A Kyon x Haruhi Pair up will never happen.

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Re: A Kyon x Haruhi Pair up will never happen.

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

Hurray for Koizumi me 2... So let us consider options of where HarhixKyon is not the case.
-HaruhixKoizumi --> Although this could be sweet, but I really can't see this happening, Koizumi and Haruhi's personalites just doesn't seem to come together.
-HaruhixComputerClub president--> hahaha I laugh at myself for thinking this, but who knows? maybe he has a crush on his neighbour.
-HaruhixOkabe Sensei--> Dark side of Okabe is revealed...lol....
-KyonxYuki--> next highly likely after HaruhixKyon option..Although my guess is that something tragic will happen to Yuki and Kyon and Haruhi will go and rescue her.
-KyonxTsuruya--> They seemed to be slowly getting closer together as story progresses.. possible...
-KyonxMikuru--> bah not likely, apparently Asahia(big) already confirmed that this wont happen. But as Yuki says..future can change.
-KyonxKimidori--> Much about Kimidori is still unknown...Really can't make a guess.
-KyonxAsakura--> I thought this possibility before she tried to kill Kyon...
-KyonxSasaki--> Would Kyon choose Sasaki over Haruhi? This is possible.
-Haruhix??? or Kyonx???--> there is still room for new characters appearing.

Considering these options it's either KyonxYuki or KyonxHaruhi....
Now let's consider pairings that doesn't involve Kyon and Haruhi
-KoizumixMikuru --> It's Haruhi's movie coming to life... midly Possilbe
-KoizumixYuki--> This might be possilbe too, they seemed to be two most informed individuals in SOS dan
-TaniguchixYuki--> He does have crush on Yuki, maybe...maybe...
-Computer Club PresidentxYuki-->This is more possible then TaniguchixYuki, who knows what Yuki does when she goes nextdoors and 'help' the computer club?
-SasakixKoizumi --> Kyon suggested this, they seem very alike...but Koizumi denis this.
Hahaha these possibilites are fun to write :D
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

You missed KoizumixTsuruya... I like that one.
TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

oh yes... that too..
I think Tsuruya is actually godly in Koizumi's 'organization'
Koizumi is probably like slave compared to Tsuruya, Koizumi probably admires her alot. That's why Koizumi said to Kyon in Valentines day story he doesn't appreciate Kyon involivng Tsuruya-san... That's being protective.

I also missed
Okabe Sensei x Every Female characters....
(Come on, can't you all take a joke? lol lol )
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Or maybe he's just joking around to make Kyon, who's a homophobe, feel uncomfortable.
I don't get a "homophobe" vibe from Kyon; he's Japanese, he can't AFFORD to be. He just likes vergina, and Koizumi is a bit of an ass regardless of his sexuality.

Besides, the SOS-Dan is a collection of anime stereotypes and staples. Koizumi NEEDS to be gay, unless Haruhi's very, very vaguely implied pansexuality is supposed to suffice, which'd suck.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Or maybe he's just joking around to make Kyon, who's a homophobe, feel uncomfortable.
I don't get a "homophobe" vibe from Kyon; he's Japanese, he can't AFFORD to be. He just likes vergina, and Koizumi is a bit of an Kunikida regardless of his sexuality.

Besides, the SOS-Dan is a collection of anime stereotypes and staples. Koizumi NEEDS to be gay, unless Haruhi's very, very vaguely implied pansexuality is supposed to suffice, which'd suck.
I don't exactly see why he NEEDS to be gay...

And you need to read Charmed at First Sight LOVER again... Kyon's reactions to Nakagawa's perceived advances prove his homophobia. Besides, most guys are homophobes anyway.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote: I don't get a "homophobe" vibe from Kyon; he's Japanese, he can't AFFORD to be. He just likes vergina, and Koizumi is a bit of an Kunikida regardless of his sexuality.

And you need to read Charmed at First Sight LOVER again... Kyon's reactions to Nakagawa's perceived advances prove his homophobia. Besides, most guys are homophobes anyway.
we are?

as long as a bloke don't try to rape me and stick me up my backdoor, im fine. well besides the groping. it makes you sympathize with those poor Japanese women on with those sexual harassments, nothing puts you into prospect when you experience it yourself. :|
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

onizuka-gto wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote:

we are?

as long as a bloke don't try to rape me and stick me up my backdoor, im fine. well besides the groping. it makes you sympathize with those poor Japanese women on with those sexual harassments, nothing puts you into prospect when you experience it yourself. :|
Correction: most guys that I've met are homophobes. Also, I love British euphemisms. Backdoor... heh.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:I don't get a "homophobe" vibe from Kyon; he's Japanese, he can't AFFORD to be. He just likes vergina, and Koizumi is a bit of an Kunikida regardless of his sexuality.

The http://www.geocities.co.jp/Berkeley/350 ... story.html maybe this link will convince you...its somewhat of a stereotype in Japan.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Rectifier wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote: I don't exactly see why he NEEDS to be gay...
The http://www.geocities.co.jp/Berkeley/350 ... story.html maybe this link will convince you...its somewhat of a stereotype in Japan.
Don't forget that Koizumi himself admits that the personality he portrays outwardly isn't his real one.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, but he also says that his true personality is one that Kyon wouldn't like, so why pretend to be gay if he likes that even less?

Furthermore, Kyon's not homophobic just because he doesn't want to get freaky with another man. Over here, we call that "straight".
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Yes...Koizumi is most likely the most menacing character in the story,we know next to zero about him,he's the black sheep in the novel(though others are close too).
And if we started pairing KoizumixTachibana Kyouko is a valid option. :D
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:Yea, but he also says that his true personality is one that Kyon wouldn't like, so why pretend to be gay if he likes that even less?

Furthermore, Kyon's not homophobic just because he doesn't want to get freaky with another man. Over here, we call that "straight".
That's true but... Oh, why I am I still arguing about this?

I don't think Koizumi's gay, you do, so let's agree to disagree.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

The true words of a failure who lost the argument.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Rectifier wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote: I don't exactly see why he NEEDS to be gay...
woah, that document is pretty well researched, academic even.

Besides the odd slip of partiality, it's an interesting read.

surprised it hasn't been put up on wikipedia.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:The true words of a failure who lost the argument.
Er, no. I still don't think I'm wrong.

And I still don't see how that document proves anything. Isn't Haruhi about subverting stereotypes like that?

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”