ALRIGHT listen up.

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

BALLandCHAIN
Astral Realm

ALRIGHT listen up.

Post by BALLandCHAIN »

I'm going on a journey.

In 6 months I will finish my journey, complete my training, and get a power up. Then I will return.

Of course when I return I will inexplicably be TEN TIMES more powerful than I was before. (you know how it is)

And I will have learned Japanese and finish translating ZnT if it kills me.

Basically think "Return of the Jedi". Except I'm Luke, Yoda is Rosetta Stone, and I'm not learning to use the force but Japanese.

I'm not talken back to the translators or anything, just laying out my plans. You guys have done a great job translating and have finished a massive portion of the whole. But that kinda bugs me, the fact that SO MUCH of it is done, but there is still a lot left, and there hasn't been an update in like 3 years!!! Add to that I started reading it last weekend and finished all that has been translated in 2 days (bcuz its a good read, not short length), and this literary blue-ball has got me trippin.. Men can't stop halfway. Men have to finish. Or it hurts. That's why I will definitely be the one to complete the TL of ZnT. If anyone wants to compete that is good. But it'll take 6months to learn the language at least. (for me)

I'll necro this thread when I have overcome my trials. So then you guys will be like, "oh shit! he really did it!" (except more excitement) and then you will go read ZnT, which I will be translating. Wish me luck, I am very serious.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: ALRIGHT listen up.

Post by Mystes »

I'll try to be serious, but sadly most people give up. Look at the number of inactive translators right now.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
BALLandCHAIN
Astral Realm

Post by BALLandCHAIN »

Right. I get it. I don't expect you to believe me or even pay attention to me at all. This is my second post obviously I look like a flake, but on the wiki I am a dedicated editor and quality/proofchecker spanning multiple series. Though without any sort of 'official title'. That's why I'm gonna necro this thread for my amazing debut. Make sure your there for it kira, if I remember I will send a pm your way.

Really nothing would make me happier than to have more light novels translated(so I can read them), and to see these forums become more active.(so I can talk about them). That's why I want to do this. I feel as if I'm killing 2 birds with one stone. Learning jap will give me access to the things I want to read, and if I translate them, hopefully more people will come.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

BALLandCHAIN wrote:Right. I get it. I don't expect you to believe me or even pay attention to me at all.
I didn't meant to be rude. :oops:

I just wanted to warn you that if you decide to learn Japanese, then don't give up midway and say 'Oh, forget it'.
Kira0802

BALLandCHAIN
Astral Realm

Post by BALLandCHAIN »

kira0802 wrote:I didn't meant to be rude. :oops:
Oh, no, I didn't take it like that. You were not being rude, but you were surely being truthful. I understand that most people give up way before reaching practical literacy, I am one of them. But this time I hope to use that to my advantage, I have a good base already developed off which to build, since I was very dedicated in my first attempt. That's why my estimate was 6 months, which I figured would be considered outrageously generous for a language like Japanese. But enough talking about this. The next time I post in this topic will be to say my journey is complete. When that time comes I hope you will come celebrate.

Mods: kindly let this topic fall off the front page, please don't delete or lock thanks
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Well, I think that kanas should be easy...I did hiraganas in two weeks and put katakanas oon hold right now. Kanjis and grammar will be harder.
Kira0802

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

blah you're not luke since i meet mark hamill in the 3-D world...unless you are mark. MARK?!

anyway good luck true believer.

baka baka baka
kazesenken
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kazesenken »

Good luck to you. I'm not sure how much of a basis you've built up, but learning enough Japanese in 6 months to burn through the rest of this series is still a daunting task.

I'm doing my best here to translate in the mean time. If I didn't have so little time, the translations would be a lot faster. I really only have an hour or two of time each week to spend on it unfortunately. That's why I contribute little chunks every so often.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

kazesenken wrote:I'm doing my best here to translate in the mean time. If I didn't have so little time, the translations would be a lot faster. I really only have an hour or two of time each week to spend on it unfortunately. That's why I contribute little chunks every so often.
Want some help during summer breaks? Though I can't promise anything.
Kira0802

kazesenken
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kazesenken »

kira0802 wrote:
kazesenken wrote:I'm doing my best here to translate in the mean time. If I didn't have so little time, the translations would be a lot faster. I really only have an hour or two of time each week to spend on it unfortunately. That's why I contribute little chunks every so often.
Want some help during summer breaks? Though I can't promise anything.
As far as helping with the chapter I'm working on, I'm pretty fine. I actually go through it pretty fast when I have the time. Katakana and foreign phrases are what bog me down, but chapter 2 has very little of that.

You can always take a crack at the other chapters. Not sure if any progress has been made yet for the other chapters.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I remember Jima is doing the other chapter, though the translation s is a bit strange. I'll contact him later.
Kira0802

eggs
Astral Realm

Post by eggs »

goodluck
Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

I hope to see you when you return as a Master of the translation!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I alctually also hope for that.
Kira0802

Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

Well he's still semi active in the forum [ I think I saw him anyway] So who knows?

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”