Majutsushi Orphen Haguretabi/Mubouhen

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this series translated?

Yes
99%
Not really (give reason)
No votes
No (give reason)
1%

Total votes: 141

jaymeeraine
Astral Realm

Re: Majutsushi Orphen Haguretabi/Mubouhen

Post by jaymeeraine »

No idea. My coworker says he has no life and stays up all night translating stuff. But yeah I suspect he may be using a machine and then just 'tweaking' it since he probably really does speak the language.

Well, then again, I only sent my coworker the link to the scanned pages (the same one as I posted here). I think there are machines that translate scanned pictures too, though? Who knows. We'll see what the results look like. Meanwhile, I will continue my pleas on baka-tsuki.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

That's what we call "extraordinary professional translater".
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Hamel
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hamel »

I came here to say that I support this and I want to see it done
Orphen is one of my all time favorite anime and I want to read the novel
dreamer
Astral Realm

Post by dreamer »

Has there been any talk of translating this series since this thread went up? D: I'd love to see it translated!
CFHPantera
Astral Realm

Post by CFHPantera »

Yeah I was also wondering if there was any word on this series being translated? From that summary posted the novels sound much more interesting than the anime (which I did enjoy a lot btw) so I would love if it was translated so I could read them! And I'd like to commend all of you who are putting the effort forth to do so

Thank you :)
OldGreg
Astral Realm

Post by OldGreg »

Oh yes can someone please translate this? Or perhaps provide summaries to each of the novels? Or even a general outline of how the story turns out would at least partially satisfy my curiousity lol
Thanks!
vicky91
Astral Realm

Post by vicky91 »

I have just finished the anime and I have been spending ages just trying to gather some information on the novels and find out what happened later on. I also read something very interesting about the ending. Well it was one line, but I am now dying to read the novels even more. It's a shame that the manga didn't follow the novels. It really has so much potential and I also think that it would be a fantastic series to read. If people were given the opportunity to read the novels in English, I think more would know that they existed. Fingers crossed for a future release by someone at least. (even though the first novel came out a long time ago)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I fear this series is so old that it has a very limited chance to get a translation...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Chapu
Astral Realm

Post by Chapu »

Well, for what it's worth, I'd really, reeeeeeeally LOVE to see this novels get translated.

I arrived at this forums searching for Sword Art Online and Accel World epubs on Google, and after downloading those I registered to start a request for Orphen breing translated into English. I loved that series so much when I was a teenager and I recently saw it again in it's entirety with my wife. Great memories, let me tell you.

Sadly I can't help with the translations per se (if I read Japanese I would've bought and read the novels a long time ago, when I first heard about them) but I can offer my help with making the ePubs once it's translated, or even in translating to Spanish, if anyone's interested.

One more time: please, please translate this novels!! :D

UPDATE: I've found two interesting things about this topic. One, there's someone who is already considering doing the translation: http://terracannon876.wordpress.com/tra ... mment-1569 I've already pointed her in this direction, so maybe there's a chance. Secondly, and in regards to Darklor's comment about the series being old (it is) and having little appeal (here I disagree :P ): http://www.propelanime.com/recent-anime ... -fall.html Apparently Orphen got new stories this year, so the interest (in Japan, at least) for this character isn't waining at all!
terracannon876
Astral Realm

Post by terracannon876 »

Hello, terracannon876 here. Anyone alive still interested in the Orphen novels? ^^;

Anyways, joking aside, I was wondering if anyone here has (or knows where to get) the .pdf versions of the Orphen novels (Haguretabi part 1)? It would greatly help my translation progress if you do. Otherwise I'd have to type one-handedly with book in the other hand ^^; (Also makes looking up words much easier.)

Admittedly, Orphen isn't my first priority atm, but I am currently working through it when I feel the need for a change of pace. It is a fun read (minus certain characters...), so I'm enjoying it a lot =)

Thanks for any help I might get!
redglassesgirl
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by redglassesgirl »

Sorry to come alive again this old thread, but I love so much this series and I really want to read it!
Does somebody know where to find anything related to the LN of Orphen?
chillock
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by chillock »

I've started translating the first novel from the Chinese version, I've released the prologue and chapter one so far. I was waiting to see if terracannon was going to do anything but he stopped ages ago and even removed his translation, citing the new japanese law for the reason.

http://ciaranhillock.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... urney.html
http://ciaranhillock.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... ey_11.html
Insert Witty Response here
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

What did the law say?

Darklor

chillock
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by chillock »

It was something about Japan being able to prosecute people outside of Japan for copyright infringements, or something like that. That's why he removed his translation, though I doubt they would have actually done anything about it.
Insert Witty Response here
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Will you create a teaser project with your translation?

Darklor

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”