Majutsushi Orphen Haguretabi/Mubouhen

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this series translated?

Yes
99%
Not really (give reason)
No votes
No (give reason)
1%

Total votes: 141

jaymeeraine
Astral Realm

Majutsushi Orphen Haguretabi/Mubouhen

Post by jaymeeraine »

I really am quite desperate to have this series translated, so I am really hoping it gets approved! With the manga discontinued and the anime only covering the first couple of book of the manga, not to mention reviews that say that the novels are out-of-this-world fantastic, I would like to pitch this series!
jcafe24.net wrote:Azalie, Orphen's best friend who had helped him get through the prestigious magic school, Tower of Fang, has some connection with the beastly dragon, the Bloody August. In order to uphold the magic school's reputation, it must destroy the dragon - but Orphen isn't about to let that happen so easily, for this beastly dragon is Azalie; she had been transformed, due to tampering with something that she shouldn't have been tampering with. People who Orphen thought were his friends suddenly seem as though they are enemies, in the race to get to Azalie first. Orphen leaves the school, furious with the fact that they want to destroy his best friend. He sets out on a journey to find and save her with his apprentice, Majic, and a woman who holds one of the key items in her house, Cleo. (from statemaster.com)

useful link:
"http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia ... ber-Orphen"
"http://wapedia.mobi/en/Sorcerous_Stabber_Orphen"
For fans who have read the anime/manga, here is a description by lishyu from fanfiction.net:
The Novel [Majutsushi Orphan] by Akita Yoshinobu, illustrated by Kusaka Yuuya, started a looong time ago when the author was yet 19. (I know... young... wish I could write a novel like that now.)
It has three series to it so far.

1. The main series. [Majutsushi Orphan - a sidetracked journey ]
A dark, Dark story. Some humor, but mostly about a boy's devolution (Yes, DEvolution) from a promising young sorceror into a low-life while in a search for his lost sister. Orphan's increasingly worsening identity disorder is the main form of entertainment in this series.

2. Side quest. Tells the tale of Orphan while in Totokanta, up until a day before the start of the main series.
Of all three series, this...uh, destroys Orphan's 'cool' image the most. (You've got to feel sorry for him... I mean, the way he acts like a starving, trashed puppy madly rushing for leftovers...) Extremely funny and pointless in general.

3. Pre-Orphan. Killiranshelo's tale, before Azalea's 'funeral'. Very short and no general plot. Funny and pointless, but if you've read the first two series... and know the outcome of this happy 'family', the smile fades away. Features the ever so sweet (and cute and adorable and polite) Assasin, Killi-chan.

The writing is... great. There's no other way of putting it. Unique character development, detailed environmental description, heart-wrenching emotional breakdowns, humor almost as good as Slayers, etc, etc... not to mention the plot. You have to see this guy's writing... I mean, the battle scenes... it's breath taking. Even the chapter titles in the books are good, building up the suspence in a... creepy sort of a way.
I have purchased all 33 novels from ebay and also have the raws in Japanese. There is absolutely no English version/copyright to this novel series. And I hope it gets approved!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Majutsushi Orphen Haguretabi/Mubouhen

Post by Mystes »

Heard that somewhere...where was it...?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
jaymeeraine
Astral Realm

Post by jaymeeraine »

I'm not sure...but it's a great series, I promise! =D
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

...Oh yeah, I remember. Can you give me the name of the author to confirm it?
Kira0802

jaymeeraine
Astral Realm

Post by jaymeeraine »

Akita Yoshinobu was the author of the original novels. There was some connection between the creators of Orphen and Slayers, and there was actually a collaboration called Slayers Vs. Orphen (drama CD), where they team up or something; I'm unsure of the storyline for that one.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Oh...do you know if its licensed or not?
Kira0802

jaymeeraine
Astral Realm

Post by jaymeeraine »

The novels are not licensed in English. The Orphen vs. Slayers thing isn't available in English, but I don't know a whole lot about that one so I couldn't tell you.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Oh...the problem is that I don't think that BT usually take a 30-volumes published project. So far, I haven't seen any. We will also need a translator...
Kira0802

jaymeeraine
Astral Realm

Post by jaymeeraine »

Hmmm...well, technically it's two series - Mubouhen is a side-story of 13 novels, and Haguretabi is the main story! =D Maybe one of the translators on here would be willing to do one or the other, at least?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I will forst find a Chinese version of the LN. :mrgreen:
Kira0802

jaymeeraine
Astral Realm

Post by jaymeeraine »

<3 Will love you foreverrrr! No idea if they were ever translated into any other language, but here's hoping!
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

kira0802 wrote:I will forst find a Chinese version of the LN. :mrgreen:
Tell me if you ever find the chinese version, I am personally rather interested (though i dont read soft copies of novels, YET). I am a Slayers fan after all, so after hearing the cross over, i have been quite interested.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

BTW, can you give me the original Japanese title, please?
Kira0802

jaymeeraine
Astral Realm

Post by jaymeeraine »

I don't know what the kanji/katakana/whatever would be =( I just know the main novel series is caled Majutsushi Orphen Haguretabi and the side series is called Majutsushi Orphne Mubouhen. In english it is horribly translated into "Sorcerous Stabber Orphen" xD

I can try to find the Japanese symbols for the title though
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

jaymeeraine wrote:I don't know what the kanji/katakana/whatever would be =( I just know the main novel series is caled Majutsushi Orphen Haguretabi and the side series is called Majutsushi Orphne Mubouhen. In english it is horribly translated into "Sorcerous Stabber Orphen" xD

I can try to find the Japanese symbols for the title though
Ok, cause it's hard to find a novel without a title. Sorry for bothering you.
Kira0802

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”