Doubt about publication and translation

For all None English discussion relating to any of our Novel series

Moderators: Senior Editors, Translator no Roukou, Fringe Security Bureau, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Note to Users of this forum, that you may speak English or any other language here.

Want to start an Alternative Language project here? Read This: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1822

Doubt about publication and translation

Postby Clead » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:38 am

I read a lot about projects being rejected or erased because the novel was already published.

What I want to ask is if some novel is published in USA my <language different to English> translation is somekind of illegal? or just English translations are the ones to be removed?
Clead DE. HeavenHell:
··············"No where to run or hide I need, only somewhere to return."
Clead
Project Translator

Re: Doubt about publication and translation

Postby onizuka-gto » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Clead wrote:I read a lot about projects being rejected or erased because the novel was already published.

What I want to ask is if some novel is published in USA my <language different to English> translation is somekind of illegal? or just English translations are the ones to be removed?

If the novel series are known to be published in English or an alternative language, then that corresponding project will be be locked.

I.e. if the novel is being published in English, only the English project will be locked.

If it's German, the German project will be locked.

etc, etc, and et la.

TGM - Deleted your double post... nub...
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief

Postby Krikit » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:02 pm

Yeah, like Oni said. So if Spice and Wolf is liscensed in English, then we have until the release of the book to get as far as we can in english, and then the project is locked. However, you can use the uneditable pages in the wiki to make you'r spanish translation still. That's all good, because it would be liscensed in English. But if it does get liscensed in spanish...then we're all screwed and have to buy the english version on top of our Jap or Chin versions ^_^
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Postby Clead » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:56 am

If that happens, it will be a problem if I access to the english imprinted versions to make a copy (just for translating purpose?)
Clead DE. HeavenHell:
Clead
Project Translator

Postby onizuka-gto » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:08 pm

Clead wrote:If that happens, it will be a problem if I access to the english imprinted versions to make a copy (just for translating purpose?)

You can certainly do that, as long there is no Spanish translation of the novel being published, then you can translate it from whatever source you have....even from the official English publication.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief

Postby Clead » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:30 pm

I mean Baka-Tsuki 'somehow-illegal' publication, being published an oficial.
Clead DE. HeavenHell:
Clead
Project Translator

Postby onizuka-gto » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:40 pm

I'm somewhat confused as to what you are trying to say,

do you mean, as in someone using Baka-Tsuki translations in the official published novels?

Or using official licensed translated novels and putting them on Baka-Tsuki? :?: :?:

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief

Postby Clead » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:16 pm

using Baka-Tsuki translations when an official novel is published to translate it to other language.
Clead DE. HeavenHell:
Clead
Project Translator

Postby onizuka-gto » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:02 pm

Yes. you can still use the English translation ,however, because we will have to lock or at worse, remove the English translation of the project, it means you will have to save a copy of the English script before we remove it.

But don't worry, i will warn you all before hand if possible.

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief

Return to Alternative Language Forum