2 question

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

asqwzx
Astral Realm

2 question

Post by asqwzx »

am i the only one that think haruhi act like a bi*** (im still in book 2) and can i hope to like her in the next books ??

second question : has the Author told how many book there will be ??

(i don't know if i should have post this here)
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

1) Haruhi's not a Mikuru. She only comes off as such because the audience doesn't know her well enough yet, but as you read on, you'll see more of her character and come to like her. Really, Haruhi's probably intended to be a form of the Ubermensch.

2) 9 books have been published, and we're awaiting a 10th, but we're not sure if any more are coming after that.
asqwzx
Astral Realm

Post by asqwzx »

thx, it make me want to read more ^^
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote: 2) 9 books have been published, and we're awaiting a 10th, but we're not sure if any more are coming after that.
Well, given that we know that they're going to a castle for their summer trip, that Haruhi's planning a sequel to the movie, and also that we still haven't seen a sports festival story or a Halloween story, I'd bank on at least a few more books.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote: 2) 9 books have been published, and we're awaiting a 10th, but we're not sure if any more are coming after that.
Well, given that we know that they're going to a castle for their summer trip, that Haruhi's planning a sequel to the movie, and also that we still haven't seen a sports festival story or a Halloween story, I'd bank on at least a few more books.
Possible, but if we have to read books on all of Haruhi's intended ideas then the series will go on for hundreds of volumes. That's even assuming something doesn't happen that changes all that at the end of book 10. For all we know, Haruhi might be rendered a normal mortal.

The fact that the story has officially spanned over to a two-parter volume(s) makes me think we're coming to a close.
asqwzx
Astral Realm

Post by asqwzx »

personally, i think that 10 vol is really good for a book series
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote: Well, given that we know that they're going to a castle for their summer trip, that Haruhi's planning a sequel to the movie, and also that we still haven't seen a sports festival story or a Halloween story, I'd bank on at least a few more books.
Possible, but if we have to read books on all of Haruhi's intended ideas then the series will go on for hundreds of volumes. That's even assuming something doesn't happen that changes all that at the end of book 10. For all we know, Haruhi might be rendered a normal mortal.

The fact that the story has officially spanned over to a two-parter volume(s) makes me think we're coming to a close.
NO.

No, no, no, no, no.

I refuse to even consider the possibility.

There really isn't enough lead-up. We've gotten a crapload of new characters introduced. He won't end it yet.

Besides, I think that originally it was going to be one volume, but his publishers said it was too big. Or something.

And remember that they were originally planned to be released close together.

If it really were the final volume, I'm sure a bigger deal would be made about it.

And if Volume 10 is the last in the series, it will suck. A lot.

He can't possibly answer all the questions the series has raised in one volume.

That would be like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Which sucked.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

In my opinion Volume 10 has a big chance to be the final,if not then volume 11 for sure,the story is getting closer and closer to the '3-4 years ago incident',which i think its the core of the story.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

fiendmaw wrote:In my opinion Volume 10 has a big chance to be the final,if not then volume 11 for sure,the story is getting closer and closer to the '3-4 years ago incident',which i think its the core of the story.
Again, no, please.

There's still PLENTY left to do and reveal.

You don't introduce a new member of the brigade and then end the series.

And I don't see that the series is heading in a direction that reveals "what happened 3/4 years ago."

I just don't see the lead-up to an ending in Volume 9, aside from the cliffhanger ending.
Matt_TY
Astral Realm

Post by Matt_TY »

That said, it's possible that the Betaverse (where no new members were introduced) turns out to be the correct one, even being fixed there with the help of the slider from the Alphaverse. Is that what you're calling it? I didn't lurk enough to figure that out :P

And maybe the unexplained delay is part of the "big deal being made about it"?

...Nah, I'm just theorising. Jesus, one post is all it takes to sound like Koizumi.

Anyway, first post and hello.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

If anything, all of these characters seems like we're being set up for a grand finale, myself, and there's no guarantee that Slider-tan will even actually join the Brigade. A lot of your reasoning for more books is kind've built on assumptions.

Anyway, I personally see a lead-up, since it seems that Haruhi's power will be transferred to Sasaki in at least ONE timeline, which will effectively conclude the story in that, and/or both, timelines, depending on how things turn out. Even if Haruhi did keep her powers and we had new Brigade members and yadda yadda, they could always just wrap up at a convenient dramatic point and end with "And so, they had many, many adventures."
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

And there's no insurance that Slider-tan will play an,at least important,role in the story,she may act as a bridge connecting two plot devices.
Who knows,well live and see.
IrishHaremOtaku
Astral Realm

Post by IrishHaremOtaku »

Feck Harry Potter, Haruhi should outsell that homo's eejit books 2 to 1.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

IrishHaremOtaku wrote:poke Harry Potter, Haruhi should outsell that homo's eejit books 2 to 1.
Thank you.

AuraTwilight, my assumptions are kinda based on quigonkenny's post about how he thinks book 10 will go.

Here:

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/viewto ... c&start=30
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:Even if Haruhi did keep her powers and we had new Brigade members and yadda yadda, they could always just wrap up at a convenient dramatic point and end with "And so, they had many, many adventures."
Also, if the books ended with that deus ex machina line of yours, I would consider that a SEVERE disappointment, and not worthy of a series like this at all.

Again, as for the delay being part of the lead-up... I'm more inclined to think it was for money reasons than story reasons.

If they release Vol 10 alongside the Second Season and after a huge delay, it'll sell much better than if they had released it back in June like was planned.

Sorry for the double post, I hit the wrong button by accident.

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”