Update on the translations

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Hu_nk
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Update on the translations

Post by Hu_nk »

Darklor wrote:You know whats necessary?
Hum, not exactly. I've read the Project Presentation page, but it doesn't explain the details (like adding a page for example :P ). Is there any topic explaining them?
Misogi wrote:Hi Hu_nk.

You're from School Rumble Fantrad, if I'm not wrong. I've read your versions of Hayate no Gotoku!, Half Prince and Shingeki no Kyojin, for which I can't find a translator for its LN version...
Yep, that's me :) You mean a Japanese translator, right?
Misogi wrote:Anyway, nice to meet you here, so if you have any questions about BT, feel free to ask them to me.
If needed, I can help you to create the pages for the projects you've translated.
I wouldn't mind being shown how to create them, yes :wink:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hu_nk wrote: Hum, not exactly. I've read the Project Presentation page, but it doesn't explain the details (like adding a page for example :P ). Is there any topic explaining them?
Here a probably many different topics in which it is explained.

For the approval for an alternative language project you'll need the translation of the origin project page, a registration page and at least one completed full chapter (prologues are usually excluded) and a thread in the alternate languages section in the forum.

I know of three ways how a page can be created:

First through a red link - create on a page the link to the page you want to create and follow the link

Second search for the title you want and edit and the save page you'll found

Third just change in the browser (when you are in the wiki behind) "title=" the entry into the name of the page you want to create
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Hu_nk
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hu_nk »

Thanks for the tips, Darklor :wink:
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Hu_nk wrote:
Misogi wrote:Hi Hu_nk.

You're from School Rumble Fantrad, if I'm not wrong. I've read your versions of Hayate no Gotoku!, Half Prince and Shingeki no Kyojin, for which I can't find a translator for its LN version...
Yep, that's me :) You mean a Japanese translator, right?
Misogi wrote:Anyway, nice to meet you here, so if you have any questions about BT, feel free to ask them to me.
If needed, I can help you to create the pages for the projects you've translated.
I wouldn't mind being shown how to create them, yes :wink:
Yeah, since it's a gaiden written by the mangaka himself, it would be interesting to translate it.

I'll give you the links of two help pages in French:
Usage du Wiki
Traduction Anglais/Français

To create the project pages, I'll use the code of the pages I already created, so you don't need to worry about that.
Did you ask the permission for the translations of Tabi ni Deyou and NHK ni Yôkoso? If it's ok, then I can start to create their pages.

--

By the way, I'd like to add to this topic's list the following projects.

Campione! - Français
Durarara!! - Français
High School DxD - Français
Sword Art Online - Français
To Aru Majutsu no Index - Français
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Hu_nk
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hu_nk »

Misogi wrote:To create the project pages, I'll use the code of the pages I already created, so you don't need to worry about that.
Thanks, that's what I did :wink:
Misogi wrote:Did you ask the permission for the translations of Tabi ni Deyou and NHK ni Yôkoso? If it's ok, then I can start to create their pages.
Hum, how does it work? Do I have to ask the translator directly or is there any topic for those kinds of demand?

Actually, I already created Tabi no Deyou's page :o

For NHK, I used the official translation from Tokyopop (from which I doubt I'll get any authorization :wink: and they're down since 2011 anyways).
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Hu_nk wrote:
Misogi wrote:Did you ask the permission for the translations of Tabi ni Deyou and NHK ni Yôkoso? If it's ok, then I can start to create their pages.
Hum, how does it work? Do I have to ask the translator directly or is there any topic for those kinds of demand?

Actually, I already created Tabi no Deyou's page :o

For NHK, I used the official translation from Tokyopop (from which I doubt I'll get any authorization :wink: and they're down since 2011 anyways).
Well, I just asked if you got the permission from the English translators. But I think it'll be alright.
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Hu_nk
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hu_nk »

Misogi wrote:Well, I just asked if you got the permission from the English translators. But I think it'll be alright.
Well, I'm asking how I am supposed to do that =p Should I send them a PM, or post in the dedicated topic? (this one => viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4127)
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

I'll send the PMs, since you can't send them now. You need 10 posts to get rid of your pink color.
----
Hu_nk
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hu_nk »

I see, thank you again, Misogi :)

PS: What's with that pink color for newcomers btw? Is that some sort of hazing or something :o
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Hu_nk wrote:I see, thank you again, Misogi :)

PS: What's with that pink color for newcomers btw? Is that some sort of hazing or something :o
Basically, it's an anti-spam thing we're doing here.
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

Which consist to force the newcomers to spam 10 times to be able to post without restriction :D

PS : and what about adding the french translation of SAO to the first post of this topic ? Or do you update it only punctually the whole at once ?
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Couldnt everyone who can edit the first post add those?

----
Yeah, that was my thought too ;) - but its a different kind of spamming ;) - social spamming... :twisted:

Darklor

Hu_nk
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hu_nk »

Lery wrote:Which consist to force the newcomers to spam 10 times to be able to post without restriction :D
And to give some real work to the moderators, right? :mrgreen:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Yeah, sad as it is :( , but probably better that as to hunt manual for spamming bot posts

Darklor

Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

Well, why not use Akismet ? It's pretty powerfull : it analyses the content of every post of given groups (such as newcommers) and if it detects a spam known to his database, it ensures it won't be posted.

I know there are mods for phpBB (here and its github seems still active : last update 4 months ago compared to other phpBB mod, it's up to date. :o )

Well, anyway, I'm no big fan of phpBB, to have been working with phpBB, myBB, vBulletin and IPB, even if it's half way between a kludge and a Heath Robinson device, I'm still finding the later (IPB) more supple and easy to customize as the others. But that may be because I've got used to it. (It's the one I used the most, with myBB too)

Anyway, Spam is always a big issue. Sadly. :|
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.

Return to “News”