Favorite SHnY Character

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Who's your favorite character?

Suzumiya Haruhi
23%
Kyon
17%
Nagato Yuki
44%
Koizumi Itsuki
1%
Tsuruya
7%
Asakura Ryoko
2%
Kyon no Imouto (Kyons sister)
No votes
Taniguchi
No votes
Kunikida
No votes
Asahina Mikuru
6%

Total votes: 84

Guest lol
Astral Realm

Favorite SHnY Character

Post by Guest lol »

Give a vote and tell us why!

---------------------------------EDIT----------------------------------------

Seems like it's a good time to pull out my old campaign poster!
Haruhi-ists! Unite and vote for our beloved SOS Dan supreme commander, her excellency Suzumiya sama! Vote for her against the Yuki-ist oppression!
-------------------------End of edit-----------------------------------------

I voted for Suzumiya san because she's such a amazing character. She does everything perfectly, is beautiful, is very smart, and is god! She also has a very odd personality and way of thinking. She's so superstitious and will believe in anything because it's interesting, like how she actually made a message to the gods during Tanabata.
Last edited by Guest lol on Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Because Yuki rocks..^^

'nuff said..xD
ToFuGuY
Astral Realm

Post by ToFuGuY »

BaKaFiSh wrote:Because Yuki rocks..^^

'nuff said..xD
i agree
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Do I even need to say who I voted for? :D
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

I went for Kyon because he drives the plot. It's his sardonic asides that push the novels into a territory far beyond their japanese harem roots.
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

Kyon is what brings the series together.

He has some of the best inner monologues I've ever seen.
wedgejaeger
Astral Realm

Post by wedgejaeger »

kyon because hes me in anime form, minus an asahina
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

but you want a asahina don't you?

:p
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Lupus
Astral Realm

Post by Lupus »

Tsuruya-san by far. The only one who comes remotely close is Yuki, but there is really no competition.
wedgejaeger
Astral Realm

Post by wedgejaeger »

onizuka-gto wrote:but you want a asahina don't you?

:p
eh, its more like there's always a haruhi who I just can't stand but feel compelled to go along with whatever the crap she has to say, to amuse her regardless of how much violence or insane demands occur.

As for Asahina, I mean more that a gorgeous girl that took up that much of my thoughts would be hazardous to my health.

There tends to be a Yuki who helps me out and a Koizumi who I just really don't trust everything thats coming out of his mouth, however true it may be, but would still play Risk with, and I'd lose every time.

yep, I think I know why I have some strange fascination with this story

edit: wow, I just realized how conflicted Kyon was in closed space with haruhi, you don't really want to kiss her, but you don't want to spend eternity with her either, lose lose
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

wedgejaeger wrote: edit: wow, I just realized how conflicted Kyon was in closed space with haruhi, you don't really want to kiss her, but you don't want to spend eternity with her either, lose lose
I wouldn't mind kissing a hot girl who chose me over the whole rest of the world. Kyon even said he didn't want to let go when he was kissing her.

Edit: And now that I think about it, Yuki also chose Kyon over the whole universe! Damn your playa skillz, Kyon!
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

I'm not liking this...

Yuki's winning... :roll:

Which means.....WAR!
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

I wouldn't mind kissing a hot girl who chose me over the whole rest of the world. Kyon even said he didn't want to let go when he was kissing her.
Notice how the threat is always that she'll recreate a world... just for the two of them.

If some girl considered doing that for me, I'd be somewhat impressed by it.
wedgejaeger
Astral Realm

Post by wedgejaeger »

Dragoon wrote:
Notice how the threat is always that she'll recreate a world... just for the two of them.

If some girl considered doing that for me, I'd be somewhat impressed by it.
think of it more as she's subconsciously smothering you into isolation. yay, fun... (this wouldn't be a problem had he thought the world was crap and loved her enough to not care)

what ever feelings he had rationalized to kiss her, Kyon pushed to the back of his mind and freaked out.

koizumi sort of brought up the whole "you might have to do it again to save us" Kyon's reply was, "no"

whatever is in Kyon that likes Haruhi is overshadowed by his will to not be injured, suckered into doing stupid things, and more abused than he is already

and besides, Haruhi wouldn't like a Kyon that liked her
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

I pulled up my Haruhi wants you poster!

HARUHI ISTS UNITE AGAINST THE YUKIS!

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”