Toradora! (Greek)

For all None English discussion relating to any of our Novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Note to Users of this forum, that you may speak English or any other language here.

Want to start an Alternative Language project here? Read This: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1822
eirini_kl
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Toradora! (Greek)

Post by eirini_kl »

I am a new user but I have been reading Toradora! and Zero no Tsukaima here for a long time now. As I do not speak Japanese I would never be able to read these great novels without you guys, and I can't thank you enough. Toradora! especially is a novel I have grown very fond of, and I would like to make it known to more people of my country (Greece) by translating it to Greek. As I said, I do not speak Japanese or Chinese and therefore I cannot translate directly from these languages, but I am proficient in English (I have even worked part-time as a translator). If it is not against your policy to translate the novel from English to Greek, I would like to undertake that project.
If you accept, please give me instructions on how to get started. I already read the link above but I don't know how to create a main page, a translation page etc.
On another note, I am willing to help as an editor in English spelling and grammar for Toradora! and ZnT. I have already tried editing a ZnT chapter before registering on the forum and it doesn't seem very difficult. If you need help on that, let me know.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Toradora! in Greek

Post by Darklor »

To create the mainpage you have only to translate the Toradora projectpage into the target language which would be in your case greek. You could start for example with creating a link on the Toradora projectpage: something like that: *[[Toradora! (Greek)| ελληνικά(Greek)]] (if ελληνικά is the right word for greek ;)) and then follow the redlink and create your projectpage there and add at the end of the page the category tag [[Category:Alternative Languages]]. The link in your project page to the Registration page would be something like that: === [[Toradora! (Greek):Registration Page|εγγραφή]] === (if like above εγγραφή is the right word) and then follow again the redlink to create your registration page there and add at the end of the page the category tag: [[Category:Registration Page]]. I dont think the creation is very hard besides the translation itself, since you could compare it with the other alternate language projects and use those as a template for your creation.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Const2k
Senior Project Editor

Post by Const2k »

eirini_kl wrote:If you accept, please give me instructions on how to get started. I already read the link above but I don't know how to create a main page, a translation page etc.
Hello and welcome! Here are page examples to get you started: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 28Greek%29
Note that project will be authorised only if it meets all the conditions you can find here; otherwise it'll be deleted in a week.
eirini_kl wrote:On another note, I am willing to help as an editor in English spelling and grammar for Toradora! and ZnT. I have already tried editing a ZnT chapter before registering on the forum and it doesn't seem very difficult.
Thanks for your contribution, feel free to correct any mistakes you can find.
eirini_kl
Project Translator

Post by eirini_kl »

Thanks a lot! I have already translated the main page and started translating the first chapter. I have a question though: Do I have to create another account for this? I tried logging in with the username and password I have for this forum, but it seems that it does not apply for the projects as well.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

As I remember I had to create also an account for the forum, so I think you have also to create another account for the wiki...

Darklor

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:As I remember I had to create also an account for the forum, so I think you have also to create another account for the wiki...

Yes! :D
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
eirini_kl
Project Translator

Post by eirini_kl »

Phew!!! I finally finished the first chapter and now I am waiting for approval in order to continue. The text sure seemed longer than when I was just reading it, but it's done now and that's what counts. I look forward to translating the following chapters as well. :mrgreen:
Needless to say, I welcome anyone knowledgeable in Greek and English to make corrections.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, you could even without approval continue for a while... ;)

Darklor

eirini_kl
Project Translator

Post by eirini_kl »

How do I do that? I cannot open the pages to the other chapters yet. Is there some way to unlock them?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, yes, sure! You have to create the link yourself, but I am nice and do it this time for you. :twisted: ;)

Darklor

Const2k
Senior Project Editor

Post by Const2k »

eirini_kl wrote:Phew!!! I finally finished the first chapter and now I am waiting for approval in order to continue.
Nice milestone, worthy enough to be mentioned in project's news, if you ask me (this way readers will know what's going on as soon as they visit project's main page).
Regarding approval, it's almost there, I think. Since you already have one chapter translated, all that remains is full translation (no English text left in page's body) of main page (e.g. 1, 2), registration page and chapters' navigation bar (located at chapter N's bottom). Having real project administrator and supervisor instead of placeholder names will help, but it's not required for project to get approved IMO.
As for creating new pages, feel free to create any pages you need (even if you screw something this way, it'll be taken care of sooner or later). Use your project's main page as example: edit (part of) it to get the idea how links are organized, add new one, save or preview edited page/section to get "red link" of the page you're going to create and click it to start editing new page. Save it after putting something in, and it'll be created (actual process is much easier than it sounds, it just takes some time to get used to it).
Also, feel free to ask any questions about wiki/forum problems you may run into - B-T members are usually helpful.
eirini_kl
Project Translator

Post by eirini_kl »

Thanks, I think I finally figured out how to create links, so I 'll start working on the second chapter. On the main page I did not replace the words "Project Administrator" and "Project Supervisor" because Greek users are more familiar with the English terms. If I forgot to translate something else, please let me know. :)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Approved!

:)

P.s: Thanks for the help C2K :wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

And btw the [[Category:Registration Page]] tag should'nt you translate... ;)

Darklor

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:And btw the [[Category:Registration Page]] tag should'nt you translate... ;)

please do not translate the category tag....it'll just create a new category altogether.... :roll:

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Alternative Language Forum”