Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu?

It was good! Please do more!
74%
It was interesting.
16%
Not as good as I thought.
5%
Boring. Not touching it again.
5%

Total votes: 43

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu

Post by onizuka-gto »

This is the feed back thread for Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu

Please tell us what you think of it.
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Leia
Astral Realm

Post by Leia »

The "teaser" wasn't bad at all; in fact, it was interesting to read. Of course, I already watched the anime, so I know most of the information.
harunako
Astral Realm

Post by harunako »

Well, for readers like Leia, I would encourage them to actually leave a message on the "Reader comments" section, so that people can know what the anime would be like.
Think of the teasers like petitions to the audience: appeal them with what you like the series best! :)
D-ion
Astral Realm

How did you find Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu?

Post by D-ion »

Anime was very nice, though I heard some details from a novel was missed in it.
So hope to read somewhen a full story. Please translate it.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

we are just transl;ating the first page.

So please don't get your hopes up for any full chapters or volumes.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by the_naming_game »

(I finished watching the anime inside the last 24 hours, hence the sudden post.)

When something like a novel, anime, manga -- a story -- gets good past a certain point, there is a strange opposite effect where the slightest inconsistency or flaw or unfulfillment starts to grate at you, eventually to haunt you. This is because the story now affects you at a level more normal stories do not. Its slightest shiver sends ripples.

"Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu" did this for me, and despite being haunted, I can say that I'm grateful for it, because it hasn't happened in awhile. I have the forboding feeling that despite the promise of a continuation from the anime's events, that it will end as bittersweet as the anime. Yet, I find that I still have to know.

I hold no illusions that this is the best story in the world, but those who always hold out for the best will never enjoy what's good. For me, it's enough if I can say that this is one story I'm not going to forget any time soon.

It's too bad about things like these; they just don't advertise so well. Anybody can say that something is good, but in the absence of trust, it's all noise. All we're left with is a bunch of stats. Purple hair, frail constitution. Moe. As evidenced from my own turnaround, the best teaser is the anime, or (hint hint!) a few pages translated. However, from the synopses (spoilers ahead, obviously) I've read, the story moves (at least at the start) quite slowly. Apparently events don't really set themselves into motion until Chapter 2, and then things slow down after the beginning of the next volume.

I personally am not against a slow moving story, if I am assured there IS a story, and if the interludes serve to build the world in which the story takes place. From what I have read, this is true of the novels.

It really is too bad that people may not be able to appreciate the novel unless quite a bit more than a teaser has been translated. It's a chicken-egg dilemma, and the only thing I can say to people who don't know what this story is about -- is to watch the anime. And then vote afterwards.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu

Post by ainsoph9 »

I was wondering if this would be a novel series to translate. It is only four volumes, which means that the translator would not need to spend too much time. I do not believe either the novels nor the anime are licensed either. I have seen about half of the OVA at this point. It is pretty good; it was nominated for the Seiun Award. I also cannot find any evidence of anyone translating it either. Here is Baka-Updates's description.

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu is a story revolving around a secret war that has been going on below the public's eye since 1947 and a group of people involved in the war, either directly or indirectly. The main protagonist is a young high school student named Naoyuki Asaba who, on the last day of summer break, sneaks into the school at night to swim in secret. However, upon arrival at the pool, he meets the mysterious Kana Iriya, who is there for the same reason. However, she doesn't know how to swim, so Naoyuki offers to teach her how to swim. During this private lesson, a group of people show up in search of Kana and take her back to the nearby air force base where she is staying.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

There's a teaser page located here:

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... O_no_Natsu

>:3
/me claws out throat and dies
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I could not remember if there was something posted about it. I finished the OVA last night. It reminded me a lot of Saikano with a few differences. I was wondering how many pages the first novel was as well. After exams are done here in a few weeks, I might be interested in trying to translate it. Mind you, my Japanese reading skills are not that great, but I think this would be a good opportunity to try to improve that. I do not know how difficult the reading is either because I do not have a copy of the book, nor can I find one on the internet. Oh well.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

I'm attempting to find the raws now. Even if you just do the prologue or the first chapter, it's progress, which is good. ^_^
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

just thought i ask about, sent a few emails around, including one to the Big Boss to see if he's got anything lying about.

i suspect the best way to gewt any novel raws is on irc.

Since my poor mobile can't really take irc real-time stuff, (but funny it seems to be able to do internet radio a-ok)

anyone with a stable network should irc around for it.

:)

Oh if you catch the_naming_game on irc, he'll definitely help you find it.

@Onizukademongto
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, I would, except that I do not do IRC very often. I only use it when I am desperate to find something. I will think about it.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

HolyCow wrote:There's a teaser page located here:

More dokuro-chan! >.> and whatever happened to Ghost Hunt?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Setherzam wrote:
HolyCow wrote:There's a teaser page located here:

and whatever happened to Ghost Hunt?
it got busted.

by the ghost busters! do do do-do do-do do do!

:roll:

N/B: ALL HAIL THE BIG BOSS!

good news! the Boss got volume 1-3 of this series in Japanese. He sent me an upload link so, right now im (slowly) download this file.

it says its gonna take me an hour, its about 65mb for three volumes.

Any B-T staff with fast connection who can distribute this to anyone who's interested, please p.m. me and i'll pass the link to you.

:)

@Onizukademongto
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

I've just gotten the raws to the first volume. If you want them, feel free to PM me.

EDIT: I have both the image and text raws. Thanks TNG and TLG. ^_^

Return to “Teaser Feedback”