Project Plea : Kore wa Zombie desu ka?

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

"Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?"

"Yes"
99%
"Not Really (Please give a reason)"
1%
"No (Please give a reason)"
1%

Total votes: 369

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Project Plea : Kore wa Zombie desu ka?

Post by Mystes »

It was only a matter of time, and I post this first, though I think that there might be people who thought about doing this but were too lazy or something like that. The plea was imminent.
Aikawa Ayumu is a normal high-school boy. One day he is killed by a serial killer and revived as a zombie by a necromancer, Eucliwood Hellscythe. He starts to serve Eu as her guard but he happens to deprive a mahoushoujo Haruna of her magic power. Haruna orders Ayumu to fight against anti-mahou shoujo system "Megalo" in her place. FROM BAKA-UPDATES.
As for the introduction, here's my sh*tty translation, though someone might have already translated it :
Can you avoid meteorites? I can avoid them. But, I cannot avoid meetings like meteorites falling suddenly.

I----used to be a rustic high school student, Ayumu Aikawa, but for some reasons, I got implied in a serial killing case, and got easily killed……but, I don’t know why, I’m still alive. And before that I met a young necromancer girl named Yuu, and woke up as a zombie. How could it be!?

Not only that, but also, from the magical world came a young female warrior named Haruna, and suddenly named me as a masou shoujo. What’s that!? As I was thinking about that, a vampire ninja appeared, and before I noticed, they were all cohabiting with me----what did I do!? Fujimi Shobo's 20th Fantasia Awards for long-running novels.
As for the licence, I don't know, so can someone check it?

There aren't any translators for now. But someone may join BT to translate that.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Project Plea : Kore wa Zombie desu ka?

Post by larethian »

I must admit some of the stupid gags had my stomach hurting. well, at the very least, it seems to be popular among LN readers in Singapore, since it just got restocked, again.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

larethian wrote:I must admit some of the stupid gags had my stomach hurting. well, at the very least, it seems to be popular among LN readers in Singapore, since it just got restocked, again.
Unfortunately, I don't get a lot of LN here, so I don't know about the situation, and mostly of the Asian concentration read manga, but not LNs. But I really like the anime, and especially the story from Ayumu's POV.
Kira0802

dim1
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by dim1 »

I loved the anime when it isn't serious, I like it when it is just not as much.I would like to read the light novels though.
LiTTleDRAgo
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by LiTTleDRAgo »

Spoiler! :
Part of Chapter 3

They're from overseas. That's all I can come up with.

Where were they from, why did they come here, I couldn't make them up. Even if I reveal their true nature I doubt it's going to help. Let's say I'm Orito and I'm being told "From the right this one is a Necromancer, Masou Shoujo and lastly a Vampire Ninja." He'll probably reply with a "Huh?" if I ever introduce them this way. So I left out the specifics.

Obviously, I will never ever mention "The three of them are living with me."

--That's supposed to be the case.

"Where are your lodgings?"

"Ayumu's house."

Haruna answered Orito's question without hesitation. I didn't have the time to shout "WAH!" out loud, cover her mouth or to change the topic.

"Aikawa, why are you hiding things from me? Didn't you say you prefer to be alone?"

Glasses looks scary. I'm sorry.

"Well, it was ad hoc, so I was busy all this while. I just met this dignified and that little one as well."

"How do I make it, I'm defeated... Never thought you would be hiding things from me."

Orito looked intently at me. Though I understand his feelings, but he'll probably be dragged into our problems. This is a world at war.

"Sorry..."

"You should have told me. Well disregard that, did you guys do it? You know, H (ecchi) stuff..."

Orito slyly said. If I answer "Yeah I did it" now there would be interesting reactions, but with misunderstandings, I'll probably become Sera and Haruna's sandbag. Not sandbag as in a punching bag, but into the shape of sand.

"If I really did something like that I wouldn't be in one piece now."

Sera and Haruna responded to my sentence by nodding their heads. Orito felt at ease after seeing their reactions, and with a revolting look on his face, he joined me to help Haruna select her clothes.

Haruna's in front, next up is Orito and me. At the rear was Sera and Yuu as we marched towards the boutique.

"Ah! That's really cute! Look, Ayumu!"

I had a feeling of deja vu from her exclaimations.

Once in a while I would turn behind and notice Sera holding fashion items, contemplating. Chance. Yuu's staring at blank space. Is there a ghost?

"Sera, is there anything you want? I'll pay."

"Can I?" Sera's eye shifted away, looking confused.

"Of course? Learn a thing or two from that person."

I pointed my thumb at Haruna. Her ahoge jumped up and down as usual.

"But, someone like me..."

"It's okay it's okay."

"But, I'm a servant..."

"Oh you. Right, here's an order. Do whatever you like. A servant would follow orders, right?"

I shrugged my shoulders at the stubborn Sera. If I didn't do this she wouldn't have accepted the present.

"This order, it's so low. But--"

She turned and look at the accessories. And without turning, I heard a tiny, really tiny "Thank you".

Sera's simple words made my heart beat faster, as though trying to burst out of my chest. It was like something pierced me. That instant, her smile is captured in my eyes like a photograph. (me: He hnnnnnggggg'd.)

Words like that can even turn into blades.

My line of sight floated away, and met with Yuu's. She's the opposite of me, with a poker face.

Then, the uneasiness in my mind surfaced.

>"To that great someone, how important speaking is. You don't understand!"

Sera's angry words echoed in my mind, unable to leave.

Dammit! I grabbed Yuu by the hand and brought her out.

"Oi, Aikawa! Where are you going?"

I ignored Orito and made my way to the lift.

"Excuse me, but this shirt, does it suit me? Haruna, there are some cute clothes over here too."

Sera approached Haruna and Orito, and then secretly looked at me. Her eyes were like a mom watching her kid's first purchase.

She's making a chance for Yuu and me.

--What a great help.

I took Yuu's hand and pressed the buttons in the lift without speaking. Yuu kept looking at me, while me who was hoping for a quiet place to talk kept staring at the buttons.

The roof is just ahead. With only vending machines and benches for resting, that place is a perfect place for a zombie. The setting sun, dark and looming clouds, were like a reflection of my current state of mind.

I sat down on a shelterless bench and watched the starless, filthy sky.

Yuu, like me, glimpse at the sky. How's the view, is this romantic, such words never came out of my mouth. Putting both arms behind my back, I felt a sense of exhaustion. For two, three seconds not a word was spoken.

I suddenly turned towards Yuu.

"Tell me, Yuu, why did you kill your emotions?"

I put on a serious look, but Yuu's face was as usual. After staring at each other for a while, she pulled out a notepad from her a pocket in her skirt.

[Must I?]

"Yes, definitely."

This time, Yuu sighed. I don't have any idea what she's feeling now. Does she feel troubled or does she not want to explain? Either way, I will impose it on her. I have the right to know. If I don't have then issue me the right immediately.

Again she opened another page of her notepad, it was filled with words.

[the thread of one's fate wriggles slowly forward if they cross each other an encounter is born a huge magical presence would produce huge effect that wobbling is enormous and violent that's why a person with huge magical power must learn to control wavering unstable the change in one's mind would cause magical power to go wild that's why I'm not allowed to show emotions]

That was more profound that I imagined. That means... What does it mean?

"Uh... That. If you laugh or cry, you alter other's fate?"

Yuu nodded her head. At this moment I remembered the time when I first met her. That time, she said:

>It's interesting.

>So don't do it again.

In other words, because it can affect her emotions that's why she didn't want me to do it again?

[I don't speak because my words hold power those who hear my words will follow its content and become that way that is why I'm not allowed to make any sound]

"Those who heard your words would become that way...?"

She held the notebook towards my shocked face, and the ballpoint pen started moving again.

[If I say it's cold You will feel cold even if you're in a fire]

"That's way too powerful!"

[Yes my words are too heavy whenever I don't know whatever power it will become that's why I'm not allow to speak]

"No, isn't that weird? What about 'ahh-', 'uuu-' or 'nyaa-', does it matter if you make such noises?"

[I can't when words become power I'll have a severe headache that I dislike]

To release such great power, you will need to suffer the same backlash? That kind of pain that correspond to such strong power must be unimaginable.

"Are you being hunted because of this power?"

[There are other reasons]

There are more.

[My hands has the ability to heal blood confers immortality my heart can release huge amount of magical power]

My thoughts became messier. Instead of comforting me her explanation had the opposite effect.

"That... You can't remove your plate and Armor because they are helping to seal your powers?"

[Correct]

She clapped her hands, which had gauntlets on.

"Do you have the ability to level mountains, stop time or invincibility?"

[I only possess those abilities other powers are not tied to my will even if I'm dead my powers are still intact that's why they wanted to kill me and steal my powers]

"If I kill you and wring your body, would I get wine that makes me immortal?" I joked.

[Yes]

Kacha kacha, a sound came out of her gauntlets. I did not expect that to be the truth -- May be she's the one who made those Vampire Ninjas.

"Who are those hunting you? Vampire Ninjas? Megalos?"

[I don't know Vampire Ninjas Megalo Masou Shoujo There are times where I was almost killed by them]

Fu. I sighed whilst walking to the vending machine. Got two cans of Cola and gave one to Yuu. However, she left it on the bench and did not drink it.

"Any other stuff you're hiding from me?"

Her writing stopped. Plop, plop, something drip onto the notepad.

[Do you dislike me?] These words were messy.

I cannot understand how that came to be.

"Did I say I dislike Yuu?"

She shoke her head violently. Those big eyes were filled with tears.

[Everytime there's a change in my emotions those nearest to me would have their fate altered]

I see, the Yuu with the poker face, the Yuu that does not show any emotions, has been crying later, gripped by a myriad of emotions. To that end, Megalo, Vampire Ninjas, Masou Shoujo kept coming after us, all at once.

That's nothing. Do you think I'll dislike you for that?

[A monster by your side if you realize it you won't dislike it?]

Yuu's beautiful doll-like face turned into one of despair, her eyebrows tightly knitted together.

"Monster? Is there such a thing here? I only see a cute gentle girl after hearing you out."

[Can I stay with you?]

"Ahhh, do as you like..."

For some reason my awkward words made me angry.

"Ha~" I spat out all the stored air in my lungs.

Do as you like? What the hell am I saying? My current emotions should not be expressed this way. I'm going to do it properly.

"Yuu, you can laugh whenever you want. Fate and whatnot... I'll deal with it when the time comes. -- So please stay by my side."

Her tears kept coming, all I could do now was to caress her silver hair to comfort her.

http://img832.imageshack.us/i/2011011879136617.jpg/

Until her tears dry up, I'm going to stop caressing her silvery long hair.

Next up, I'll be facing with more troublesome stuff according to Yuu.

Come at me, bro. Even if you're a demon king or WMD, I'll be your opponent.

If that is the compensation for being around Yuu, it's pretty cheap.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

A teaser, a teaser *:jumps up and down* so who will create the teaser project? :twisted:
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Darklor wrote:A teaser, a teaser *:jumps up and down* so who will create the teaser project? :twisted:
Maybe LiTTleDRAgo, since he already translated Ch3. And let's hope that this project is been translated full time. Just like kuroi_shinigami, someone might land on this post by luck and decides to participate in BT as a translator.
Kira0802

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Oh, I am happy for every teaser (even if I still couldnt get around to add the latest one) - since I hope they could work like flytraps for translators ;)

Darklor

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Do we put a teaser page, or will we wait?
Kira0802

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I'll wait for now...

Darklor

RaZi3l
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by RaZi3l »

The novel... Surprisingly better than my initial expectation (As of this post, 7 vol). At first, I seriously thought that this was a crap ==.
Though I'm not sure if everyone can digest this type of story..

The light novel is unlicensed, so I guess I can post raw here (Got it from somewhere).

Edit:
Removed Link
On second thought, just pm me if you want. Though I may reply really late.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

RaZi3l wrote:The novel... Surprisingly better than my initial expectation (As of this post, 7 vol). At first, I seriously thought that this was a crap ==.
Though I'm not sure if everyone can digest this type of story..

The light novel is unlicensed, so I guess I can post raw here (Got it from somewhere).

Edit:
Removed Link
Well, KwZ isn't too bad though I was sceptical too at the begining. But the novels made me roll of laughter, so...

Well, let's hope for a translator in the near future...
Kira0802

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

RaZi3l wrote: Edit:
Removed Link
Better is - links to raw arent allowed here - to every raw (not only the licensed).

Darklor

saganatsu
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by saganatsu »

could someone tell me what the page number is for the image at the end of the teaser?
EpixAura
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by EpixAura »

I definitely vote for a translation. I've seen all the episodes for the anime released so far, and I'm still laughing from some of it. When the anime was being comical, I liked it, but when it became a little more serious, I LOVED it.

Really, the cover art is a girl with a pink chainsaw. How can we NOT translate this? (Sadly, I can't translate this. Mi no hablo Japanese :() First the "No school on Friday" announcement, then the resurrection of the Shakugan no Shana project, now the potential translation of Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?! This is quickly becoming the greatest week of my life. Plus, Black and White is right around the corner. I'm honestly about to shed tears of joy. :cry:

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”