Official "I got flagged as a spambot" thread

Have a question? Not sure what you're doing? How to start a project? Why isn't the android app working? Preferably use Discord or wiki's admin talk, but you can ask it here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
This is a pruned topic. If nobody responds to your post before it is pruned, please post again.
chancs
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Official "I got flagged as a spambot" thread

Post by chancs »

cloud wrote: Rolling list of unbans that need to be made:
  • Could the next moderator please un-ban username: "ECS05NORWAY" (on forum)
  • Could the next moderator please un-ban username: "Hu_nk" (on forum)
ECS05NORWAY un-banned.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

I was browsing the forum for awhile, I never made an account before. I tried making one and it says that my IP is blacklisted.
An entry on the blacklist may have several reasons:
1. You are a well-known spammer.
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.
Any help?
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

This is a bug that we know, TLG will correct that asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Guest wrote:I was browsing the forum for awhile, I never made an account before. I tried making one and it says that my IP is blacklisted.
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.
Any help?
Try again after a couple a hours and it may work that time.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

Could the next moderator please un-ban username: "thelastguardian" (on forum)

He got banned by his own system :lol:
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Lery wrote:Could the next moderator please un-ban username: "thelastguardian" (on forum)

He got banned by his own system :lol:
It appears our anti-spam system has a little too much enthusiasm. -.-
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Big Boss is unbanned.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

That was my April fools of the day ;)
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
ecs05norway
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ecs05norway »

Logged in successfully. Thanks!
Vaisravana
Astral Realm

Post by Vaisravana »

Your IP 180.214.232.70 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.stopforu....mspam.com/api?ip=180.214.232.70.
Your IP 180.214.232.70 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.blocklist.de/en/view.html?ip=180.214.232.70.
i have tried many free proxies with no luck, please help, almost gave up here.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

You can either use a VPN, or wait until the banning list may get refreshed (it causes too much false positive cases).

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Forwarding this along with the response I gave:
Hemera wrote:Hi Admin,
I have tried assessing the forums and it seems that no matter where I tried to register from, this error pops up.
Your IP or your username Hemera or your e-mail address <email-redacted>@hotmail.com has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.stopforumspam.com/api?ip=&us ... otmail.com. An entry on the blacklist may have several reasons: 1. You are a well-known spammer. 2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen. 3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.
I have already tried with different usernames and emails. Removed my IP address for privacy.
This is the only way I know how to contact you guys...
Kindly assist, I have a translation trying to get it edited.. Possible to reply to the email below?
Best Regards, Hemera <email-redacted>@hotmail.com
cloudii wrote:Dear Hemera,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, our anti-spam system is overly enthusiastic and tends to block many users from registration.

I've checked for your username, but you are not listed on any block lists.

Most likely, our anti-spam system is auto-blocking your IP address. If you have a dynamic IP address, chances are you will eventually get through if you try registering in a few days.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we can't do anything about the anti-spam system at the moment. We are looking for alternatives, and hopefully we'll come up with a solution soon.

May I ask what novel you are translating? You should be able to post as a "Guest" on the forums, still.

Best regards,
cloud
Last edited by denormative on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Redacted email address. Poor hotmail users don't need any more spam then they currently get. :(
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

It wouldn't surprise me if it simply wasn't letting users register with hotmail.com addresses. Quite a lot of sites ban hotmail accounts from registering due to how slack their "prove it's a human" process has been over the years. Then again, the stopforumspam system does look a little more intelligent than that.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

only one hotmail account is allowed.

The Big Boss.

Everyone else is banned.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Mumiah01
Astral Realm

Post by Mumiah01 »

i had some problems with my PW, since i couldn't log in anymore i tryed it a "few" times and now would require a captcha....

i got a new pw from the restore function and tryed log in again, but no matter what i cant solve the captcha...

is there some kind of trick to it or some something you need to keep in mind when puting it in?

Return to “General Help”