Mushi-uta Light novel/ Mushi-Uta Bug short story

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

do you want this novel to be translated?

yes (please state reason if wanted)
96%
no (please state reason if wanted)
4%

Total votes: 80

Kokoru Asami
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mushi-uta Light novel/ Mushi-Uta Bug short story

Post by Kokoru Asami »

....Just reading the fact that the show only covered volume one, makes me want to know more. The story seems great just like i expected it to be! How many novels are there out so far?
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Latest volume of the original series, Mushi-Uta I read, volume 8. The love story of Momo, and Daisuke. Where two lives perished, just like a loving couple... Lovers not made to meet, thanks to Mushis, yet made to perish, just like Mushis with a short life span. Love that did not last long...
I didn't understand what you were saying there.

By the way are you reading the japanese novel?
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Kokoru Asami wrote:
By the way are you reading the japanese novel?
I meant the latest of the Mushi-Uta(Not side story volumes) that i read, is vol 8, where its about the Love story between a Daisuke and Momo, a new host. The story ended with them dying...

And no, I read the Chinese edition. I am sad to say that I am incapable of reading Japanese, so it is impossible for me to read the Japanese novel.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Kokoru Asami
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kokoru Asami »

So daisuke dies? Momo, love interest? What ever happened to Shiika....I'm so lost!!
I WANT TO READ IT!! Sigh.....
How do you know which are which Mushi-uta novel and short stories? Are they written in two seperate novels?
By the way do you know how many novels the chinese translations are from the japanese. Is Volume 8 in chinese (the one you've read) the newest one in chinese?
Fei Wong
Astral Realm

Post by Fei Wong »

Finally this thread is alive!
ShadowZeroHeart, Kokoru Asami, I love you people. Keep it up!
And thanks for the spoilers, btw. Maybe now I should do some more explanatory comments in my M-U fansub scripts.
ShadowZeroHeart

Kokoru Asami wrote:So daisuke dies? Momo, love interest? What ever happened to Shiika....I'm so lost!!
I WANT TO READ IT!! Sigh.....
How do you know which are which Mushi-uta novel and short stories? Are they written in two seperate novels?
By the way do you know how many novels the chinese translations are from the japanese. Is Volume 8 in chinese (the one you've read) the newest one in chinese?
Mushi-Uta and Mushi-Uta short stories are written clearly in their titles, with the first going from 1 to 8, and the second going from 1st to 5th so far. The numbering is sort of different.

ALL of them are from Japanese translated to Chinese, I am not sure how many volumes are out in Japanese, but 8+5 is the OFFICIAL translation volumes that are released by publishers that I have gotten my paws on so far.

MAJOR SPOILER!!!! DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO SPOIL YOUR STORY!!

ONCE YOU READ THIS SPOILER, YOUR ENTIRE VOLUME 8 WILL BE RUINED!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING!! TURN BACK IF YOU INTEND TO READ VOLUME 8 ON YOUR OWN!!!
Spoiler! :
In volume 7, Daisuke almost went out of control. So in volume 8, he ran away from SEPB, seeking help from his old superior's friend.

As I said, Volume 8 is about the love story of "a" Daisuke and Momo. Reason being that ITS A NOVEL!!

Unlike animes and mangas, novels goes by words and words only. You CANNOT tell who the actual protagonist is, except by the name. However, in volume 8, Daisuke while running away, meets an experimental Host, one who was being toyed with, and thus not have any memories. After their battle, (It was a draw by the way) BOTH of them ended up at the same place, though they did not realise it. Reason being the friend of his old superior does not know who is Daisuke, and when asked, both of them gave an obscure answer. As she cannot tell who is the real one, she can only take care of them both.

Near the end of the volume, when Momo almost went mad, both Daisukes finally met, one being the experimental Host, who loves Momo, the other being the Daisuke we all love and worship. Their meeting in the rain was hilarious. "Hi there Daisuke." "Hi." "You know, I wore that shirt two days ago." "Yeah? And I was wearing yours three days back." It was something similar to this. (This part is from memory, not a teaser, need to refer back for the actual words)

If you are just a reader, being unable to see who it is, would really make you think that Daisuke forgot all about Shiika, which is not true!! Because this Daisuke is not that Daisuke!! DAISUKE FOREVER!!!!
Its reasons like this that makes Novels really unique and special.... Thats why I don't really like how some people may compare novel stories against animes, or animes against mangas, unless they are talking about adaptations made from one or the other.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Kokoru Asami
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kokoru Asami »

Oh i see, so the title states what it is. Good.

Sorry you wrote the spoilers but i couldn't bring myself to reading it, i have hopes that someday someone will translate the novel. Yea there is nothing like novels, there's just so much detail that cant always be shown otherwise!
ShadowZeroHeart

Kokoru Asami wrote:Oh i see, so the title states what it is. Good.

Sorry you wrote the spoilers but i couldn't bring myself to reading it, i have hopes that someday someone will translate the novel. Yea there is nothing like novels, there's just so much detail that cant always be shown otherwise!
Don't worry about it. If possible, I would have not want people to read it either. But there will be people who just want to know, and doesn't want to read it. For a good reading experience, its best to stay off this spoiler.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Fei Wong
Astral Realm

Post by Fei Wong »

Sorry, ShadowZeroHeart, may I ask you what happened with Haji Keigo (after hospitalization) and his sister?
ShadowZeroHeart

Fei Wong wrote:Sorry, ShadowZeroHeart, may I ask you what happened with Haji Keigo (after hospitalization) and his sister?
Spoiler! :
Haji Keigo is gone from the story... As for his sister, she tries to stick to Daisuke, but its quite clear what he would do... And his sister accepts the fact that shes a high level Host and helps out a little.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Kokoru Asami
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kokoru Asami »

Well as long as someone here likes the novel and can read it and provide information its good, maybe the thread will grow in the future and who knows someday someone might translate it?
Thanks ShadowZeroHeart!

By the way what does happen to Shiika and who is this Momo that is Daisuke's love interest cuz i remember him loving Shiika (and also Rina loving him but she dies sadly, she was one of my favorite characters!).
ShadowZeroHeart

Kokoru Asami wrote:Well as long as someone here likes the novel and can read it and provide information its good, maybe the thread will grow in the future and who knows someday someone might translate it?
Thanks ShadowZeroHeart!

By the way what does happen to Shiika and who is this Momo that is Daisuke's love interest cuz i remember him loving Shiika (and also Rina loving him but she dies sadly, she was one of my favorite characters!).
Rina is pitiful, as she is forced on a path she never really liked... As for the rest...
Spoiler! :
Shiika joined Rina's organisation if I recall. Momo is another Host from the third Original or Great one. However, it has been tested and proven with the help and Momo and a few other victims that its possible to manipulate Mushis and Mushi creations via brainwash etc. Momo had her bug sealed up in her mind, until their interference and research that led to the release of her memories and her Mushi's awakening. The person who brainwashed her also had several chances that caused people to create false "Dreams" that led to the woman Original/Great one to feed on them, though eventually she said the artificial favor is quite bad, though it is edible.

Momo is a cheerful girl at the place where Daisuke is resting, to rest his heart as his Mushi tries to devour it, and Daisuke is eventually attracted to her. When they realised that Momo's powers are based on coloring made from her very own blood, they found out that she will lead to her own destruction, and tries to stop her from going berserk. However, Daisuke was stopped by someone, leading to his eventual death. Momo tries hard to reach his side, but was stopped by different groups of people as well, which also, eventually led to her death. Their greatest consolation is probably that they had been truly in love, and they finally got to meet before their final death takes over them.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Kokoru Asami
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kokoru Asami »

Wow thats so different from what was going on in the show! I dont understand though if Daisuke dies wouldnt that mean the main character just died?
Also wasnt there a romance between shiika and daisuke?
ShadowZeroHeart

Kokoru Asami wrote:Wow thats so different from what was going on in the show! I dont understand though if Daisuke dies wouldnt that mean the main character just died?
Also wasnt there a romance between shiika and daisuke?
Well, as I said, the entire anime is mainly focusing on volume 1... And the novel went up to volume 8... So by calculation... its like 8X12 episodes of anime? Wont you expect things to cover much more than you expect in 96 episodes of anime?

As for Daisuke's death, go read the novel, or the spoiler, haha.

And there is indeed romance between Shiika and Daisuke
Spoiler! :
which is why he didn't kill her Mushi again, even if it means her powers would be used by the original one.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Kokoru Asami
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kokoru Asami »

Well....if i could read japanese or chinese i wouldnt be asking would i now :wink: , and reading the spoiler would hurt to much so i guess i might never know......
ShadowZeroHeart

Been a long time...

Anyways, since we had such a intensive chat recently, let me point this out... MY LONG AWAITED VOLUME 9 OF MUSHI UTA IS OUT!!

Synopsis: (due to some minor spoilers, I will put this in spoilers)
Spoiler! :
名叫赤瀨川七那的少女打算利用附蟲者的力量來擴展事業,
於是向杏本詩歌提出了「契約」。
詩歌與身為〈蟲羽〉新資助者的她,
為了標得令這個國家的經濟產生巨變的三個轉捩點
「圈地」、「泡沫現象」、「典範轉移」的肇因「原始的附蟲者」,
一同參加搏命的拍賣會--一切只為發掘〈蟲〉的「根源」!
這是如魔法般融化冰凍之心,最棒又最惡劣的潘朵拉之盒!

Translation:
A girl called 赤瀨川七那 intends to use the power of Hosts to expand her company, and suggested a "Contract" with Shiika.
Shiika and the new sponsor for BUGWING, in order to bid for the reason for the three major changes in economy, 「圈地」、「泡沫現象」、「典範轉移」, the original Host, they all joined in the death threatening auction------ All just to dig up the very "root" of <Mushi>!
This is a Pandora's box that would melt a cold heart like magic, the best yet the evilest at the same time!
As for those who are wondering about Shiika... Shes not left in the hospital...
Spoiler! :
Shiika, with the help of another Host, escaped from SEPD, only to be found by remnants, worshipers of Rina. And as worshipers of Rina, what more would they ask for, than the resurrection of their God, Rina(Even if she would continue to suffer as she had when she was alive, unknown to all)? Thus, the plan is simple, get Shiika, find out "How Shiika woke up", and do the same for Rina. However... Shiika don't know... Yet, with her power, she is just as good as Rina, thus she became leader...
Four groups... all with different goals, all with different purposes...

SEPD - Hidden with dark secrets of its own
Daisuke - One-man-army!! or you can call it "Daisuke and gang"...
HANAKUIYO(or something, a fire bug guy, as strong as, if not WAY STRONGER than Daisuke or Shiika, or Rina) - Him and his gang, utterly owns most other Hosts. Seems to know a lot, SEEMS to be under SEPD, but have plans of his own? Nothing really revealed about him.
Bugwing - Rina's organization, picking up once more, and hopefully going in a positive manner...

and the ones under the cloak of secrets... the three Original Ones... Let me tell you some secrets, if you want to ever find out... hehehe (witch laugh)

Woman Original:
Spoiler! :
Eats the most, most famous, and most common Mushis are made by her. Her Mushis would be a bug that can use abilities, like Rina, Shiika.One would be in a hypnotised form and tell her their secrets.
Old Man Original:
Spoiler! :
Dirty old man, but rather, it is believed that his actual form is NOT the old man, but the church that comes along. When one is lost in his/her path, they MAY hear the bells of a church. Some time later, they would eventually head into another dimension, where there is a church, and a peaceful place, and they would then be prompted, sort-of hypnotized, into telling him your secrets. His Mushis would be those that require a medium to use their powers, for example, electricity. One had the power of gravity, another having the power of magnetism(Sad story, I liked her... Goodbye, fateful warrior, remembered for all eternity... The way she fights makes me think Mikoto from Railgun is nothing, NOTHING I TELL YA!!)...

And both the church and the old man are just forms it/they take up. It seems that they would break into break wriggling worm-like things when hit, as they managed to get someone to reject him asking for one's dream once, and beat the crap out of him.

However, it was revealed later that those are all but "Pieces" or "Fragments" of the real deal... Indications that the real deal is located at... *Gulp*

People call him by the Title "Loving Father", perhaps due to the church and the way he gets dreams.
The Formless Original:
Spoiler! :
As mentioned, SEPD does not know of the actual form it takes up, however, readers will be prompted to know its true form, at least as of now. It is currently as a Ring. The reason it is shrouded in mystery, is that one won't remember anything about being a Host for this Original, thus not knowing its true form, after it consumes one's dream. Mushis born of this Original are believed to be the strongest, Daisuke for example. The numbers known are few, namely Momo, Daisuke, The Silver Lancer(nothing else known in original stories, mainly in Mushi-Uta side stories, where they uncover her past with Daisuke... They seem quite loving you know... really...), a weak girl with the ability to merely fly once fused with her Mushi, also the one who helped Shiika escape. I don't think there is others, or perhaps I forgot?

Out of all three Originals, this is the WEAKEST of all, despite its Mushis being the strongest. Numbers are few, since it is quite obvious that it is incapable of consumption on its own, and Daisuke's sister can desist its control and temptations, so it will probably be the most time-consuming one either...

At the end of volume 8, Daisuke's sister, going with Daisuke's gang (Daisuke goes alone, and stays in SEPD), found the ring, though personally I HATE that part, since its a big rush in the story... guess the author thinks the story goes too slowly, and wants to end it...? Damn, such a good series...

That aside, nothing is said about whether Daisuke's sister manages to keep her promise of finding "her"(since it takes the form of its Host), and being together forever... At least, not until the story moves on...
CANT WAIT!! MUSHI UTA 9!!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”