Hataraku Maou-sama!

Enjoyed one of our teasers? tell us here

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How was it?

I might try translating this
9%
Great
91%
Soso
1%
No good
No votes

Total votes: 936

Imperial
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Hataraku Maou Sama

Post by Imperial »

cramped wrote:Current progress: 5/19 of CH.1 VOL.1
Haha, why do I get the vibes that I am doing a bad job at this, hurdur. FCK me and my shitty language skill.
If you need help editing/cleaning up, I and many others would be more than willing to help :).
TheCatWalk
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheCatWalk »

cramped wrote:Current progress: 5/19 of CH.1 VOL.1
Haha, why do I get the vibes that I am doing a bad job at this, hurdur. FCK me and my shitty language skill. Why can't my brain differentiate between mathematics, biology, physics, chemistry, and language!@EIJFHQH@D*(O@)(#4(#!#)-1$+0f39g-kok3'4???????????????????

BTW THX for the clarification.
so ur gonna update when the ch is completely done or are u gonna update timely when a certain part is done like most translators?
...well,i guess editing would be easier if u do it after the complete ch is done~
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

As you can see I do it on google docs. For the uploading on BT part will wait until I finish. Also I am not a native speaker for both En and CH may be errors here and there. P.S. for the progress I will edit the old post since I don't want to litter this forum with my posts.
Patron God of NTRed
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

I thought chapter 1 is very long, I mean there're only 3 chapters in Vol 1
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

KuroiHikari wrote:I thought chapter 1 is very long, I mean there're only 3 chapters in Vol 1
Ch.1 is 19 pages in CH without pictures of course. Also the anime left out many small tidbit details like the previous work Maou is doing, the company got involved in a fraud.
And here I break my promise for not posting unnecessary again lol XD.

FYI, I do about a page a day at my current speed since if do anymore than this my brain will go explode from biology, chemistry, physics, math, and most of all CHINESE TEXT.
EDITING IS ON THE LAST POSITION OF WHAT I PRIORITIZE.
SRSLY need a cup of starbuck.

Progress:6/19

Won't be much progress today.
Question: in case I finish ch.1 do you want me to go straight to ch.2 or revise it first?
Last edited by cramped on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patron God of NTRed
haxord
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by haxord »

cramped wrote:
KuroiHikari wrote:I thought chapter 1 is very long, I mean there're only 3 chapters in Vol 1
Ch.1 is 19 pages in CH without pictures of course. Also the anime left out many small tidbit details like the previous work Maou is doing, the company got involved in a fraud.

FYI, I do about a page a day at my current speed since if do anymore than this my brain will go explode from biology, chemistry, physics, math, and most of all CHINESE TEXT.

You're dong a good job and a page per day Is good since you have very disciplines...
Keep going, man ;)
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

cramped wrote: Question: in case I finish ch.1 do you want me to go straight to ch.2 or revise it first?
Keep going, there are usually more editors, especially the interested readers. If you really need help, I do have the Chinese RAWs as well, so I might be able to help you check if you feel uncertain. Won't be translating though.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

I am not confident in my English skill anymore since I never put it into use in the literary parts. (I do communicate w/ English, but not writing)
Any recommend site for learning how to butcher these novels lol? I mean which tense should be used in what situation.

Progress: 7/19 (part 1 ch.1 finished)
Last edited by cramped on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patron God of NTRed
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

the last illustrations of volume 8....................sooooooooooooooooooo......OMG..this made me cry..even though idk whats going on,i still feel like crying damnit nyaa!
Spoiler! :
kwh89
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by kwh89 »

cramped wrote:

Won't be much progress today.
Question: in case I finish ch.1 do you want me to go straight to ch.2 or revise it first?
Manga's and animes tend to "remove" stuff from the original works. it's these small stories that make the LN's worth reading !!
Monkeii12
Literature Club Member

Post by Monkeii12 »

I don't want to NTR your project, but I'm interested in picking this LN up. Can someone make a Project page so that we can actually do some productive work? I suck at these wiki pages, so I don't know how to make a Project page. I'm working from Korean BTW.
I'm actually JUNNYNAM
Monkeii12
Literature Club Member

Post by Monkeii12 »

Also, I do notice a lot of mistranslations on your google docs. I'm not talking about grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes either; I'm not the one to judge those. I'm talking about details being missed and details being mistranslated. So, I'll try to do the chapter from scratch if you don't mind. Or, I could fix things in your translations when a project page is made.
I'm actually JUNNYNAM
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

Monkeii12 wrote:Also, I do notice a lot of mistranslations on your google docs. I'm not talking about grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes either; I'm not the one to judge those. I'm talking about details being missed and details being mistranslated. So, I'll try to do the chapter from scratch if you don't mind. Or, I could fix things in your translations when a project page is made.
from scratch??why dude?
proof read it than edit it!
@cramped i think u should upload ur work on BT page now,
it' make it easier for the editors lolz,but in anycase,the final choice is urs if u want to upload it after the complete ch is done 8)
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

"............
Last edited by cramped on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patron God of NTRed
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

Monkeii12 wrote:I don't want to NTR your project, but I'm interested in picking this LN up. Can someone make a Project page so that we can actually do some productive work? I suck at these wiki pages, so I don't know how to make a Project page. I'm working from Korean BTW.
Fine by me lol, FYI for the details or Sth. Left out I deliberately do it + I will check the accuracy after I finished it first. BTW we should disucuss though.
I do it from C-E though from the ch website.
Patron God of NTRed

Return to “Teaser Feedback”