Maburaho

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Maburaho?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
2%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
2%

Total votes: 60

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Maburaho?

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

fiendmaw wrote:Hmm,Maburaho(anime,probably novels too) seems interestings,should pick it up.
Yes indeed, but the question is the same as always... Who will translate it?
blackcat wrote:I'm in the middle of making an order of the first volume, so I can try to help out with this series when I can.
Does this mean blackcat is volunteering to be a translator for the series? @@
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
blackcat
Astral Realm

Post by blackcat »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
fiendmaw wrote:Hmm,Maburaho(anime,probably novels too) seems interestings,should pick it up.
Yes indeed, but the question is the same as always... Who will translate it?
blackcat wrote:I'm in the middle of making an order of the first volume, so I can try to help out with this series when I can.
Does this mean blackcat is volunteering to be a translator for the series? @@
I'd need to learn how to translate Japanese text into English first. Second, I'd need a scanner readily available. Thirdly, I originally meant helping with getting the novels themselves. Fourthly, the novel came Friday and I was shocked by how thin it was.

Either way, I have a paper due next Tuesday that may boost my grade in that class to passing depending on the score I get. That day is the beginning of Thanksgiving break college hmmmmmmm.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Well, if you want to be a translator, i do not think you need a scanner. All you need is patience, commitment, and to read japanese and think of ways of phrasing it in english. Scanning is mainly to spread the raws around? I am not too sure though.

Getting the novels may not be that hard in our case, we tend to find some sources by some means still unknown to me so far...

If the novel is thin, it just means it is shorter to translate, nothing else.

No one says that you must spend too much time a day to translate ^^ you can translate a bit once a month if you want to, no one forces you into anything.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
blackcat
Astral Realm

Post by blackcat »

I'm sure that some people want to look at the pictures too. As for translating, it might be a while before I get books about how to read Japanese characters.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

blackcat wrote:I'm sure that some people want to look at the pictures too.
Don't worry, the novel is already scanned (I have a link where I can download the 22 volumes of the novel)
blackcat
Astral Realm

Post by blackcat »

Vaelis wrote:
blackcat wrote:I'm sure that some people want to look at the pictures too.
Don't worry, the novel is already scanned (I have a link where I can download the 22 volumes of the novel)
Wow! I guess I just need to search around more.
Memm
Astral Realm

Post by Memm »

The anime was really good, it would be great if someone pick this novel up for translation, i really want to know what really happens, you know in the anime they tend to change the story when the anime is reaching the last episodes to give it some kind of ending :?
Anyway I hope someone gets interested enough on this series to start working on it. :D
blackcat
Astral Realm

Post by blackcat »

I'd say the only thing holding me back is the kanji. I only know that the kanji for forest is made up of the kanji for tree.
Matt122004
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Matt122004 »

Remember, you only need to translate the first chapter for the project to be accepted. And since the book is thin, perhaps the first chapter is very short too?

-Matt
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Or you could try to start it at least as a teaser project... ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
dantesco04
Astral Realm

Post by dantesco04 »

Hello i'm a newbie here jeje and i was searching about this series and i found two vol. already translated and scanlated maybe you can use that as a guide or whatever...
snick
Astral Realm

Post by snick »

hi, I'm interested in participate in this project (well if you create the project :lol: :lol: :lol: ) to translate maburaho from the raw i have a link where we can download the first 20 volume [edit...] the problem is there are in japanese and i can't read Japanese :oops: :oops: but i can't help in edition 8) 8) what do you think
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

does nobody read the rules anymore...lol.

You can't link to external download sites. it makes what we do that much more ill E gal O_o

getting raws has never been a problem. Alot of translators live in Japan, and can go to the nearest book-off or use..."other means."

The problem has always been getting someone to stick to it as the translator. Editors are necessary too, but...first you need a script :).

If you can't volunteer for either position, then just keep up the support as a rooter, and someone will come eventually...(but not by spamming or posting ill E gal links.)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

oooh! I like the sound of "gal" links! As long they aren't the overt too-orange-tan types, i'm okay with them here! Yay to long white socks and short tartan skirts!

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
snick
Astral Realm

Post by snick »

Krikit wrote:does nobody read the rules anymore...lol.

You can't link to external download sites. it makes what we do that much more ill E gal O_o

getting raws has never been a problem. Alot of translators live in Japan, and can go to the nearest book-off or use..."other means."

The problem has always been getting someone to stick to it as the translator. Editors are necessary too, but...first you need a script :).

If you can't volunteer for either position, then just keep up the support as a rooter, and someone will come eventually...(but not by spamming or posting ill E gal links.)
sorry i'am new her

Return to “Teaser Feedback”