Some bad news...

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Some bad news...

Post by ainsoph9 »

I just saw on http://www.animenewsnetwork.com that Kadokawa announced that the 10th novel will be delayed until further notice from its June 1st release date. As much as this bombs, I guess it will give some time for the current novel to be translated...I'm having too good of a time reading the current novel to care, but I just hope that it won't be too long so that when the current novel is done with translation I won't have to wait for an eternity.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

I view it the same way.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

They don't even give a reason for the delay. I hate that.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

bleah that's a bit BS, well hopefully no one will liscense the novels by then
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

man, that is somewhat disappointing. I shall read Volume... 9... really... slowly... then...
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Licensing the novels by then?! That's heresy! It's all lies, lies, lies, lies!!! I'm not listening! la, la, la, LA, la!!! But seriously, I would not mind the novels being licensed as long as they could catch up quickly or they would allow this site to continue to exist until they do. The former would make me want to read the novels as fast as possible, but I find it would be harder to read them really slow.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Catch up quickly... :? Thats not going to happen. The same thing is gonna happen, just like FMP! /hashorridflashbacks. Nooooooooo!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, I am up to date on the novels, at least the translated ones on the website. So, the other way would require me to translate them myself, which I don't want to do unless it is absolutely necessary, given my reading skills in Japanese is about that of a 1st grader or somewhere around there. And this is after taking 2 years of Japanese in college. Now, I know where my tuition dollars go...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

ainsoph9 wrote:....And this is after taking 2 years of Japanese in college. Now, I know where my tuition dollars go...

....beer keg parties, futile attempts to get female classmates and fresh(wo)men drunk, pizza, kebabs,anime "platinum" collectors DVD editions, pointless gadgets, road trips, pubs, bars, clubs, bribing classmates for notes/references/sexual favours/exam papers/placement in crucial crowded classes, re-sit exams and finally food?

Hey, don't look at me like that. I just stating the truth.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

And studying. Don't want to forget that part.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

interesting scenario

Post by ainsoph9 »

It all depends on the school you go to and what your reason for attending it is I guess. I think a compromise between having fun and studying is the best myself, but whatever floats your boat. That makes me think though, what do you think Haruhi and the rest of the SOS Brigade will be like in college? If it wasn't for her swearing off alcohol in the Lone Island Syndrome story, then I could possibly see her as a crazy, raving, hazing partier. As for Kyon, who knows. Nagato doesn't need college, but if she did go to college, it would be some place like Tokyo U. Asahina I could see going to a small community type of college, and Tsuruya-san would probably be partying right along with Haruhi.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I can't imagine Haruhi being a party type person. She doesn't seem to relax unless she knows the people she's around.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Dan wrote:I can't imagine Haruhi being a party type person. She doesn't seem to relax unless she knows the people she's around.
You know, i had a great mental image of Haruhi at a house party, loudly shouting, laughing, drinking, but for some reason kyon was there too, and she was still dragging him around, and at the end of the night, a drunken haruhi is all over kyon, dragging him to the nearest bedroom, only to throw up on him, while half-way ripping off kyon's trousers before falling asleep on the bed.

heh.

haruhi banzai.

:P
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Then in the end she blames it all on Kyon, he /sighs, rinse and repeat.
Florin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Florin »

Going to college might become a problem for Yuki anyway, as she would probably look too young for college - her body doesn't age.
There is no gravity: The Earth just sucks.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”