Haruhi Theater act.1 - Problems

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

an Engrish speaker
Astral Realm

Haruhi Theater act.1 - Problems

Post by an Engrish speaker »

An anonymous user (67.169.4.186) added some paragraphs to Haruhi Theater.

When I read it, I thought the sentences were translated well, but later I found almost all the added part was the same as that of Strato's version.
anonymous user :
"Ah~"

Asahina-san noticed me looking at her and her previously look of disorientation was replaced by a gentle smile. She shyly spread her arms out. But it wasn't body language for "You can come sweep me into your arms."

"Does this look good on me?"

That goes without saying. If any piece of clothing were to look bad on Asahina-san, it would the clothing's fault, never the model's fault. Such an article of clothing can be used as fuel for the fire on a cold night in a mountain cabin.

"You look exactly like a mage. Nobody could mistake you for anything else."

I was feeling that I should keep my words of praise simple, so I conveyed my flood of emotions in two sentences. I know my message got through. Asahina-san's smile grew wider.

"You also look quite good in yours, Kyon-kun."

"Why, thank you," I said as a smile formed on my face. Though I was rather torn about whether I should actually be happy about the compliment. There's nothing fun about looking good when dressed up in some costume I have no interest in. As I struggled for a way to settle this matter, King of Diamonds, probably tired of debating with Haruhi, spoke.
Strato's version:(just a quote doesn't violate Strato's rights, does it?)
"Ah."

Asahina-san noticed me looking at her and her previously look of disorientation was replaced by a gentle smile. She shyly spread her arms out. But it wasn't body language for "You can come sweep me into your arms."

"Does this look good on me?"

That goes without saying. If any article of clothing were to look bad on Asahina-san, it would the clothing's fault, never the model's fault. Such an article of clothing can be used as fuel for the fire on a cold night in a mountain cabin.

"You look exactly like a mage. Nobody could mistake you for anything else."

I was feeling that I should keep my words of praise simple, and so, I conveyed my flood of emotions in two sentences. I know my message got through. Asahina-san's smile grew wider.

"You also look quite good in yours, Kyon-kun."

"Why thank you," I said as a smile grew on my face. Though I was rather torn about whether I should actually be happy about the compliment. There's nothing fun about looking good when dressed up in some costume I have no interest in. As I struggled for a way to settle this matter, Mr. King of Diamonds, probably tired of verbally sparring with Haruhi, spoke.
In this case what should I do? rollback to the previous?
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

I guess so. It's clearly stated that replacing entire translations is a no-no, so feel free to rollback to your previous one :D
/me claws out throat and dies
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

the anonymous user is taking someone else translation, and either intentionally or unintentionally is inpersonating the hard worker of stratos version.

Even then like HolyCow mention we do not allow huge amount of text to be donated by user who have not registered and is not a registered translator.

Please roll back the edit Engrish speaker, and continue with your own version. thank you.

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

That kinda scared me....... i'm the guy with the 202 IP btw, didn't bother to log in :p
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

magus wrote:That kinda scared me....... i'm the guy with the 202 IP btw, didn't bother to log in :p
if that was you, please don't do that again.

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by the_naming_game »

an Engrish speaker wrote:An anonymous user (67.169.4.186) added some paragraphs to Haruhi Theater.
magus wrote:That kinda scared me....... i'm the guy with the 202 IP btw, didn't bother to log in :p
I was going to do some spiel about being fluent in both Magus-ese and British, and doing a translation complete with snide comments about tea and crumpets, but ... anyway, be thankful I didn't.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

the_naming_game wrote:
an Engrish speaker wrote:An anonymous user (67.169.4.186) added some paragraphs to Haruhi Theater.
I was going to do some spiel about being fluent in both Magus-ese and British, and doing a translation complete with snide comments about tea and crumpets, but ... anyway, be thankful I didn't.

i posted that comment just after lunch, and in my defence i was still groggy from the food-sleepiness.

:roll:

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”