Kämpfer

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Kämpfer ?

It was good! Please do more!
91%
It was interesting.
6%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
2%

Total votes: 384

stellarroze
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Kämpfer

Post by stellarroze »

Thanks for the help. :)
fazri
Astral Realm

Post by fazri »

can i ask something is this novel already ended?
stellarroze

Post by stellarroze »

Yep, its finished with a grand total of 15 volumes. Twelve for the main story and three story collections.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

stellarroze wrote:Yep, its finished with a grand total of 15 volumes. Twelve for the main story and three story collections.
And the wrong end IMO. :lol:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Kira0802 wrote:
stellarroze wrote:Yep, its finished with a grand total of 15 volumes. Twelve for the main story and three story collections.
And the wrong end IMO. :lol:
Why? How did it end? Did it end like in the Anime?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
sleepy920
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sleepy920 »

It didn't end like the anime but I have to agree with kira that it was a bad ending. I can't remember all the details but check out seanver's blog for summaries of each volume where I found out how it end and was disappointed.
Kondou
Project Translator

Post by Kondou »

I just found this site a couple weeks ago. Last year, I couldn't find human-translated Kämpfer light novels anywhere, so I tried to give it a shot. I got almost done with the first chapter when I found Baka Tsuki... I decided to finish anyway.

I'm not very good at translating, but I kludged my way through. It took me maybe 8 to 10 days total to do the first chapter, but that was spread out over 3 to 4 months - whenever I managed to get time. The result's a bit different than J112's version.

Here's my Mediafire folder with my version. Wish I knew about this project earlier, I could'a been doing another chapter - oh well.
stellarroze

Post by stellarroze »

Its great to hear that you translated some of Kampfer even though that chapter was already on BT. I hope you're still interested in continuing to translate. ^_^
Kondou
Project Translator

Post by Kondou »

Well, my style's quite different from J112's, and he has Kämpfer's first two chapters registered. I think it would be better for the project to keep with a certain style throughout.

I'm not really motivated to start with another title though...
stellarroze

Post by stellarroze »

My style is different from j112 as well. The editors are here to go and sort out stuff like that and style really doesn't matter. Everyone translator has a different style :) You can translate whatever chapter you like and if you want to start another volume, go ahead. If motivation is the problem, I don't know how I can help really.
Kondou
Project Translator

Post by Kondou »

I've decided to work on Volume 1 Chapter 3. I assume I just edit the project page and put my name there. This is my first time contributing here, and there's no supervisor for Kampfer (that I know of) so please let me know if I should do anything differently.

I'm planning on putting up progress as I go rather than all at once. So far I've done about five pages, which I hope to put up today.

One line from the first page is giving me problems. I think it's a colloquial phrase about pumpkins and cabbages (???):
くそ、覚えてろよ。俺がカボチャならお前はキャベツだ。

Any ideas?
stellarroze

Post by stellarroze »

That's great to hear and you've done everything right. :)

As for that phrase, I have no idea. Try posting it here - viewtopic.php?f=55&t=4677 . More people are more likely to see it.
j112
Project Translator

Post by j112 »

ah yeah, my style wasn't really a style lol, i was just new to japanese at the time and that was the first translation i had ever done. ill complete the second chapter of kampfer this summer but as for the rest, i dont mind if anyone tles the rest of the book. If you don't i may eventually do it.
Kondou
Project Translator

Post by Kondou »

Ah, good to know I'm not stepping on toes. This is my first TL project as well, and my first wiki project. I'm getting used to it, but it takes time. I'm glad there aren't many people pestering for updates.

My hardest time at translating is when it comes to Kämpfer-Akane (and Natsuru trying to act like her). I just try my best.
j112
Project Translator

Post by j112 »

yeah i know what you mean, transformed akane always talks in the kansai dialect, which is a pain in the ass to make a suitable translation for.

Return to “Teaser Feedback”