Volume 10?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

Meh. Cable is overrated. You know the saying: 300 channels, and there is still nothing on.
Matt_TY
Astral Realm

Post by Matt_TY »

Besides, I saw that episode on free-to-air anyway.

The other thing with cable is that at least 50 of the 300 channels are 2-hour-time-shifted repeats of other channels.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Matt_TY wrote:Besides, I saw that episode on free-to-air anyway.
Where?
mingz
Astral Realm

Post by mingz »

is it out yet...
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

mingz wrote:is it out yet...
Spam?
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

Fushichou wrote:
mingz wrote:is it out yet...
Spam?
Actually, more like asking along the topic of the thread.

No, Volume 10 is not out yet, and we don't have a release date yet, either. My guess (as has been suggested by others) is that it will coincide with the release of the second season of the Haruhi anime, which will be April at the soonest, and then only if Clannad is split, as the remainder of the Clannad storyline will likely take more than half a year total. Since Clannad is a single storyline and Kyoto Animation has never split any of their previous Key adaptations, chances are we've got to wait until at least mid-year for Clannad to be over. which would be the first possible chance of the new Haruhi series starting. If we have to wait that long, though, I'd expect the book to be released first. If we have to wait past the next three or four months, I'll be surprised.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Actually Osaka-tan dug out some pretty interesting information that Volume 10 might be released in February this year,according to a stockholder if I remember correctly,nothing sure but It's something.
And I'd like to thank Osaka-tan too. :P
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

fiendmaw wrote:Actually Osaka-tan dug out some pretty interesting information that Volume 10 might be released in February this year,according to a stockholder if I remember correctly,nothing sure but It's something.
And I'd like to thank Osaka-tan too. :P
That would be awesome, yet ominous, as the final(?) novels of FMP and Shakugan no Shana are supposed to be released in February too...
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Well I read that it was coming out this winter...O_o
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

NEWS: Wikipedia says that the release date is January 31st.
Proto
Astral Realm

Post by Proto »

Relying on Wikipedia on this kind of things isn't a good idea unless they cite their sources, which in this case they don't. I did a check on the Japanese Wikipedia page for the Haruhi novels(which in any case should be a better source of information should it be real) and it doesn't state a release date for the 10th novel, other than the release date being undecided.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Proto wrote:Relying on Wikipedia on this kind of things isn't a good idea unless they cite their sources, which in this case they don't. I did a check on the Japanese Wikipedia page for the Haruhi novels(which in any case should be a better source of information should it be real) and it doesn't state a release date for the 10th novel, other than the release date being undecided.
Yeah, I kinda assumed that. Still, they do give the ISBN number...

Edit: Yeah... Wikipedia's wrong. Got my hopes up for nothing. Looks like some idiot saw the ad for the Haruhi postcard at the top of the Kadokawa home page and went "OMG NOVEL 10!" What a dickwad...
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

I still have hopes for February...gives me something to chew on.
TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

wait.....is volume 10 the last volume? it would be sad if it was...all the good times...they should continue it until they finish highschool.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I do not think that there is any evidence to truly indicate that, but if it ends, it ends. There is not much we can do about it.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”