Inauguration 09

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Inauguration 09

Post by b0mb3r »

Well just got back from my flight from dc. saw obama about two blocks from where i was standing at the national mall when he gave his awesome speech. hell i even dance under the seal afterward when he left.

now how do you feel about our first black (sigh okay half white half black, whatever) president?

do you feel proud to be an American now after George Bush left (lol i feel the vibration of the boos lol) cause i felt we more capable of better change ourselves (as a nation i meant, i am already a kick-ass individual, still there is more room of improvement)

baka baka baka
Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Inauguration 09

Post by Umiman »

"our"?

I felt kinda offended by the "retake our position as the leader of the world" comment, but whatever.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Umiman wrote:"our"?

I felt kinda offended by the "retake our position as the leader of the world" comment, but whatever.
i didn't mean to offend anyone but i was asking the opinion of the usa citizens on the forum, maybe i should been more accurate. i know your from Malaysia so the "our" comment doesn't meant your country. still like to hear your opinon on obama.

i am still confused what do you mean by "retake our position as the leader of the world" comment. i don't think i said anything like that or the speech obama gave (maybe i miss something?). do you mean that you felt his speech or my comment is like positioning usa as the number leader or country of the world. i certainly don't think so but i just expressing my moment of pride of being an american and how we can be better.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Frankly, I think Obama will have to really prove himself to both of the major political parties as well as the nation. If he fails at this, he risks being seen as just, for lack of a better term at the moment, "token" president. (Note: I do not mean to be offensive by saying this. However, it is early here, and I am not fully awake yet.) If he can achieve what he said he was going to achieve, I will give him credit for keeping his promises, no matter how much I agree or disagree with his policies. If he does not, well, I guess that he will be just like almost every other president we have had who promised everything and practically gave us nothing.

Concerning President Bush, while I did not agree with or support every decision he made, I do believe that he tried his best, whether it was for better or for worse for this country. I frankly would not have been in his position these past 8 years, given that he was handed crap on a stick for the issues that he had to deal with. However, I think that the future will be interesting with the new presidency.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I don't support Obama on many issues, prominently abortion and gay marriage. But I'm actually apathetic towards most politics, so I can't really complain.

I think President Bush did a good job. He did get blamed for a lot of stuff that a president really has no power over, unless he wanted to step on the publics freedom even more. Plus, he stuck by what he said he'd do even when his ratings were so low. I can't imagine Obama, who strives for popularity, doing the same.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

I think Jon Stewart is funny.

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, with Hillary Clinton in his Cabinet, you can only imagine President Clinton having his third term, hopefully minus any scandals, right? :roll:
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

onizuka-gto wrote:I think Jon Stewart is funny.

:)
That was as interesting as announcing to the forum that you like anime. :roll:

As for my opinion on Obama, he certainly knows how to speak. What he needs to do is to prove himself to the American Public and the World that he can do at least some of the things he promised. I also hope he doesn't get shot by some political/terrorist faction or a hate group like the KKK.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I agree that Obama knows how to speak, but what I am more concerned about is not so much the method of speech but the content of his speech. I think that these are often confused by people. A person who can speak well does not necessarily mean that they know anything at all. I am not saying that Obama is stupid by any means. Rather, I am saying that he needs to be a good leader, not a good politician at this point.

Return to “Commune”