Promise(Yakusoku) of Haruhi Suzumiya PSP project

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Promise(Yakusoku) of Haruhi Suzumiya PSP project

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

I am TUNA From SOS-Dan.com
Translation project for this game....
it has been discussed and I am now sure that this project can be done....

Basic overview of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku, which is Promise of Suzumiya Haruhi (This is a offical PSP game of Haruhi)
Suzumiya Haruhi’s first game, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku (The Promise of Haruhi Suzumiya) as, “The Kitakousai festival was coming up at school, but the members of SOS were running around making the movie out of Haruhi’s idea. What happened at this busy time of the members? Taking place in the back stage that wasn’t shown in the anime, players are able to enjoy the original story of the game. The secret that leads to the TV anime is now revealed!!”

The PSP game is an interactive novel with spot animations and voice acting that's provided by the actors from the animated series. Players take on the role of Kyon and engage in various interactions with the main cast members and read the conversations that ensue. Although the story in Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku is based on the "The Sighs of Suzumiya Haruhi," the scenarios and overall material are new and written exclusively for the game. Multiple endings are also possible depending on the actions that one takes over the course of the game. In addition to the interactive experience, a number of mini-games are also playable at certain junctures including a simple beach volleyball diversion. Bandai touts a new "Motion Portrait" technology that's used in the game where lifelike facial expressions are imbued on the characters so that they appear to be "living" renditions of the heroines we've grown to adore.

...you can import them from play asia or some other place that will import em..
now that overview is done, some of the qoutes from our fourm

a guy from our fourms has done a first three sentence hacks into the game and did some basic translation....
'By the way, here's some screens of what I've done. Not the most impressive thing in the world, but more or less proof of concept and all that.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9615/snap005or9.jpg
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9702/snap006zu8.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/202/snap007wx3.jpg
and he also said this...
I've done my own poking around of the innards of the game, and it's definately translatable with very little effort. There is a directory called \PSP_GAME\USRDIR\data\script in which there are exactly 640 files with an extension of .DAT. These are lightly encrypted files with about 90% Japanese text. This is all of the messagebox text in the game. It's directly editable with a hex editor, but you have to take extra care to make sure you don't make the file bigger than it actually is, or it will crash your PSP, as I found out earlier.

I used Google translate to get a gist of the first three sentences after starting a new game, and plugged in my interpretation into the files. It worked great, with one glaring exception: The font, while completely readable and nearly perfect without any corruption, is slightly too wide, therefore warranting a font hack/replacement.

tl;dr: It's not TOO hard to hack this, but it would require at least one seasoned Yuki and a few translators willing to put in the time to translate a novel (or two) worth of text.
yup...it is totally possilbe and if it's done it would make life much easier for people like me who own the game in japanese.

So maybe It can get started in Baka-Tsuki? because i've heard of Rumors of people starting their own project but they are all rubbish. Start the offical english fan translation :D.

P.S I don't know why but my sig came out huge....if anyone complains i will fix it. And i will enjoy this fourm
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Aren't there scenes with voiceovers and no text, though? How do you plan to translate that?
TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

hmm that is interesting issue, maybe they can be subtitled
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/1697/snap011ij3.jpg

and i didn't do this...i don't have enough intelligence

this would be a suidcide if you are going to do it alone, and will take too long.

considering how popular Haruhi Fanchise is there is a high chance that lots of people will help with the project.

if we have the Japanese texts for the whole game then Team of translators can translate them...after translation elite team of Haxors will make the sync with the game.

8)
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Why not PC dammit...
GDsMDDLFNGR
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GDsMDDLFNGR »

Thanks for posting this, I've never heard of an offical SHnY game :D and now I see there's also a PS2 game coming up...

Ordered the premium box for the heck of it :lol:
TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

issue with ps2 game is you need a Japanese PS2....
...wait...can't psp emulate ps2 games?
Also i got the psp game and finished it...game is long! but even if you don't know japanese you'll enjoy it.
Itsuki Koizumi
Astral Realm

Post by Itsuki Koizumi »

i have already played this game it is ture interesting`but it is too hard to get the best ending ```

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”