Shounen Onmyouji

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Shounen Ohmyouji?

It was good! Please do more!
94%
It was interesting.
4%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
1%

Total votes: 139

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Shounen Onmyouji

Post by Darklor »

Ah, you can already read a little japanese and chinese? Why do you not exercise this a little more with translating a little for the wiki and add it to the teaser page? :twisted: :mrgreen: :wink:
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Cedar wrote:Hi, it has been a while since the last post, and I'm still only 1 person, but I'd also really like the light novels to be translated. Have just finished the anime and read the little of the manga that's online. I agree with FireChick that this series is great, and since the anime covers only two arcs out of the light novels, I'd really like to know what happens next in the novels, especially when the anime's ending is kinda open.. I can read a lil' chinese and jap. but I'm already having a little trouble reading manga, so I guess it'll be a while till reading light novels. Anyways.. yes, I'd love to see the light novels translated.
Well, the anime was good, and indeed, it would be nice to add the light novel series to B-T, but from the looks of it, not many translators got their hands on this series, nor are they free enough to work on this. I am sorry to regret it is highly unlikely that we will be able to have this as a project unless we get more translators on our side. Should you be interested to work on this project, feel free to. We would appreciate all help and translations we can get our hands on.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

I just read the first novel, and I think it's a really good read :D So here I am, marking my spot as an interested reader o_O
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
ShadowZeroHeart

dragonst wrote:I just read the first novel, and I think it's a really good read :D So here I am, marking my spot as an interested reader o_O
why not an interested translator? =X
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Cedar
Astral Realm

Post by Cedar »

Darklor wrote:Ah, you can already read a little japanese and chinese? Why do you not exercise this a little more with translating a little for the wiki and add it to the teaser page? :twisted: :mrgreen: :wink:
actually, it's kinda shameful to admit, but I am chinese (tho my chinese is only roughly equivalent to a year 4 schooler > <, yes it's embarassing) so yeah.. there's a chinese website which has the novels up to like volume 20-something, and I'm currently trying to read frm vol.9 - where the anime left off. My eyes hurt and I still can't really understand it, but I'm referring to translations of a few chapters of vol. 9 that someone did.. I still haven't got past where the translator stopped though. I guess after [or 'if'] I get more used to reading chinese I might try translating a lil (doubt it would be anytime soon..).. I have near to zero confidence in my chinese skills.. and if I totally swerve off the main plot ... :oops: [pulls hair out..] > < as I mentioned earlier, mangas are hard enough to read.. and the vocab of light novels .. T_T
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Cedar wrote:
actually, it's kinda shameful to admit, but I am chinese (tho my chinese is only roughly equivalent to a year 4 schooler > <, yes it's embarassing) so yeah..
Wow! Wish I could read as good as you.

Unfortunately I can only roughly read at leased a half a dozen simple Chinese characters and three of them is my name.

But then again I'm a HKer so I'm allowed this little lapse,we blend so much Cantonese/English it's mandatory.

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:why not an interested translator? =X
Because I already have toradora and nogizaka o_O And besides, I won't be able to translate the chanting either -_-
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
ShadowZeroHeart

dragonst wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:why not an interested translator? =X
Because I already have toradora and nogizaka o_O And besides, I won't be able to translate the chanting either -_-
LOLz, now you understand why i dropped the project back then.

The teaser i made had so much info gathered, it would be horrendous to manage. But the info would be useful for readers, as it can also be an insight to Japanese history in a sense. So its all good. IF anyone would do so much for it. I was still new then, so I had some extra time to get the info, also because the terms used would require research, so i added my research into the translation.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
MeNt
Astral Realm

Post by MeNt »

Please do some translation of this novel. I finished the anime and I just want to know what happened next. It's a really good anime, and I wish they could at least do another season of the anime. Anyways, I really hope that someone out there would translate the novels.
Akima-Heika
Astral Realm

Re: Shounen Onmyouji?

Post by Akima-Heika »

Mitsuru Yūki and its now at 25 volumes
ShadowZeroHeart

Re: Shounen Onmyouji?

Please do not revive such an old and dead topic. Furthermore there is a teaser for it, refer to the thread at the teaser side if you must. Teaser thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2945

Also a discussion thread was already here and was'nt far away: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2095

Topic shall be merged. ;)
Last edited by Darklor on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
achromaticlover
Astral Realm

Post by achromaticlover »

yup. It's awesome! Please do more. I'd more that just LOVE to follow this translation :D
It doesn't matter if you can't translate the chants [I know it's difficult. Many translators have given up on this just because of the chants]
I really really deeply wish you will continue on this novel. It's such a gorgeous story, really :D
GlassTier
Astral Realm

Post by GlassTier »

I think you should do this from volume 1. :D I want full story, not cut and abbreviated anime version. Lulz. But seriously, this is a series I would spend money on if any American company ever decided to translate it. I *need* to know what happens next.
soumyee29
Astral Realm

Post by soumyee29 »

Very interesting~ I have seen the anime and would love to read the full novel! Please translate this novel! Thanks!!
Chie
Astral Realm

Post by Chie »

uooo~~~ i like this series,, and your translate was cool,,
i think you should translated from vol.1 too,, :D
ganbare~~

Return to “Teaser Feedback”