Printing ZnT

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Talix
Astral Realm

Printing ZnT

Post by Talix »

Hello fellow ZnT fans :)

I am in the process of designing a soft cover version of the fan translated of ZnT - This will be available free of charge!

... Well, of course it will - I am sure the owners of the right to the books will rip me for commercially distributing it... ;p

Anyone can apply for a copy as long as you pay the costs for shipping it to your country. Furthermore, the contributers to the translation will be sent a copy of the volume to which they contributed, shipping paid by yours truly - see it as a form of gratuity for your work ^^

At the moment I don't have any pictures as I have yet to get a final "OK!" from my contact in the company that will do the actual printing.

This fact also makes it impossible for me to give a release date, but I expect the first volume (with the next ones following every month until there are no more material) to be out in the beginning of next year.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Printing ZnT

Post by Wolfpup »

Talix wrote:Hello fellow ZnT fans :)

I am in the process of designing a soft cover version of the fan translated of ZnT - This will be available free of charge!

... Well, of course it will - I am sure the owners of the right to the books will rip me for commercially distributing it... ;p

Anyone can apply for a copy as long as you pay the costs for shipping it to your country. Furthermore, the contributers to the translation will be sent a copy of the volume to which they contributed, shipping paid by yours truly - see it as a form of gratuity for your work ^^

At the moment I don't have any pictures as I have yet to get a final "OK!" from my contact in the company that will do the actual printing.

This fact also makes it impossible for me to give a release date, but I expect the first volume (with the next ones following every month until there are no more material) to be out in the beginning of next year.
This is and interesting thing your doing. I just wonder what the people that are providing the wiki and forum think, If they are ok with this might you include them and the monitoring editors in that offer as well? :wink: :?:
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
Talix
Astral Realm

Post by Talix »

Well, I think I could manage to send a copy to the wiki owners as well, but this is a very costly thing for me to do, so depending on how many monitoring editors there is I might not be able to... Lets see ^^

Even though I have the right to do it with no consequences for me, you are right regarding their minds on the project.

Whom can i direct my inquiry to regarding the managers of the wiki/forum?

I will pm the translators as well although I think this is obsolete as they already are doing this for other fans - Just what I want to do :)
Talix
Astral Realm

Post by Talix »

Hmm, seems I don't have the rights for distributing material like this... Got an email from a friendly guy directing me towards how to obtain the rights, but that is waaaaay to complicated and expensive for me, sorry Q_Q
Novium
Astral Realm

Post by Novium »

Say, I don't see how using a fan-made cover and sending it toy your friends and associates can be an illegal act.

Just dub it "alternative fan-made cover for the ZnT-series".

That prolly works anyway but the states.
Talix
Astral Realm

Post by Talix »

Novium wrote:Say, I don't see how using a fan-made cover and sending it toy your friends and associates can be an illegal act.

Just dub it "alternative fan-made cover for the ZnT-series".

That prolly works anyway but the states.
Hmm, yeah, well I'm not from the US, soo... I'll look into it :)
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well for one...

If you draw it all, then you'll be fine.

Two, as long as you dont ask for profits, you can argue fair use.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

As long you don't get money out of it you are fine and frankly I don't think anyone would really pursue someone who did that even if it was illegal...
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well, if they did, the public backlash would be horrendous.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

That's one hell of an understatement.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

well, I dont know else to put that in words...

If you sued a mere artist who was trying to show his/her passion for your work that you licensed, then I guess the public will send the 7 horsemen of the economic apocolypse to rain hell upon your workers, causing them to go on a revolutionary strike, destroying your stocks with the almighty wrath of the judicial system who will side on the artist's side and your lawyers would then ask for their fees for incompetence. The humiliation from the press would never end, making even more of your bottom line fall, then the stockholders sack you for being one of the most incompetent CEO's of all time. A few days later, Pirating is made legal, and all the big companies that tried to stop it fall due to the artists gaining more money.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Hum... It started off well but the end wasn't very epic. :wink:
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

That was the point.

Nothing ends epic in a world where money reigns.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Actually it would, the problem is that we live in a world where money reigns AND people are extremely short sighted. And frankly the latter is the far worst of the two.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

well... the people that matter are extremely short sighted....

"Oh no we're losing money on something that is getting more popular everyday!!!!

(5 Hours Later...)

We have now changed it to fit the lowest common denominator of human! Sell to the masses!!!!!"

Business people :roll:

Politics:

"Oh no, If I vote yes on this, NO ONES GOING TO VOTE FOR ME!!!! No matter if it will help the country out massively, ALL I CARE ABOUT IS ME HAVING POWER!!!! :twisted: "

Yep.

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”