Need artist for my light novel series

Project of creative fiction that can be related to light novels or of an original nature.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

SailorSonic
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Need artist for my light novel series

Post by SailorSonic »

I’ve read over 35 light novels and I’ve taken 15 fiction writing classes, so I think I’m finally good enough at writing to write a light novel series. I’m looking for an anime-style artist that can draw about 12 or so illustrations for me FREE.

Why free, you ask? Because my novel is going to be free. When I’m done, I want to publish it as a 100% free e-book. This is just a fun little project for me. And if I’m not going to get paid, neither should you.

You do not need to do character designs. I already designed the characters myself using a dress up game (and, before you laugh, that dress up game allows for some pretty nice bishoujo designs.)

Also, I just wanna say that I really liked your translation of Infinite Stratos, you guys rock! :)
rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Need artist for my light novel series

Post by rock96 »

Oh, hello. You're pretty patient if you managed to finish your LN.
But there're some points that need to be clear.
First, you chose wrong sub-forum for this topic. Somebody, move this topic to fanfiction, please.
Second, if you wanted to say thanks for IS translation then you needed to do it in IS topic in aux.brigades or IS talk on the wiki. Not here.
Well, good luck with artist. I hope somebody will help you 'cause I'd like to take a look at your work.
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

BTW, rock, can you move this topic? I think that you can, as a translator. Put it in the Fan-fic projects. :D
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ShadowZeroHeart
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Topic moved.

That and is SailorSonic proposing to host the project on B-T? Or simply looking for an illustrator at a translation forum, which seems kind of weird(Translations don't need artists). On the other hand, you might probably have to give people something to read/see before they consider helping you in any way.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

without sounding narcissistic here I think I'm the closest candidate here on this forum, unless there are other artist lurking around. *stares around* if you guys are here raise hand so I can enjoy your art portfolio! back on topic do you mind sending me some pms of the character designs out of curiosity? I won't guarantee that I'll do it but if I have time and not busy I'll try.

baka baka baka
rock96
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

b0mb3r, woah, may I take a look at your works?

kira, I'm a bit slow, when topic is moved, but still, manga & novels isn't the forum where I have moderator's rights ^^
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

rock96 wrote:b0mb3r, woah, may I take a look at your works?

kira, I'm a bit slow, when topic is moved, but still, manga & novels isn't the forum where I have moderator's rights ^^
um...can you give me a day? i don't have a deviant account so I need to make one. brb

baka baka baka
rock96
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

OK, I'm fine with it. Take your time ^^

Return to “Creative works”