Official "I got flagged as a spambot" thread

Have a question? Not sure what you're doing? How to start a project? Why isn't the android app working? Preferably use Discord or wiki's admin talk, but you can ask it here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
This is a pruned topic. If nobody responds to your post before it is pruned, please post again.
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Error of - Edit account settings?

Post by Lery »

One of our French member, knives, also encounters a similar problem when trying to change password.

But it's saying that the "@orange.fr" addresses are blacklisted, which seems pretty surprising since it's one of the biggest French provider...

I guess we should try to awaken our dear TLG, or maybe Oni you can do something about that, since it's forum-related ?
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Devenk83
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Official "I got flagged as a spambot" thread

Post by Devenk83 »

There are a lot of people who also encounter this issue. I'm sorry for them, but I deleted all of their posts as having 30 times "My account is blocked too" is too much...

I sent a mail to Oni signaling this problem, and I'm not the only one. Let's hope he acts fast.

Edit : I also merged the "Error of - Edit account settings?" topic in it.
Ancien traducteur amateur EN/FR / Ex-Amateur EN/FR Translator
Astral Realm

Re: Error of - Edit account settings?

Post by Guest »

Spoiler! :
nyuuu wrote:Idk where to post this as i feel troubled. I never encounter this kind of errors when changing password.
The e-mail domain *---*.com you have used for your e-mail address has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.ahbl.org/lktool?lookup=*---*.com.
An entry on the blacklist may have several reasons:
1. You are a well-known spammer.
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.
Note that *---* is the e-mail domain.

And from that ahbl link i found this link: http://www.ahbl.org/content/last-notice ... es-jan-1st
Which contains:
Last Notice: Wildcarding of Services Jan 1st
As promised in April, on Jan 1st, 2015, i'll be wildcarding all zones no longer in operation - this includes rhsbl.ahbl.org, dnsbl.ahbl.org, and ircbl.ahbl.org. This means that these services will return positive responses for any queries.

If you are still using these services, this may cause you to incorrectly tag e-mail as spam, or create other unintended consequences. Fix and maintain your servers, now. Do not contact us about 'removing' your domain or IP address from our lists, as there is nothing we can do for you.

The query load is still high enough that I can not justify allocating the resources necessary to support queries from people who refuse to properly maintain their mail servers.

For those who are using the old 'tor.ahbl.org' list - you've been using a DNSbl list which has been shut down for around FOUR YEARS. You should be checking to verify that the lists you use are still working or not. I removed the test entry of '2.0.0.127.tor.ahbl.org' years ago, which your monitoring systems should have noticed and warned you about.
The fact that I know is:
1. I'm not spammer as I rarely online.
2. Impossible. My email address or username was secured.
3. Impossible as I'm using proxy.

Edit:
More additional info:
For point 2 and 3 is resulting the same result whether I'm using proxy or not.
Without-> ISP: PT Telkom Indonesia
With-> ISP: FDCservers.net

For *--* or e-mail domain, I've tried using google,yahoo and private enterprise email which resulting the same error.
I have the same problem. And also I'm not spammer. I tried changing my password like @Lighthalzen(with https) but it doesn't work. My username: dylan.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

metazoxan

When I log in it says I need a new password but says this whenever I try
The e-mail domain gmail.com you have used for your e-mail address has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.ahbl.org/lktool?lookup=gmail.com.
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.
But even if I try to make a new account it says my IP is banned?!? Seriously I just wanted to post to ask if a couple volumes on the site would have PDF versions anytime soon.
GabrielMR
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel: Readed light novels (Updated 14/12/17):

Absolute Duo (5 vol)
Seirei Tsukai No Blade Dance (16 vol)
Kikou Shoujo Wa Kizutsukanai (4 vol, translating to BR volume 2)
Zero No Tsukaima (20 vol)
Sword Art Online (17 vol)
Sword Art Online: Progressive (4 vol)
Log Horizon (4 Vol + 6 and 7)
Toradora! (7 vol)
Fate / Zero (Completed!)
Accel World (2 vol)
Silver Cross & Draculea (4 vol)
Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei (1 vol)
Seraph of the End - Ichinose Guren (6 vol)
Rakuin no Monshou (11 vol)
Location: Brazil, RS (Rio Gande Do Sul), city of Porto Alegre

Post by GabrielMR »

Hi!

On when I registered my email on the forum, I has been sucessful

Today, I'm trying to change my password for the forum, but then, keeps saying that my email is blacklisted and as I can't clear the field for the email... How can I proceed?
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
Light Novels:

Silver Cross & Draculea [4]
Seirei Tsukai No Blade Dance [16]
Unbreakable Machine Doll UMD [4]
Zero No Tsukaima [20]
Sword Art Online [17]
SAO Prog [4]
Log Horizon [4+6,7]
Toradora [7]
Fate/Zero [C]
Accel World [2]
Absolute Duo [5]

Translating BR:

UMD [2]
Notes.
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bicube »

Hey everyone, sorry it took a while but things should be OK now.

It turns out one of the server's spam blockers expired and we didn't realize it until it started blocking every e-mail domain. I've just disabled it so everyone should be able to change their passwords now. If there are still any problems, let me know by posting here. I'll try to keep an eye out on this thread for a while.
Stop spamming! Stay on topic!

>_>
shido
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Thanks you're a life saver.
GabrielMR
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel: Readed light novels (Updated 14/12/17):

Absolute Duo (5 vol)
Seirei Tsukai No Blade Dance (16 vol)
Kikou Shoujo Wa Kizutsukanai (4 vol, translating to BR volume 2)
Zero No Tsukaima (20 vol)
Sword Art Online (17 vol)
Sword Art Online: Progressive (4 vol)
Log Horizon (4 Vol + 6 and 7)
Toradora! (7 vol)
Fate / Zero (Completed!)
Accel World (2 vol)
Silver Cross & Draculea (4 vol)
Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei (1 vol)
Seraph of the End - Ichinose Guren (6 vol)
Rakuin no Monshou (11 vol)
Location: Brazil, RS (Rio Gande Do Sul), city of Porto Alegre

Post by GabrielMR »

Thank you!
Spoiler! :
Light Novels:

Silver Cross & Draculea [4]
Seirei Tsukai No Blade Dance [16]
Unbreakable Machine Doll UMD [4]
Zero No Tsukaima [20]
Sword Art Online [17]
SAO Prog [4]
Log Horizon [4+6,7]
Toradora [7]
Fate/Zero [C]
Accel World [2]
Absolute Duo [5]

Translating BR:

UMD [2]
Notes.
nyuuu
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by nyuuu »

thank you. I could change my password now :)
smartboyhw
Astral Realm

Post by smartboyhw »

I got my Wiki account (same name, smartboyhw), also flagged as a spambot. Please help.
Spoiler! :
Your username or IP address has been blocked.

The block was made by Cthaeh. The reason given is Spam/Adbot.
Start of block: 10:33, 21 February 2015
Expiry of block: infinite
Intended blockee: Smartboyhw
Please unblock me.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

smartboyhw wrote:I got my Wiki account (same name, smartboyhw), also flagged as a spambot. Please help.
Sorry about that, unblocked now. Lots of spambots these days, must have been a misclick when blocking some of them.

I see I also deleted your user page (whoops again), if there was something that'd take a lot of effort to reproduce, then the admins can undelete the page. But the admins are often slow to respond, so if it was something small it's probably easier just to create the page again.
Unfortunate scrub
Astral Realm

Post by Unfortunate scrub »

I was trying to change my email to another address on my forum account, but it kept getting flagged as a spam domain (gmail.com).

Tested a nonexistent Outlook address to see if it would work with that. Unfortunately it did and now I'm locked out of my account until I can click a verification link in an email sent to an inbox that doesn't exist, and asks me to contact a board administrator if there's any problem.

However I can't see the board administrators' email addresses since I need to be logged in to view profiles.

Which email address should I contact?
BluDrifter
Astral Realm

Post by BluDrifter »

Hello, I was flagged as a spambot for absolutely no reason, here's the message when I try to register a account:

''Your IP 82.166.20.24 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?.subm ... .166.20.24.
Your IP 82.166.20.24 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=82.166.20.24.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.''
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

BluDrifter wrote:Hello, I was flagged as a spambot for absolutely no reason, here's the message when I try to register a account:
Could you try once more, and try again immediately if it fails. I occasionally get messages that look like that, but they typically go away if I try a second time.

If trying again doesn't work, something you can do is try using a proxy or just go from a different IP address; I'd have to look into whether or not anything can be done on BT's end. But I'm guessing/hoping it was the temporary problem that appears now and then, and that it'll work if you try again.
BluDrifter
Astral Realm

Post by BluDrifter »

Cthaeh wrote:
BluDrifter wrote:Hello, I was flagged as a spambot for absolutely no reason, here's the message when I try to register a account:
Could you try once more, and try again immediately if it fails. I occasionally get messages that look like that, but they typically go away if I try a second time.

If trying again doesn't work, something you can do is try using a proxy or just go from a different IP address; I'd have to look into whether or not anything can be done on BT's end. But I'm guessing/hoping it was the temporary problem that appears now and then, and that it'll work if you try again.
Tried that and....
''Your IP 82.166.20.41 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?.subm ... .166.20.41.
Your IP 82.166.20.41 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamcannibal.org/cannibal.cg ... .166.20.41.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.'' I have no idea why this is happening, been trying to use my gmail account and it didn't work, then tried using my walla account (a Israeli mail service) but nothing seems to work... Sorry for troubling you with my problems it's jsut that i'd really like to have access to the forum if it weren't for that I would of given up a long time ago...

Return to “General Help”