Bangai hen doubt

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Wizzie
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Bangai hen doubt

Post by Wizzie »

In Zero no Tsukaima's side stories list, we have already 6 titles (Eight years ago, The Birth of Louise the Zero, Tiffania's Troubles, Louise's Tart, Wardrobe of the Past, and Louise’s Room) and I thought that it was all of them.. but when I was searching info on the anime DVDs, the Google translator lead me to believe that there are more 7. So, because I don't know Japanese and the online translators aren't totally correct, I'm asking if someone would be kind enough to confirm it...
From the anime oficial page, these are some of the extras with the DVDs:

Zero no Tsukaima VOL.1
•公式入門書スペシャル・エディション(32P)【各作家描き下ろしイラストをフルカラーで収録のほか、ここでしか読めないヤマグチノボル書き下ろし小説、望月奈々描き下ろしコミックを収録!】
Zero no Tsukaima - Futatsuki no Kishi VOL.1 - 6
商品情報:またヤマグチノボル描き下ろし小説&兎塚エイジ描き下ろしカラーイラストが入ったゼロの使い魔特製小説を封入!

•ヤマグチノボル描き下ろし「ゼロの使い魔」特製小説(兎塚エイジ描き下ろしイラスト入り)
If someone confirms this, I would like to add them to the list, and if so, because their name is unknown, how do I put them? Anime 1 DVD 1, Anime 2 DVD 1 and so on or differently?
Thank you :)
AKAAkira
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Bangai hen doubt

Post by AKAAkira »

My best translation for the first quote is:
Special Edition Official Handbook (32 P) 【Not only is the illustrations by each artist in full colour, included is a comic written by Yamaguchi Noboru and drawn by Mochizuki Nana that you can only read here!】
As far as I can tell, this is comic/manga, not a LN short story, since it has コミック in it (as opposed to イラスト used below).

The second quote is:
Product Information: Also included are Familiar of Zero Special Stories written by Yamaguchi Noboru & colour illustrations by Eiji Usatsuka!

• Familiar of Zero Special Stories written by Yamaguchi Noboru (Illustrations by Eiji Usatsuka)
Yes, the second bit was basically a repetition of information. I'm assuming there's context I couldn't see in from the site you got this from.
(特製小説 can mean Special Novels, but I'm more inclined to believe this is Special Stories in this context.)

These I can believe are side stories, but (assuming each DVD volumes has one side story each) are you sure these aren't the same side stories that are already listed?
Wizzie
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Wizzie »

Thank you for responding :D
About the side story from the season 1 dvd, I couldn't find any other evidence less ambiguous that could confirm it or not, so thank you for translating it!
I'm assuming there's context I couldn't see in from the site you got this from.
I got this from the anime's wesite, because is one of the few trustworthy. I don't know if there is realy a context but it could be seen here:
http://www.zero-tsukaima.com/zero/goods/index_dvd.html
http://www.zero-tsukaima.com/zero2/dvd/index.html
These I can believe are side stories, but (assuming each DVD volumes has one side story each) are you sure these aren't the same side stories that are already listed?
I'm sure that they aren't the ones listed because I searched information about them including in the Monthly Comic Alive website and found where they came from (left row in this image)
Spoiler! :
At first I was unsure if it could be 6 different ones or the same side story in the 6 DVDs like the last one in the image above, and also be one of the listed ones, but because you translated "colour illustrations", I thought that maybe they're 6 afterall. The DVDs from the season 1 bring reversible covers, the ones from season 3 bring leaflets, and I though it was weird that the season 2 ones brought simple illustrations (not listed by themselves in the DVDs extras unlike the reversible covers and leaflets), so they could be the illustrations to these side stories...
Spoiler! :
At least it seems to match..
AKAAkira
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AKAAkira »

Yeah, that's what I meant by context. Put together, the two sentences in the second quote looks like needless repeating, but I can see now that the first sentence was from the product summary the the second was from bonus features.

I'm curious about the "colour illustration" part, though. That term only came from the second season volume one special edition; the regular edition (and the rest) only has that additional "Familiar of Zero Special Story written by Yamaguchi Noboru (Illustrations by Eiji Usatsuka)", so I don't know if I'm supposed to interpret that as "the special edition has the regular edition's side story with illustrations in colour" or "the special edition has not only the regular edition's side story, but also an additional side story with illustrations in colour".

Or it could just be me completely mistranslating something, again. Hopefully not.

Have you tried querying other channels?

EDIT: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... 1&page=118. Got the names, at least.
Wizzie
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Wizzie »

Have you tried querying other channels?

EDIT: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... 1&page=118. Got the names, at least.
I didn't remember doing that :? I thought that here was faster...
Thank you by the link! Normally the names of the short stories appear in the websites were the books are sold, but it wasn't the case with the DVDs...
And I'm happy to know that in the booklet of the DVD 1, it was also a short story
Thank you again :D

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”