One-shot novel: Twilight Moon Rabbit.

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by the_naming_game »

Zalthers:
First off, the main character seems interesting. Thanks for posting this. The author's sense of humor seems to come through, even with two languages in between.

I tried to search for some information on this book, but anything beyond commercial synopses seems hard to find. I couldn't find anything on japanese wikipedia, which is where I go whenever there's a name reading I'm not sure about -- and there is next to no information on it except publishing dates, and some author info.

----

Can you find the kanji/hanzi using this?

If you're not used to radical lookup, it might be slow, but perhaps faster than finding your hard-to-find digicam.

from skimming http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/c000051/a ... 15216.html I gleaned the following names:

霧村 聖司
# 霧村 【きりむら】 Kirimura (s) NA
# 聖司 【せいし】 Seishi (g) 【せいじ】 Seiji (g) 【きょじ】 Kyoji (u) 【きよし】 Kiyoshi (m) NA

冬木 陽子
冬木 【ふゆき】 Fuyuki (p,s) 【ふゆき】 【ふゆぎ】 Fuyugi (p) NA
陽子 【あきこ】 Akiko (f)
陽子 【あきらこ】 Akirako (f)
陽子 【きよこ】 Kiyoko (f)
陽子 【たかこ】 Takako (f)
陽子 【ながこ】 Nagako (f)
陽子 【はるこ】 Haruko (f)
陽子 【ようこ】 Youko (f) (This seems the most common)

There is more than one reading, but my guesses are: Kirimura Seiji, and Fuyuki Youko

----

About trying to read and type; have you tried putting the book in your lap, and then putting something heavy into the middle? It will block some of the words, which you will have to handle the regular way, but depending on how fast you read vs how fast you type 1 vs 2 hands, it might still end up being faster.
Baka-Tsuki, suki! Yuki, suki!
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Post by Zalthers »

:lol: Alrighty, I like that website. Should be easier to try than my digicam hunt.

Regarding the heavy object, I didn't have any @ school. The heavy things I have are something called a "textbook" which unfortunately falls in the category called "twice the size than the novel itself"

Don't worry, I'm a frequent IRC user, and I use to play those MUD games. My typing is unrivaled in school except by three other people. (That is if I use both hands.) A single hand, my speed is as fast as a normal human. >.> Normal non-geeky human. :lol: With occasional typos. :twisted:

That being said, my translation speed is zero to nil. All the awesome typing power with a slow TL speed to match, w00t. :roll:

PS: This translator approves of the protagonist name and protagonist (self claimed) GF name which was suggested. BUT CUZ I AM A LAZY BUM, I will not edit what I have translated so far, to fill in the <> names. I'll only add the names back in, in the next TL. Suckers to be my editor. :D
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Post by Zalthers »

冰川真那
御廚 槐
久遠 九音
藤堂 燈夜
小靜
席德
優羽

:evil: After like I don't know! One hour?! I found them on the website. Atleast I still found them unlike the digicam. NOW, SOMEONE, SLAVE FOR ME! (IE, Romanize them)
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Post by Zalthers »

:? The translations are being hold in stasis until someone romanizes the words.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Zalthers wrote::? The translations are being hold in stasis until someone romanizes the words.
I'm just curious why you are posting the translations here.....

We do have a wiki you know.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Post by Zalthers »

I don't know how to make an extra page. If you open a blank page for me, I'll stuff everything in. :?

I'm dumb with wiki, I'm smart with everything else. Ironic.

---

Additionally I suspect, I have absolutely zero pwning powers to make pages in the wiki. I'm not an official translator or anything. I'm pretty sure, since my wiki account was made 3 days ago, and my forum account like 6-7 days ago.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Well, technically what you are doing is posting teasers, we do have a sectino on the wiki to provide a space for you to publish materials such as yours.

how about this, tell me your wiki username if you don't use the same one for the Forum, so I will know who's publishing what.

Then I'll create teaser page for you to publish your scripts, then we will leave it to fate.

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Post by Zalthers »

:shock: I was doing a teaser? Which one? I think Magical Academy is still in teaser mode. But I think not for Moonlight.

:? My account was already made, like I said, 3 days ago. And I'm oblivious to the teaser page you mention of. Anyways, my account name is identical... Did you not notice already. :!:
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Post by Zalthers »

More supaarific response from another friend. Credits to shiachan. Romanization complete. Refer to the first post for the Kanji and Romanji. Decision is FINAL, I will ignore any other romanization and claim shia's as obsolete! :D
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

You can always put the translation onto your talk page: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... k:Zalthers
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Post by Zalthers »

Whatever :? , I guess you think I'm doing a teaser or something. Project is terminated, along with Magical Academy. If no one is bothered to think I'm doing it for real. I might as well not do it. What I've posted so far is about 10% of the first chapter already. And you still think I'm doing a teaser. I was doing a teaser to find editors, not find translators, since I'm doing the translation as solo.

Thanks for TNG's help on the kanji thing. I'll resume as Mr Anonymous patrol for Suzumiya Haruhi then.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

First of all Zalthers, if you wanted to have this up on the wiki, you could have easily PMed a supervisor. That's how I got TNG to set up a GOTH page.

We had no idea if you were doing a teaser or an actual project. You were asking on help to romanize the name, something that is usually done in preparation BEFORE an actual script is posted. That's why everyone here though you were doing a teaser/pre-publishing preparations. You don't expect us to upload anything on the wiki with <prot> and <prot's self acclaimed girlfriend> in them, do you?

Honestly you could have bothered to PM either Onizuka-GTO, the naming game, or any other mod here regarding your request for setting up a main page, since you've done 10% of chapter 1 and have ironed out the bits with the character names. May I remind you that you only got your character's names right yesterday? At the very least you could have made a post here saying 'Now that I've got everything settled, can I have a page now?'

I personally think that you shouldn't rely too much on editors. Sure, they're here to help make your translations flow smoother, but that doesn't mean they're going to be slaving for you. I try to complete my chapters ASAP too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to forsake all basic grammar and dish out a messed translation that most people will have trouble understanding. Editors aren't there to correct every single sentence for you, so drop the "So I'll leave it to yah all to pick up the dirt for me then!" attitude. It's disrespectful to the editors.

If you're truly serious about terminating the translation, all I can say that it's a shame, to us Baka-Tsuki mods, Baka-Tsuki readers who have read your translations, and perhaps to you yourself. I won't force you to withdraw your decision, but I personally feel that letting something as small as 'If no one bothered to think I'm doing it for real, I might as well not do it.' stop you from translating something you enjoy is saddening. I'm a translator for GOTH. It's probably the least viewed project here on Baka-Tsuki, but I still enjoy translating it very much, even more than Haruhi. If you want to translate something, do it for your love of the series, and not for recognition.

In short, to proceed or not proceed, it's your call. Feel free to reply/PM me about your response.
/me claws out throat and dies
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Post by Zalthers »

:? Please lock this thread.

Thanks.

PS: Regarding why I'm increasing speed instead of going for quality. Is because I have exams. Hm, it may not sound like the perfect excuse but, I'm still human, so I need to relax. But since I put 30-60 minute breaks in my revision schedule to read a book, so I decided to spend the time to translate. So if I had to pick up the itty bitty gritty details on my language. It'll just slow me down.

PPS: I do it for the love that I see someone to laugh along with me, and not MONOLOGUE by myself. Get the whole point? As far as I know, I feel like a lunatic, doing this and not getting any replies. A nice haw haw would do some cheering up. If I wanted to post random translations anywhere, I could just do it on IRC with a channel of 1000 people to see their reacitons instead. Pre-publishing blah blah blah, I actually talked it over with Cala about whether I should translate without names, she said I should just translate whatever I could, and wait until someone comes to stick the names back in or something. Hell, for chapter 8 in Haruhi Suzumiya, the telephone converstation, I also did the same thing, sticking in <untranslated name> in the middle of the translation. Did that affect anyone? No, it only took 1 day for someone to have the book to stick the names back in.

PPPS: It is up to the EDITORS themselves to really pick up my dirt. Feel free to NOT edit it at all. Infact, as long as someone said "haha good story, keep the work up" I don't mind if no editors went along to clean up the mess. As far as I'm concerned, it's still legible, albeit the huge mess.

PPPPS: Please look at the post that Onizuka replied when he said I should post in the teaser page, my reply to onizuka's post was clearly sarcastic. Meaning I WASN'T doing a teaser at all. Oh yes, I know onizuka is in the editorial team, I'm SURE he can spot sarcastic in english. And I deliberately PMed Onizuka already regarding the matter. About 3 days ago.

PPPPPS: I wasn't intending to iron the itty bitty details, I was intending to translate without the names. I was waiting for someone to see if they have the copy of the book like me, but UNLIKE me, they CAN translate the names. As far as I'm concerned, the book itself has no jokes against the character names, even if you can't read them, it's not going to affect the story, your point is? If the names were not absolute necessary, why am I required to make sure the entire character list and the plot storyline fully detailed. :?:

XS: Last but not least, the page hits are nothing compared to the random topics that even show up in the haruhi thread, I am highly doubtful that many people actually read it. And if you read at the start of Cala's first ever post in there, THAT stuff, that SHORT paragraph is the ACTUAL teaser. THE stuff I was shooting into the forum isn't the teaser. I thought it was blatantly obvious. If cala already posted THE Teaser, why would I post a TEASER VERSION 2 up?
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Post by Zalthers »

Ah yes, ignore the whole mumbo jumbo on the top. The point where HolyCow and I is different is that, you do it for the joy of translation, I do it for the joy of my readers. If I don't have any readers, I do not gain any motivation.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Zalthers did you get my P.M.?

all i need is to know if this has been licence already or not.

if you're still willing to continue this, p.m. me.

to be honest, i got your p.m. 3 days ago, but i didn't really understand what you meant by it.
:roll:

i was thinking...."move it right along...where?" lol.
brain been a bit mushy due to salaryman workload. :(

anyway, it's your call, like i explained in my last p.m. there is no deadline, so exams and stuff wouldn't matter here, as long as you give your word to commit to a chapter/section.

:wink:

i look forward to your reply.

regards,

oni

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”