Volume One Complete: PDF Version [Download]

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

molitar
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by molitar »

New link hosted by ThePaper for all of you of the new revised pdf.

Features:
1. Title Page
2. Table of Contents
3. Links to chapters from Table of Contents
4. PDF Bookmarks
5. Hyperlinks directly link to the translator notes section now
6. Page numbers are now in a correct format
7. Blank pages were added so images show across from their referenced
text or image

You may download the new revised revision gone
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link.
molitar
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by molitar »

No problem Onizuka-GTO :) I think I did a really great job on this release since I don't have a copy of the original novel layout. But with what I had to work with I'm very proud of this release and I most likely will visit a printer and have it professional printed out for my own use.

I also forgot to mention I cleaned up the graphics a bit with a little de-moiring on the really bad image for the Prologue flap, as well as a bit of recoloring to make it more correct to the color of her outfit. I cleaned up the white spaces on the other images and brightened up the other images just a bit. They really do look alot cleaner now.
Final Fantasist
Astral Realm

Post by Final Fantasist »

7. Blank pages were added so images show across from their referenced
text or image
Don't know what do you mean by this. I say toug some black pages, before th images and in between chapters. When chapter 2 ends, for example, there's a blank page between that page and the beggining of page 3.

My question is why did you put those blank pages, what's their job?
molitar
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by molitar »

Final Fantasist

My question is why did you put those blank pages, what's their job?
They are filler pages just like in a novel. So if you are one of them that wish to print it out with a duplex printer the images are on opposite pages so they are not back to back.

I arranged the single images on the page across from the referenced text and the two page images next to each other. This way if you print them out or take them to a printer to be printed you would do it just like a printer would.

Print each section seperately so the first pages have no page numbers but they are sections with A, B, C followed by the appendix section i, ii, iii than comes the actual book section pages 1, 2, 3 ect... You would print each section seperately and the book images should drop into the proper areas since I used an actual novel for page references to determine if the images and pages fell on the correct pages.

Code: Select all

I think I may add the feature like I did on volume 2 where after you click a reference link you will find at the bottom of the reference just to the right a link back to the page you was reading.  Makes reading references easier since you don't have to go searching for the page you was at when you clicked it.
jonsoh
Astral Realm

Post by jonsoh »

First of all, I had to register just to post, because I want to commend you on your excellent work. The amount of effort that you put into this is amazing, and it seems very high quality in my opinion.

There is one suggestion for improvement however. I'm not saying that it's your fault or you forgot or something, but I believe that starting from the first spread, the numbering is left-page-even, right-page-odd. The rest of the spread pictures seem to start on an odd page and end on an even page, making them uh...not spread across a centerfold...

Honestly, though...that's the only thing I can find to complain about. Everything else is absolutely awesome. (If it turns out I'm wrong, I'm probably just delirious or something)
molitar
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by molitar »

jonsoh, Your correct and thanks for bringing that to my attention. When I add the extra return links to the reference section (aka translators notes) I will correct that. Seems adobe starts first page on the right and not the left so that throws the table of contents page on the wrong side. Glad you caught that and thanks for the input :)
molitar
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by molitar »

Ok the new fixed version is available for download. I corrected the odd page being located on the right hand page since I didn't realize Adobe started the title page on that side also it messed up the page number location.

Secondly I have added return links to the translators reference notes section for easier reading.

You may download it from megaupload... gone
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

The pdf looks really nice, thanks molitar :D
renrutal
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renrutal »

>_<

Megaupload is evil in so many ways... They reduce the number of download slots per country, then ask you to install a spyware-ridden bar to get over it. *ugh*
molitar
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by molitar »

renrutal wrote:>_<

Megaupload is evil in so many ways... They reduce the number of download slots per country, then ask you to install a spyware-ridden bar to get over it. *ugh*
You should get volumes 1-3 here now...

And yes their is a rapidshare one there too.
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

yay. molitar is still here.

promotion! promotion! :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
molitar
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by molitar »

onizuka-gto wrote:yay. molitar is still here.

promotion! promotion! :)
Thanks for the promotion :D

If anybody sees any mistakes in my pdf release let me know and I'll get it fixed.. Enjoy :wink:
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

shame your not registered on the wiki. but if you do, please drop me a message so i can level up your access to editor status. :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”