Season 2--May 24th

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ore wa ecchi
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Season 2--May 24th

Post by ore wa ecchi »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:So he's looked up his sister's skirt, Yuki's skirt... he's seen up Mikuru's waitress outfit because he edited the movie...

All that's left are Tsuruya and Haruhi.

And Kimidori, but she's never around.
hahaha he saw mikuru with nothing but bra and panty when he didn't knock before
he saw haruhi of course since she changed clothes in their classroom not minding the boys at all

all thats left is tsuyura, mori and kimidori.... hahaha
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

YES!
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Nice episode, neh?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

omg i downloaded a better verison of the episode. so worth it. watched it like 3 times already. question.

could be a long time since i read the novel but a few questions about yuki

when past yuki synchronize with the present yuki why did kyon gasp when she took off her glasses?

also before kyon and mikura sleep as yuki close the door, what did she mouth again?

baka baka baka
ore wa ecchi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ore wa ecchi »

I think he gasped because he was shocked :P hahaha...
As for the mouth, yuki manipulated the data in the room so that time inside the room would not flow.
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by quigonkenny »

b0mb3r wrote:when past yuki synchronize with the present yuki why did kyon gasp when she took off her glasses?
Remember that talk of Kyon being able to "decipher Yuki's very subtle emotions"? When she took off the glasses, he recognized her not as the "past Yuki" that answered the door, but as the same Yuki he was sitting in the club room with not a few hours before (or three years from then—damned time travel...), and probably realized that she not only had known about (thanks to the synchronization) but had experienced everything that happened in the three years between, as it was happening. And that the subtle "emotional growth" he has gradually picked up from her since he first met her has really always been there, and that Yuki has been gradually diminishing her "robot aura" so that he will see a "subtle emotional growth"...

Hurts your head, don't it? ^_^
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

This is why retroactive results can be a bad thing, i.e. crazy thoughts like that.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

So, out of the five or so groups, which one had the best(in terms of both sub and video quality)?
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Nine groups now. So far, I'd say my favorite are Mazui, but I haven't watched a.f.k. yet and since I used them for season one, I'll likely end up watching their's for season two. Although Coalgirl seems to have released in HQ, that's tempting.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

quigonkenny wrote:
b0mb3r wrote:when past yuki synchronize with the present yuki why did kyon gasp when she took off her glasses?
Remember that talk of Kyon being able to "decipher Yuki's very subtle emotions"? When she took off the glasses, he recognized her not as the "past Yuki" that answered the door, but as the same Yuki he was sitting in the club room with not a few hours before (or three years from then—damned time travel...), and probably realized that she not only had known about (thanks to the synchronization) but had experienced everything that happened in the three years between, as it was happening. And that the subtle "emotional growth" he has gradually picked up from her since he first met her has really always been there, and that Yuki has been gradually diminishing her "robot aura" so that he will see a "subtle emotional growth"...

Hurts your head, don't it? ^_^
i am so confused now. i will just say that is like dr.mahattan from watchmen or something.
okay so she already has emotional feelings three years before and the exp of three years reaching that point which in turns goes to a cycle of three years after another in a loop hole that 3 X infinite? argg
Dan wrote:Nine groups now. So far, I'd say my favorite are Mazui, but I haven't watched a.f.k. yet and since I used them for season one, I'll likely end up watching their's for season two. Although Coalgirl seems to have released in HQ, that's tempting.
actually the first time i ever watch haruhi show was the one sub by afk too. and then watching the better quality one which i later download was afk too (that time i didn't know so i check back with a huge smile knowing it now)

baka baka baka
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

b0mb3r wrote:i am so confused now. i will just say that is like dr.mahattan from watchmen or something.
okay so she already has emotional feelings three years before and the exp of three years reaching that point which in turns goes to a cycle of three years after another in a loop hole that 3 X infinite? argg
No, it's not infinite anything. Her experience doesn't change at all in the next three years, because nothing changes in her experiences. She experiences the same things over the next three years that she would have experienced without synchronizing, and does nothing different because she knows she did nothing different. It's like saving the exact same file, with the exact same name, into the exact same folder on your hard drive. Nothing changes. She doesn't feel any older (that comes later). Only, as with the star-shaped mole, her knowledge of what would happen was never originally experienced by her, but instead was downloaded back to her from three years hence, since she never didn't synchronize. Any appearance of growing more human, at least up to the point of the SOS Dan's first Tanabata, is done for the benefit of observers who are expecting her to grow more human (ie: Kyon). That was the point of Yuki taking off her glasses. To show Kyon that she's the exact same Yuki that he had been sitting in the clubroom with not a few hours before (by his POV).
ore wa ecchi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ore wa ecchi »

OMG! Time travel is so confusing. MY head hurts just from reading your posts. hahaha :shock:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hmm in the books he didnt gasp, or at least not as far as I could read /found it...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ore wa ecchi
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ore wa ecchi »

in the novel it went on like a normal conversation and he didn't gasp.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Curse you, KyouAni, giving us a not-in-book gasp.

(nice pun, eh?)
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”