Question about Ep 9 "Someday in the rain" and the

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

untitled... (i'm a noob here so..)

Post by shichinanatsu »

hmm.. so it really is a filler of sorts prior to a possible 2nd season.. but from a few details on said episode - mikuru's frog costume and haruhi saying something along the lines of 'looping thoughts' (lyrics from hare hare yukai when she's stripping mikuru) - i think its safe to say that we should expect a rendering of the chapter "Endless Eight" from Suzumiya Haruhi no Bousou at the least. to fill in the gaps in the animé storyline

while they're at it, i hope they also include an adaptation of "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody", since its an important event..

i can't wait to see the animé version of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya; it would most probably be the 1st episode of that possible 2nd season..
Moe_Ronn
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Moe_Ronn »

The Disappearance could go as a whole season itself
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! ......wait what was I doing again?
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

disappearance as second season..

Post by shichinanatsu »

no way.. the disappearance would most probably use some 2-3 eps, just like lone island syndrome..
Florin

Re: disappearance as second season..

Post by Florin »

shichinanatsu wrote:no way.. the disappearance would most probably use some 2-3 eps, just like lone island syndrome..
Lone Island Syndrome is just a short story (even if a long short story), but Disappearance is an entire book, which is several times more! First novel took six episodes to adapt!
There is no gravity: The Earth just sucks.
Change
Astral Realm

Post by Change »

Storys/Volumes that are almost guaranteed to have an animated version, in my opinion are:

-Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody - Already certain, given the "promo"
-Disapearance of Suzumiya Haruhi - It's a continuation of sorts from bamboo leaf rhapsody, so this one too.
-Endless 8
-Snow Mountain Sindrome
-Charmed at First Sight LOVER

and maybe

-Editor in Chief★Straight Ahead!
-Wandering Shadow

both from book 8.

Another long shot would br for the last episode of the series being the prologue of book 7, where Kyon finishes what he still had to do from Disapearance.

Anyway, just my guesses.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

i still want to know why the order was messed up
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

When an anime is based off of something else, it becomes a, "created retelling." (as said by someone I know) Because of the creative part, the people who make the anime are free to make it interesting. Changing the order around did make it interesting.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

I don't know that I really like that. I would really prefer that it was in order.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

i think the anachronic episode arrangement for SHnY was intended for those new to the series (those who haven't read the novels yet), since the climax in mind was Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu VI, last episode anachronically, 6th ep chronologically.

i watched SHnY in chronological order first, and i must admit that after ep 6, the story did lose some steam..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ryvrdrgn15
Astral Realm

Post by ryvrdrgn15 »

shichinanatsu wrote:i think the anachronic episode arrangement for SHnY was intended for those new to the series (those who haven't read the novels yet), since the climax in mind was Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu VI, last episode anachronically, 6th ep chronologically.

i watched SHnY in chronological order first, and i must admit that after ep 6, the story did lose some steam..
I agree that with the anachro order, it would appear to the normal viewer that it did build up to the climax (which actually happened in the middle of the story and not the end). I'm sure those who hadn't read the books first liked it the way it was aired and those who did read the books would probably appreciate it more in chronological order.

I guess I'm glad that I did watch it anachro before the proper order since I really hadn't read the books yet when I first saw it.
Florin

Post by Florin »

One appropriate solution would be making Vol. 1 as a separate anime (maybe OVAs or one big movie) and the rest as a sequel...
There is no gravity: The Earth just sucks.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”