new season of SHNY

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: new season of SHNY

Post by Beware the talking cat »

fiendmaw wrote:The main focus here is the 10th novel,I'd trade that for second anime season anytime(But...Yuki... :cry: )
Heresy!

BURN THE TRAITOR!
ALL HAIL YUKI!
ALL HAIL THE BIG BOSS!
ALL HAIL WIKICOMMUNISM!
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Fushichou wrote:Meh, honestly...Haruhi can wait, take your time people, just don't screw it all up.
I've been waiting for TWO YEARS.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Sacrifices must be made for knowledge!(Yuki.... :cry: :cry: )
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

right.. all i know is that SHnY season 2 should be a nagato yuki-dono special.. v4, charmed at 1st sight lover, and snow mountain syndrome all feature Goddess Yuki..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

troqu wrote:It's a long time off (most probably not in this next season) but I'm curious to see how you guys think they'll handle the events of volume 9. (kept ambiguous for spoilers sake)

off topic: When did the forum's look change?
Forums changed around the new year, IIRC...

As for how 9 (and by extension 10) will be handled, maybe they'll borrow a page from the matrix and subtly filter each of the timelines a different shade, like they filtered all the Matrix scenes as green, but left the real world scenes unfiltered, in the movies. That way you can tell which one you're in just by sight, but it's not so overt and distracting as it would be with a big "alpha" or "beta" in the corner, or a major change. Maybe also, knowing KyoAni's love for homage, they'll have 24-style splitscreen scene changes for when they go from one to the other. Either way, given how well they were able to pull off the first season's achronicity, I think we'll like how they decide to do it.

You're right about it being a while until we find out. I estimate at least two full cours (12-14 ep seasons) until they can make their way up to 9 and 10.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

So who do you guys think KyoAni will get to voice all the new characters when they actually get to introducing them?

My bets:

Fujiwara: Yuuichi Nakamura
Kyoko: Ai Nonaka
Kuyoh: Yukari Tamura
Sasaki: Marina Inoue or Yui Horie

Bespectacled Professor: Akiko Yajima
Student Council President: Kenji Nojima

Can't think of any VA's for the others...
Last edited by Kaisos Erranon on Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Horie Yui is a shoe in. She does e~~verything. :roll:
TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

New characters...?

Hopefully another Character that comes out in Volume 10 Voiced by : ME!
(>_<)

b4 i hear anyting, Dreams are what makes you strong. lol
quigonkenny

Post by quigonkenny »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:So who do you guys think KyoAni will get to voice all the new characters when they actually get to introducing them?

My bets:

My Dream List:

"Fujiwara": Fukuyama Jun (Lelouche, Code Geass) -- I hear the "Zero" voice when I read his parts
Kyoko Tachibana: Houko Kuwashima (Rose, FMA) -- Incredible "average voice" seiyuu
Kuyoh Suou: Rie Kugimiya (Shana, Shakugan no Shana) -- Immediately picked as soon as I saw her pic
Sasaki: Yui Horie (Youko, Inukami!) -- No explanation needed
Nakagawa: Kouischi Yamadera (Spike, Cowboy Bebop) -- Just fits for some reason
Sakanaka: Satsuki Yukino (Kaname, FMP!) -- Has a perfect voice for a pretty senpai
Student Council President: Tomokazu Seki (Sousuke, FMP!) -- Real-life "rivalry" with the other Tomokazu

I remembered a couple more characters, and don't remember who the "bespectacled professor" you're talking about is, so I left him off. Also, if Tsuruya-san's mother gets a speaking role in the adaptation of 7, Kikuko Inoue (Belldandy, AMG!) is a given.
TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

and they all do Hare Hare yukai together :D it'll be awsome
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

quigonkenny wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote:So who do you guys think KyoAni will get to voice all the new characters when they actually get to introducing them?

My bets:

My Dream List:

"Fujiwara": Fukuyama Jun (Lelouche, Code Geass) -- I hear the "Zero" voice when I read his parts
Kyoko Tachibana: Houko Kuwashima (Rose, FMA) -- Incredible "average voice" seiyuu
Kuyoh Suou: Rie Kugimiya (Shana, Shakugan no Shana) -- Immediately picked as soon as I saw her pic
Sasaki: Yui Horie (Youko, Inukami!) -- No explanation needed
Nakagawa: Kouischi Yamadera (Spike, Cowboy Bebop) -- Just fits for some reason
Sakanaka: Satsuki Yukino (Kaname, FMP!) -- Has a perfect voice for a pretty senpai
Student Council President: Tomokazu Seki (Sousuke, FMP!) -- Real-life "rivalry" with the other Tomokazu

I remembered a couple more characters, and don't remember who the "bespectacled professor" you're talking about is, so I left him off. Also, if Tsuruya-san's mother gets a speaking role in the adaptation of 7, Kikuko Inoue (Belldandy, AMG!) is a given.
Bespectacled Professor is the little kid who will invent time travel in the future. You know, the one that Mikuru and Kyon keep having to save...

And I can't imagine Rie Kugimiya as Kuyoh... not tsundere enough. (Though hearing a deadpan "urusai urusai urusai" would be awesome.)

But yeah, all the others would be awesome.

Now if only they'd get around to giving us a release date...
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

TUNAFISHISGOOD wrote:and they all do Hare Hare yukai together :D it'll be awsome
nah, knowing that squad they'll do Yare Yare Hukai and perform it backwards!
quigonkenny

Post by quigonkenny »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:Bespectacled Professor is the little kid who will invent time travel in the future. You know, the one that Mikuru and Kyon keep having to save...
Ah, I didn't realize he had a name. I've always just thought of him as "Megane-kun", or "Little Boy Who Ends Up Discovering Time Travel Theory". Ah, well. I thought of another couple characters, one of whom I'm pretty sure I remember doesn't have a speaking part (yet), but who probably will in the KyoAni adaptation:

Megane-kun: Rika Morinaga (Makoto, Minami ke) -- Great "little boy voice"
Miyokichi (Miyoko Yoshimura): Mamiko Noto (Hecate, Shakugan no Shana) -- No explanation needed
Slider-tan: Sayaka Aoki (Sia, SHUFFLE!) -- Sore wa himitsu desu...
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

ack, quigonkenny, why did you have to remind me that kikuko inoue could play as tsuruya-san's mother!? i was thinking AMG should be off limits to SHnY, and here comes you saying this.. anyway, aren't there any 'wow' mom seiyu out there, kikuko inoue-san aside? i mean, i can't imagine belldandy having a toned-down haruhi for progeny, i just can't see the connection.. >----------< (though i was intending to have belldandy-dono as haruhi's real mother, to explain her being godlike...)

i'm straying.. sayaka aoki for the slider? that'd be nice, but kyon MIGHT mistake it for a time-traveling version of her sister, i mean, he can be dense to the most obvious things.. the others are relatively easy to fill, given the number of suggestions here.. though, aren't there other female seiyu tomokazu sugita worked with in other anime? i was thinking of someone that can finish his (kyon's) sentences, but i can't just come up with any; yui horie's fine but i was thinking of someone more.. exotic on a par with aya hirano..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

shichinanatsu wrote:ack, quigonkenny, why did you have to remind me that kikuko inoue could play as tsuruya-san's mother!? i was thinking AMG should be off limits to SHnY, and here comes you saying this.. anyway, aren't there any 'wow' mom seiyu out there, kikuko inoue-san aside? i mean, i can't imagine belldandy having a toned-down haruhi for progeny, i just can't see the connection.. >----------< (though i was intending to have belldandy-dono as haruhi's real mother, to explain her being godlike...)
Belldandy isn't the only role Inoue has played, ya know.

And the reason that he gave Slider-tan to Sayaka was because of the "Slider-tan = Alternate Kyon's Sister" theory.

Heh, Mako-cakes as the the "Professor"... heh heh.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”