New Member Intro and suggestion

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Ferrovax
Astral Realm

New Member Intro and suggestion

Post by Ferrovax »

Hello everyone, You can call me Ferrovax.

I found this site because i was reading the manga High School DxD. I heard it was originally a light novel, and since i had to know what happened after i finished the current chapters, i began to look for a translated version. That brought me here. I must say I'm surprised i have never found this place before, well i guess not too surprised since i never looked for a light novel before. I'm very happy you guys are around, and after seeing how much work you have all done Im almost overwhelmed with the choices i have.

After looking around i was kind of disheartened. Is there anything like a TAG searching function like manga Scanlators have adopted? For instance im looking for another light Novel similar in style to High School DxD and i don't have any resources at my disposal to locate another light novel series on my own. Since im brand new to light novels i haven't heard of many of the ones listed on this site. A system similar to tags in conjunction to the suggestion system they employ at MyAnimelist.net would work wonders in helping readers decide what to read next. Well maybe there is something like that and i just haven't run across it yet

Well in any case I am glad i found this place.
royaloyalz
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: New Member Intro and suggestion

Post by royaloyalz »

Hey and welcome to the world of Light Novels!

I myself am quite new to this world, though I have read my fair share of Light Novels now.

Well there is no tag system for LN unfortunately, at least not that I know of. A suggestion of mine is to look for anime adaptations or manga adaptations and go on from there, or you could search around this forum to search for answers.

I think a good LN to read after Highschool DXD would be Campione, which has also been translated by the good folks here, and maybe Hidan no Aria.

Anyways hope you will enjoy the world of LN, because it certainly is an extremely interesting one, one that will make me look for Chinese translations if the English ones are not up to the latest volumes even though my Chinese is seriously poor.
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
Kouma
Kyonist

Post by Kouma »

Ferrovax wrote: After looking around i was kind of disheartened. Is there anything like a TAG searching function like manga Scanlators have adopted? For instance im looking for another light Novel similar in style to High School DxD and i don't have any resources at my disposal to locate another light novel series on my own. Since im brand new to light novels i haven't heard of many of the ones listed on this site. A system similar to tags in conjunction to the suggestion system they employ at MyAnimelist.net would work wonders in helping readers decide what to read next. Well maybe there is something like that and i just haven't run across it yet

Well in any case I am glad i found this place.
Have read about Oda Nobuna no Yabou? It's from the same illustrator of High School DxD.
Two seasons ago has a adaptation to anime, I particulary liked it.
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

Campione! And Highschool DXD are some of the reasons why I access Baka-Tsuki very frequently.
If you guys like LN with similar themes as those two, I suggest To aru majutsu no index.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

It's a rather difficult job to classify light novels with the same metric, and most of us don't study taxonomy, so there won't be a pleasing classifying system can be made since debate will be aroused of such classification. For example, you may want to group them by whether they are harem-based, though there will be endless dispute of whether a specific light novel is harem-based or not, and even when there is consensus that a light novel is harem-based, "harem systems" work differently in different light novels, much how some would disagree that the harem in campione is different from that in hsdxd.

I don't quite commend recommendations since every reader has different tastes, and the results shown would only be popular light novels that everyone reads and recommends.

Many light novels do have their animes, and that's where most light novel readers come from. If you want a recommendation, please do visit the baka tsuki facebook page.
LoveLive! and Book Girl Extras: http://schoolidoldiary.wordpress.com/
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

I dunno why, but I think I like Campione! better than HSDXD lately....
I think it's because The last volume shows how great Ise has grown in his relationtionship with his harem candidates, I mean, isn't it to early!?
I like HSDXD when it is action accompanied by ecchi, not ecchi accompanied by hentai with some action!
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<

Return to “Commune”