Volume 11, Chapter 7

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Dracain
Astral Realm

Re: Volume 11, Chapter 7

Post by Dracain »

Faster then I had thought possible, also, you do have a point about the Hitler thing, though we can't forget that while Hitler was a very cruel and evil man, he was insanely charismatic, he got people to happily participate in a "lets get arrested and shot at!" event. He played on peoples insecurities and rose from someone who couldn't even get accepted into school, into one of the most powerful men in the world. The this pope is saying things makes it sound like to take the holy land would mean an end to war itself, and elves are fairly hostile to humans as well, even Brimir supposedly said that the holy land needs taking. So for someone to be taken in by what he is saying isn't very surprising. Last but not least, we cannot forget that they have not had the experiences our world has had.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Dracain wrote:Faster then I had thought possible, also, you do have a point about the Hitler thing, though we can't forget that while Hitler was a very cruel and evil man, he was insanely charismatic, he got people to happily participate in a "lets get arrested and shot at!" event. He played on peoples insecurities and rose from someone who couldn't even get accepted into school, into one of the most powerful men in the world. The this pope is saying things makes it sound like to take the holy land would mean an end to war itself, and elves are fairly hostile to humans as well, even Brimir supposedly said that the holy land needs taking. So for someone to be taken in by what he is saying isn't very surprising. Last but not least, we cannot forget that they have not had the experiences our world has had.
Yeha, but Hitler at least put much more oratorics, in Pope's case he barely say few things and Henrietta is already charmed. It is far from convincing - poeple with brains would not be deceived by such language even if they do not have our worlds experience - Agnes, Louise, Tabitha, Colbert - none of them would be swayed by such pathetic rhetorics. Heck Saito would not be sways but in his case it is not brain power but just the knowledge of our history and not believing in Brimir's god status would do the case.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Last but not least, we cannot forget that they have not had the experiences our world has had.
Even with that it wouldnt be a given that it would be recognized by them... some are always blind for some things...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Holosuso
Astral Realm

Post by Holosuso »

Could someone clear this up for me, what exactly was Agnes reaction to the pope?

Was she shocked or what charmed or what?
Ephyon
Astral Realm

Post by Ephyon »

Jesus christ, it was an off hand joking comment, no need to try and play history professor on me like that. And for simplifying, I could say the same thing on your side, there's been more than twenty crusades in between the "official" church-sanctioned ones and others, the reasons for which were everywhere between expansionism, defense, reconquest, fanatiscism, etc depending on whoever was involved and whoever was doing the attacking at the time, the popes just stamped the whole thing as official and sounded the rally call.

In fiction, any allegory to the word "crusade" is bound to be the referring to the first one, which kickstarted with the Bizantine emperor calling for help while getting boned by turks, the Pope answering and then keeping the whole thing going until they retook Jerusalem. It's simply far easier to glorify the whole thing when it's about retaking something that you claim was yours (Like half a millenium ago and built over something that definitely wasn't, but let's not go there) while fighting heathens that you can easily demonize, something the church's PR department excelled at. It also helped that thanks to the Reconquista, everyone was all about kicking muslims at that time. Nobody ever mythologizes, say, the Second Crusade, since "We came, we saw, we conquered" sounds a lot better than "We came, we saw, we got royally trashed and just generally made the whole thing worse"
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Holosuso wrote:Could someone clear this up for me, what exactly was Agnes reaction to the pope?

Was she shocked or what charmed or what?
Fear , panic, scare, shock... Those are the emotions I think. She saw in his eyes the same fanaticism like twenty years ago when it ended upon in killing so many of her people.
kazesenken
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kazesenken »

Hey darknemo,

About that one part that you seemed confused about...the part after the first paragraph break where you wrote "St. Aegis the 32nd and Henrietta went to the royal courtyard. The courtyard of the palace was washed sunshiny spring streams (huh?), brought from Gallia’s Lytts Palace, the flowerbeds were filled with various flowers in full bloom"

When I looked at the raws, it seemed to be saying to me that "The courtyard of the palace was bathed with rays of springtime sunlight, and though its magnificence was not as great as Gallia's Lytts Palace, the flowerbeds were filled with various flowers in full bloom."

Can anyone confirm?
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Yeah, it makes more sense now, thanks.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”