Favourite couple from Suzumiya series?

General discussion related to the Suzumiya Haruhi novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

KoizumiItsuki
Astral Realm

Favourite couple from Suzumiya series?

Post by KoizumiItsuki »

To me, it would have to be Itsuki x Kyon ^_^

Yummm. They look good together.

What's your favourite couple?
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Ew... >.>

I'm going with Haruhi x Kyon.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Guest lol wrote:Ew... >.>

I'm going with Haruhi x Kyon.
I second everything said here.
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

I'll go with.......anyone other than koizumi x kyon..
Armanewb
Astral Realm

Post by Armanewb »

Haruhi x Kyon, only because Yuki is too good for him :D
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

I don't think I care much for Kyon being paired with anyone. He's both a jerk and a dullard. He's unwilling to do anything to better himself and just sits aside waiting for things to happen. Not to mention how he keeps priding himself as being chivilrous when he was ready to strike a girl much smaller than he is.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Kyon isn't a bad person as depicted as the novel and is a much better person the most people. How is he a jerk and dull? He's the center of the universe and is a nice person towards most people. He's a teenage guy, take a look at the entire teenage male population and we're not really much better then him at all (even though it's unreasonable to compare real people to fictional characters). And who is this girl that's much smaller then him? His younger sister? As an older brother, I stand by wanting to smack my sister on the back of the head at times too. Although I would never do it with the intent of actually inducing major physical damage, I would do it at times to tell her to shut up or don't do that again.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Maybe he's referring to how Kyon almost clocked Haruhi. If that's the case, Haruhi would wipe the floor with him.

Haruhi is the only person he ever tried to hit with intent to hurt, and even then he hesitated long enough to get control of himself.
=Smidge=
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Yeah I was amazed he went as far as to wind his fist back ready to own her face with it. Pretty shocking in a sense, but she was a bit out of line.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Plus Haruhi can hardly be considered as a smaller girl. Considering she has go-dlike powers and could erase him from existence.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

In stature she's still much smaller than he is. Look at them when they're next to eachother on the show.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

However, since when has one's stature determine power? If a person is tall or more muscular, it doesn't necessarily mean he's capable of defeating another person in a fight. Fighting ability equates to victory in a fight, not height. Plus he was about to punch her because how she was harassing Mikuru, technically, he's standing up against a bully which isn't really a bad thing; it's just how you fight back against a bully.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Back to topic! I like Kyon X Haruhi as well. Whoever said it above was dead right, Yuki is WAY too good for him. Plus, Haruhi just acts too cute when he's around with her.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Dan wrote:Back to topic! I like Kyon X Haruhi as well. Whoever said it above was dead right, Yuki is WAY too good for him. Plus, Haruhi just acts too cute when he's around with her.
Sorry for the distraction.

Despite my opinion of Kyon I agree that's the best pair and probably the one the series will end with assuming he ends up with anyone.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Don't say such things! Their adventures will never end! Tell me it isn't so! /runsoffcrying

Return to “Suzumiya Haruhi”