Legend of the Galactic Heroes (銀河英雄伝説)

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this novel series translated?

I might try translating this
4%
Yes
94%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
2%
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 48

chillock
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Legend of the Galactic Heroes (銀河英雄伝説)

Post by chillock »

Awesome, thanks for the links, I've done a little more, I'll put a google docs link in here instead of cluttering up the page. Oh and I'll be doing it bit by bit as I don't really have much time to work on it each day but I'll never stop. 8)

[removed upon licensing]
Insert Witty Response here
chillock
Mikuru's Master

Post by chillock »

weird, the post I did a day or two ago isn't here, oh well I've done some more, though I improved the translation where ranks were mentioned, now the sub captain is mentioned. Had to go to the japanese version to get the name though. Also the description of Iserlohn could use some improvement with the wording though I'll go back to it sometime later.

Spoiler! :
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Novel 2: Ambition

Chapter 1: Eve of The Storm (Before the Storm)

Hundreds of millions of Stars shine brightly. But in deep space it only gets darker, as light gets ever so faintly.

A never ending night, an endless void, coldness beyond belief - none of which has never abandoned the human race, is this what it means to be human. The Universe is vast, though seen through human eye's, is still far away, this is due to the fact that space has already become familiar to them wherein they travel freely.

Mankind has divided the Universe, into multiple regions, where they have gone and where they have not; those who travel between these zones are hopeless people - professional soldiers, all known space and stars, have been classified as regions dominated by them or their enemy, it is advised to stay in ones own area, as capturing another area is no easy feat.

Constellations were originally without names, that was until mere humans named them, in their own language to distinguish them.

In the Universe there is an area known as the "Iserlohn Corridor", like a slender and secret tunnel, throughout the galaxy it’s ownership guarantees an advantage.

[rest removed upon licensing]
chillock
Mikuru's Master

Post by chillock »

Really sorry for being inactive for a while, I was just working on the Manga Arion and totally forgot about LOGH, I'll definitely keep remembering about this, anyways I did a little more today.

[removed upon licensing]
Mooseman
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mooseman »

I don't think many people are aware of this translation project yet, so I figured I would post it here.
[removed upon licensing]
It's very good so far.
chillock
Mikuru's Master

Post by chillock »

I am so sorry about this, between everything going on I totally forgot about this. I will get right back to this if anyone is interested, I'm just busy right now working on the translation for Arion. Again, I'm sorry for the months of waiting. Though we'll see if that other guy who's working on the translation on that blog makes enough progress.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

@Chillock Uhm, was there a reason that it didnt became a wiki teaser project? I mean it looks as if you have at least translated enough to start such a project. Or are the new rules really that limiting?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
chillock
Mikuru's Master

Post by chillock »

Darklor wrote:@Chillock Uhm, was there a reason that it didnt became a wiki teaser project? I mean it looks as if you have at least translated enough to start such a project. Or are the new rules really that limiting?
Actually I'm very rarely even on these forums so I wouldn't really know how to go about that, though I stopped the translation since Tracy Chu over on her blog did the entire first novel already and was moving onto the second. But she hasn't posted in months, and people were complaining about how the Chinese version added stuff and the like, though nobody actually gave a proper answer. I can't believe I actually started working on it a year ago, I easily could have done it in a couple of months but shit happened in real life and I was busy as a bee. Though if she doesn't post some more I may start working on it again.

This is her site: [removed upon licensing]
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Would it be ok to create a teaser project with your translation?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
chillock
Mikuru's Master

Post by chillock »

Darklor wrote:Would it be ok to create a teaser project with your translation?
Whoops, didn't see your comment. I'll do that since I'm starting to work on the translation again since that other person hasn't posted in months. Though she did make a post on her blog complaining about people complaining that she hasn't done anything.
chillock
Mikuru's Master

Post by chillock »

chillock wrote:
Darklor wrote:Would it be ok to create a teaser project with your translation?
Whoops, didn't see your comment. I'll do that since I'm starting to work on the translation again since that other person hasn't posted in months. Though she did make a post on her blog complaining about people complaining that she hasn't done anything.
Well I found that the guy who translated the first novel also did the first four chapters and a bit for the fifth for the second novel, I guess I should pick up where he left off instead of doing what has already been done.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”