Too many things to do, too little time?

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Poll ended at Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:20 am

Yes. I wish there were more hours in a day.
67%
No. It pays to be organised. :wink:
11%
Too many things to do?? I'm bored stiff!
22%

Total votes: 9

Da~Mike
Astral Realm

Post by Da~Mike »

Just something I wanted to check. Recently I've felt this way about my "summer holiday"... (especially when I have to stay with my parents during my holidays...).

Actually, not just during my holidays, in general, I feel there's so much more I want to do but never get the chance to do it.
I guess you could consider it as another form of "opportunity cost". :roll:
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bicube »

Right now, there's nothing for me to do, so yeah, I'm bored stiff until school starts again in a few weeks.
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by the_naming_game »

DaMike,

How's it going? Long time, no see.

From what you've said, I'm guessing that you want to do everything. Don't fall into that trap.

The only way to get any satisfaction out of a limited life/lifetime is to prioritize. Pick the things you want to do the most, and forget as much else as you can. It's the only way you'll get anything out of it. People who say you should smell the flowers just didn't have the drive to do what they really wanted. That is, unless their thing WAS to smell the flowers...
Da~Mike
Astral Realm

Post by Da~Mike »

The Naming Game,

Hey~. You alright? It's been awhile.

Wanting to do everything huh? In a sense yes.
I planned to do lots more than I'm currently able to do right now.

So yes, otherwise, I kind of feel like there's a backlog of things I want to get done...

However, every summer, what I wish for does kind of come true. I mean, there are more hours in the day during this time of the year :P

Almost half past nine and it's still bright... Several things I do hate about summer are: the heat, the pollen, the lack of dusk, all the bloody insects... Because it gets bright so early this time of the year (about 4am), it really does mean you have to sleep earlier...

But yes, cheers for the tip.

Return to “Commune”