do edit on the go, while reading in the wiki, if they did found some troublesome sentences or errors there. Only few projects have real dedicated editors who do get the first translated script before they are publicated in the wiki. - So if you like to edit, and do find errors in the wiki, feel free to edit - for that, It's a Wiki! ;)

Darklor

Return to “News”