[COMING SOON] Chapter 03

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

[COMING SOON] Chapter 03

Post by onizuka-gto »

Translators:

Part 01: Sushi-Y
Part 02: Nidema ( Maybe taken off to cover chapter 02 )

Editors/proofreading:

K.neko/se-chan

Wiki page located here:

http://project.baka-tsuki.net/index.php ... itchpter03

Last edited by onizuka-gto on Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Da~Mike
Astral Realm

Post by Da~Mike »

Are we editing chapter three by any chance?

Despite what was outlined in your post, based on the format of the Wiki (the availability of the [edit] function), it seems as if we are also expected to help edit chapter three (or whatever script that has been posted in the Wiki as such).

Another thing if I may: will the editors at Baka Tsuki be involved with the editing of chapter two or is Kuroneko going to single-handedly sort it out?

To this very moment, I retain my reservations regarding the uniformity of the edits if different teams are allocated to edit different sections of the book.

A better method, I would suggest, would be to ensure that a specified group of editors receive the script before passing it on to another specific group to proof-read it and so on so forth, while maintaining that order.
E.g. Kuroneko -> se-chan -> Baka Tsuki

While this would no doubt result in a group of editors doing much more work, I think this would help preserve the style of the translations overall.
Crowkenobi
Astral Realm

Post by Crowkenobi »

Da~Mike wrote:Are we editing chapter three by any chance?

Despite what was outlined in your post, based on the format of the Wiki (the availability of the [edit] function), it seems as if we are also expected to help edit chapter three (or whatever script that has been posted in the Wiki as such).

Another thing if I may: will the editors at Baka Tsuki be involved with the editing of chapter two or is Kuroneko going to single-handedly sort it out?

To this very moment, I retain my reservations regarding the uniformity of the edits if different teams are allocated to edit different sections of the book.

A better method, I would suggest, would be to ensure that a specified group of editors receive the script before passing it on to another specific group to proof-read it and so on so forth, while maintaining that order.
E.g. Kuroneko -> se-chan -> Baka Tsuki

While this would no doubt result in a group of editors doing much more work, I think this would help preserve the style of the translations overall.
That's reasonable since atm, I have no idea what schedule we're using and what kind of deadlines we have and such.

On the proof-read thing, would we have the power to change more than spelling and word placement? Also, who would have final say?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

It is to my understanding that Chapter two is being edited by Kuroneko, my assumption is that for chapter three, se-chan group will be editing it, hence Kuroneko/Baka-Tsuki will be "proof-reading/quality checking" it.

However, unlike Kuroneko group who does not wish to use the wiki system, se-chan group is familiar to it, and also has a private wiki system for their own operations.

As Sushi-Y is a Baka-Tsuki translator it is natural that she would publish her translation on our own wiki.

when the translation of chapter three is completed, editors from Kawaii Heaven are more then welcome to lift it and put it on their own wiki for editing, however nothing is stopping them from doing so right now on our own wiki page while the translation is still in progress.

As far as i'm aware off, editors from Kuroneko/Baka-Tsuki are more then welcome to render assistent/advice to Kawaii Heavens when the editing is commenced.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kawool
Astral Realm

Post by Kawool »

maybe we should worry bout who will translate chapter 02 before talking bout chapter 03 ...
lambchopsil
Astral Realm

Post by lambchopsil »

Editing finished for what's translated...Now the rest of ch3 needs to be tled
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

I have a question...

Isn't Longville supposed to be Longueville?

Because that's what it was in both the anime and http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=294

^^;
Cala-kun
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Zero no Tsukaima

Post by Cala-kun »

After all this time, I have finally hauled butt and finished off chapter three. In addition, I have also re-done what was Sushi's half -- although I emphasise, not to invalidate her hard work -- as cross-reference material that editors should feel free to splice together as much as is deemed necessary with the pre-existing translation. Having said that, I do take some pride in my own work, so please be gentle. ;)

To note further, I would've posted this on the wiki directly, had it not been for the dilemma of what to do with my version of the first half.

Oni~ where art thou?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<@Onizuka-GTO> Cala-ko and Cala-kun sitting in the tree!
<@Onizuka-GTO> T-R-A-N-S-L-A-T-I-N-G!

A little in-joke (of sorts) that was born in irc...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Thanks cala-kun!

About sushi-Y well the thing is she kinda left the project, she had...er..otherstuff to do...so....erm...it's ok for you to mess with her stuff.

:roll:

anyway cheers cala-kun! will be working on it tonight!

@Onizukademongto
Andiyar
Astral Realm

Post by Andiyar »

Ah, excellent Cala. It shall be looked over very soon. :)

Good to know we're still alive. ^^

-Andiyar
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

the script is up. please get editing please!

:D

EDIT EDIT EDIT!

:D

@Onizukademongto
lambchopsil
Astral Realm

Post by lambchopsil »

I'm done with this chapter...So tired...You guys can patch up anything else that you feel picky about or for consistency...

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”