Licensed - Shingeki no Kyojin -Before the fall-

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Will you buy the English version of the novels?

Yes
91%
No
9%

Total votes: 32

Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin -Before the fall-

Post by Misogi »

Well, it may help if one of the old characters or some relatives are mentionned.

I've seen a summary somewhere, with some names. I'll search it.

For the raws, we can't post direct links here. Only by PM or any private way.

Edit : For now, I've found these names :

Angel (vol.1) / Anheru
Kyukuro (vol.2-3) / Kyklo / Cyclo (ref. to Kyklop, German word for Cyclops)
Heath Munshell
Elena Munshell

BTW, I found a recent translation of the first volume : [removed upon licensing]
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Enigma
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

Well, I have the raws of the first two novels, although I'm not fluent enough to comfortably read it. As long as I know what for and where to look in the book, I can dig out some names.

Being lazy though, here are some that I grabbed from the Japanese wiki:
Ángel Aaltonen (アンヘル・アールトネン)
Solum/Tholme Hume (ソルム・ヒューメ)
Maria Carlstedt (マリア・カールステッド)
Jorge Piquer(ホルヘ・ピケール)
Xenophon Harkimo (ゼノフォン・ハルキモ)
Corina Ilmari (コリーナ・イルマリ)
Kyklo (キュクロ)

Of course, names are subject to change depending on who does the translation, etc.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

OK that was definitely a great help!! Yeah i would like very much to start on my own translation project anyway even though some of it has already been translated!

If it's possible perhaps you can email me the links to the raws? At forever[dot]elegiac[at]hotmail[dot]com ? Thank you all so much! I'll get started asap! You were really a great help :')
Enigma
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

By have the raws, I meant physically, in book form. Funnily enough, novels adapted from video games and manga tend to not get scanned.
differentclouds
Astral Realm

Post by differentclouds »

Yeah I know. I meant Misogi because he sounded like he did? Yeah it's true. I think it's probably because they don't get that much attention and people just don't bother scanning or even buying since they're usually spin offs anyway. Alright, but I could still use your help in finding out character names and exact phrases if I can't get access to digital scans. Thanks so much!
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

I don't have the RAWs, sadly. I'll try to find them.
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
differentclouds
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Ah as expected it's really hard to translate without knowing any of the place and landmark names. So if anyone has the raw scans or the Japanese light novel in physical and maybe knows a bit of Japanese, can they like PM me so we can work together to dig up all the names? You can also contact me at my blog http://differentclouds.livejournal.com/

I may be going down to a bookstore to buy the novel later but no promises depending on the price. I think it'd be pretty expensive and it's not like I'd be able to read it properly so if anyone can help, that'd be awesome. Thanks so much.
differentclouds
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

@Enigma Um I can't really PM right now as apparently I'm too new so is it possible if we just talk here or maybe email or something. But right now I kind of want to know which pages the picture pages are on. Like is it possible for you to maybe take a photo of the page (preferably a clear one) before the picture page and send it to me or...?

I don't have any RAWs with me at the moment and the page placement in the Chinese transcription online is really inconsistent so I'd appreciate if you could this for me. Thanks so much!! I'm almost done with the prologue and I have translated the synopsis. Thank you once again
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

differentclouds wrote:@Enigma Um I can't really PM right now as apparently I'm too new so is it possible if we just talk here or maybe email or something. But right now I kind of want to know which pages the picture pages are on. Like is it possible for you to maybe take a photo of the page (preferably a clear one) before the picture page and send it to me or...?

I don't have any RAWs with me at the moment and the page placement in the Chinese transcription online is really inconsistent so I'd appreciate if you could this for me. Thanks so much!! I'm almost done with the prologue and I have translated the synopsis. Thank you once again
To become a normal user(who is able to pm) you need 5 posts and to get them quickly, I would advise you to go here and introduce yourself.
differentclouds
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Hello everyone, I've kept to my word, and here's the Prologue to before the fall as promised.

I don't think I'm allowed to spam this thread with updates (am I?) but this is just a heads up to where I'll be posting my translations.

Here it is --> [removed upon licensing]

Thank you all for being a great help :)
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

If it's done in moderation, then go ahead.

I may translate it in French (I need to slim my pile of work before), so I'd like to ask for your permission beforehand.
----
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Does this project have a supervisor? Someone should probably create a project page for this on the wiki, where we can host differentcloud's translations(with his permission ofcourse).
differentclouds
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

@Rohan: Um...I'm actually a girl haha. Sorry for asking, but what's a supervisor for? I'm not familiar with the standard procedures here sorry >< but you have my permission to host it here :)

@Misogi: Yup, no problem. Just go ahead and translate whenever you like.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

differentclouds wrote:@Rohan: Um...I'm actually a girl haha. Sorry for asking, but what's a supervisor for? I'm not familiar with the standard procedures here sorry >< but you have my permission to host it here :)

@Misogi: Yup, no problem. Just go ahead and translate whenever you like.

Sorry for mistaking your gender :/.
Anyways, a project supervisor is one who supervises the project on the wiki and makes sure that the work is flowing smoothly, (s)he oversees the translators and editors working on the project and ascertains that nothing goes wrong, much like a supervisor in real life. For more info, read this, info about supervisor and administrator is mentioned in the 6th point, as well as the general project page guidelines. Other important guidelines are on that page as well.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Generally, unspecified supervisor will default to Oni as the supervisor. But generally, most projects move fine without a supervisor.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”