New Baka-Tsuki Android App: Development

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

erde
Astral Realm

Re: New Baka-Tsuki Android App: Development

Post by erde »

Hello! i wanted to ask if the images could be stored in directories with easy names. I explain myself if i have for example the No Game No Life series downloaded and want to extract an image i can easily go to the image directory but the images are stored in random directories with names like 1, 2, 3,4,5 and every image is for example 0f or 3d and in directories 1,2,3,4,5 are images from oda nobuna, mahouka, dxd ,NGNL.....

Could images be stored in a directory for each book series like this? images-->No Game No Life(name of series)-->Volume1 - It seems gamer Siblings Will Conquer a Fantasy World(name of volume)-->Cover(name of image)

i will upload some images later to show better what i mean

Btw i love the app thank you very much for the hard work.
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

The app seems to not show any original works. Is it a problem in the app, or just my bad setting?

EDIT: Sorry, already solved it, it was a problem on my side.
acolyte
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

soo I accidentally deleted a chapter while I meant to delete the cached data. anyone know how to retrieve it back?
Trollhand
Astral Realm

Post by Trollhand »

Hi.

A few weeks ago I've encounters an issue with the app.

Say I have to stop reading the chaprer afrer reaching the line A. I minimise the app with the 'Home' button or lock the phone's screen. When I want to continue reading, I start the app, click 'Resume novel' (well usually ir resumes automatically). The problem starts here: at the top of the screen a progress bar appears. The loading process halts at some point for a random period of time (from 5 seconds to almost a minute). During this time the text isn't scrolled back to the line A, but remains at the beginning of the chapter. I can scroll down manually, though. When the progress bar disappears, the text is scrolled back to the line A.

Phone: Sony Xperia Z1
App: 1.1.18c (latest stable release)
Motian
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Motian »

Hello,

recently, the error "Can't create unsecure trust manager" appears every time I tried to use the refresh button. I have encountered this error previously and it was consequentially resolved by unchecking the HTTPS box. However, this time it appears that is not the issue. I would greatly appreciate any insight from a more experienced individual.

Thank you.
I'm not slow, just lazy. which may seem like slowness, but is actually different conceptually.
IchsanWin32
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by IchsanWin32 »

Just download the latest version of baka reader ex...
But it keep not responding when trying to open the novel chapter....
I am using android KitKat
UmaiCake
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by UmaiCake »

IchsanWin32 wrote:Just download the latest version of baka reader ex...
But it keep not responding when trying to open the novel chapter....
I am using android KitKat
I'm having the same issue, also in KitKat. It seems to occur when returning to an opened novel page, either from home screen, lock screen, the image viewer, etc

I went back to 1.1.18c and it doesn't have this issue, so it seems to be introduced in 1.1.19
Searox
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Searox »

Been using Bakareader EX for sometimes, I found some small issues like
1. External links when updating will always say there is a new update
2. Preview Chapters are unable to be looked at inside Bakareader
3. 1.1.19 has made it so when you close your phone while reading, Bakareader stop responding and then show a blank black screen, forcing you to reopen your phone and force stopping.
AcOo
Mikuru's Master

Post by AcOo »

Searox wrote:Been using Bakareader EX for sometimes, I found some small issues like
1. External links when updating will always say there is a new update
2. Preview Chapters are unable to be looked at inside Bakareader
3. 1.1.19 has made it so when you close your phone while reading, Bakareader stop responding and then show a blank black screen, forcing you to reopen your phone and force stopping.
Same here for the third issue with Android KitKat. It's also impossible to open an image unless I want my reader to crash when I touch "Return to the chapter". Hopefully they'll fix it soon.
By the way, how can I go back to the previous version (1.1.18c)? Is it even possible to retrograde the version?
UmaiCake
Reader

Post by UmaiCake »

AcOo wrote: By the way, how can I go back to the previous version (1.1.18c)? Is it even possible to retrograde the version?
The 1.1.18c apk was posted earlier in this thread.
Uninstall the current version of BakaReader (and backup novel DB if you want to keep them) and install the previous version...also turn off auto-update in the play store.
AcOo
Mikuru's Master

Post by AcOo »

UmaiCake wrote:
The 1.1.18c apk was posted earlier in this thread.
Uninstall the current version of BakaReader (and backup novel DB if you want to keep them) and install the previous version...also turn off auto-update in the play store.
Thanks, it works fine now!
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Change log for 1.1.20-beta
- Fix issue #162: update relink image task to cater encoded/decoded image filename
- Add feature to choose custom color from settings.
- Fix issue #160 & #163: Update Text-To-Speech Service binding.
- Add option to enable Text-To-Speech Service (default is disabled).
- Fix issue #156: handle deleted chapter in bookmark.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v1oxv ... e_play.apk
Previous versions; https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ebfw4a9lzw53q/lnreader
Source Code: https://github.com/calvinaquino/LNReader-Android

Donation link on my blog: https://nandaka.wordpress.com
Visit my blog for other applications.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

erde wrote:Hello! i wanted to ask if the images could be stored in directories with easy names. I explain myself if i have for example the No Game No Life series downloaded and want to extract an image i can easily go to the image directory but the images are stored in random directories with names like 1, 2, 3,4,5 and every image is for example 0f or 3d and in directories 1,2,3,4,5 are images from oda nobuna, mahouka, dxd ,NGNL.....

Could images be stored in a directory for each book series like this? images-->No Game No Life(name of series)-->Volume1 - It seems gamer Siblings Will Conquer a Fantasy World(name of volume)-->Cover(name of image)

i will upload some images later to show better what i mean

Btw i love the app thank you very much for the hard work.
No, the folder structures is generated based on the wiki image formatting due to technical reasons.
acolyte wrote:soo I accidentally deleted a chapter while I meant to delete the cached data. anyone know how to retrieve it back?
If the chapter is not deleted on the server, just Refresh the novel details. If not, you can restore it from backup.
Trollhand wrote:A few weeks ago I've encounters an issue with the app.
IchsanWin32 wrote:Just download the latest version of baka reader ex...
UmaiCake wrote:I'm having the same issue, also in KitKat.
Can you try 1.1.20-beta1?
Motian wrote:recently, the error "Can't create unsecure trust manager" appears every time I tried to use the refresh button. I have encountered this error previously and it was consequentially resolved by unchecking the HTTPS box. However, this time it appears that is not the issue. I would greatly appreciate any insight from a more experienced individual.
Possible to get the ADB Log file and post an issue to GitHub?
Searox wrote:1. External links when updating will always say there is a new update
I can only detect changes based on Last-Modified header from the external site.
Searox wrote:2. Preview Chapters are unable to be looked at inside Bakareader
Can you provide a sample? If not added in the chapter listing or they use different structure, then it is not possible.

Anyway, I'm doing one man show most of the time, sorry if my response time is not very quick :P
Visit my blog for other applications.
platewolf
Astral Realm

Post by platewolf »

1.1.19 on android 4.1.2 crashes when I try to change the Orientation Lock to horizontal or vertical. I had it like that before the update to 1.1.19 (and haven't used it in a while) so when I tried to read anything in fixed horizontal it would crash, I re-installed it and it works fine when Orientation lock is set to free, but If I try to change it, it crashes.
seint
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by seint »

nandaka
i got problems when try auto update with the missing novel like anti magic academy
so do i need too delete the novel to make it works correctly again?

Return to “Developers and Code”