IRON MAN!!!!

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

IRON MAN!!!!

Post by b0mb3r »

god damn just got back from the movie. i knew it was gonna be good but not this good. i feel so freaking hype and so upset right now that i bite my cat. now i am bleeding. because million of GTA4 players and my dumb D&D friends (no offense, they prefer to play that right now beside watching this movie with me). should watch it. man oh man. blow off the box-office now. i hate spider-man 3. the only revenge that is sweet if iron-man beat the crap out of it. NOW. watch it. i will now go off and make my own iron-man blue prints and draw like nuts. but first some anime. god damn

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: IRON MAN!!!!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Yeah, it was superbly badass. I saw it at the IMAX in Digital with like 80 speakers surrounding us. Best thing about it was, it was a "team building" exercise with some of the guys at work so we got to see it on the clock while the company paid for our tickets. I <3 my job! 8)
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

It was awesome, and it was even more awesome by the fact that a certain guest didn't come along with us. 8)
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

I blame Tony Stark's awesomeness for holding me back on translating Toradora! :lol:
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

jsut watch Iron Man last night...and....need more...!

although:
Spoiler! :
The Scene where he puts on the final suit, total 100 % rip off from Blizzards Starcraft 2 Trailer, well Starcraft 2 ftw!
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Noproblem wrote:jsut watch Iron Man last night...and....need more...!

although:
Spoiler! :
The Scene where he puts on the final suit, total 100 % rip off from Blizzards Starcraft 2 Trailer, well Starcraft 2 ftw!
Haha I was thinking the exact same thing. But I mean that's how it would have to be done in real life anyways so it isn't exactly ripping it off. Either way, awesome to the max. :D
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

They picked good actors for Tony Stark and that bald guy. It was really good!
Byakko
Astral Realm

Post by Byakko »

Noproblem wrote:although:
Spoiler! :
Well, that's kind of all you can do for an automatic dressing machine :P If you want to be nitpicky, that scene is already a ripoff from Wallace & Gromit...
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

sigh. Just rented Iron Man 2 and...sigh.

- Too many characters, not enough developments
- Justin Hammer is annoying
- Poor fight scenes
- Less FX and more heart

This is very upsetting. I love the 1st one and had expectations for the 2nd one but the plot and character development was not handled well. I understand they follow Tony's archetype profile well but he was so obnoxious. The plot seems all over the place trying to get all the characters. Not enough actions and hell at least award the non-action with character growth. Sigh. The only cool thing it happens near where I live, despite the odd touch up of a run-down place.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Actually, I think that it handled the multiple villain thing fairly well, unlike so many Batman movies and Spiderman 3. The only movie that handled it better was the last Batman. Anyway, I did not think that Ironman 2 was that bad, although I thought that the end was somewhat anti-climatic.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ainsoph9 wrote:Actually, I think that it handled the multiple villain thing fairly well, unlike so many Batman movies and Spiderman 3. The only movie that handled it better was the last Batman. Anyway, I did not think that Ironman 2 was that bad, although I thought that the end was somewhat anti-climatic.
I really liked Ivan but I felt Hammer to be a bit over-bearing, being a douche. then again stark was his own douche too. The fight with him and Rhody was dumb. Yeah spiderman 3 was bad but don't be hating on the batman movies. Hell I enjoy the Adam West verison over this metal junk. I excuse you for hating B&R and Forever.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Hammer and Stark are your stereotypical spoiled, rich kids with nothing to do with their money and time except have stupid fights over their egos. Hey, half of the fights in fiction are over that kind of stupid stuff.

Actually, I do not hate the Batman movies; I just think that they suffer from tackiness due to an overly high ratio of villains to plot and time. The quality of the plot just tends to dip when you add multiple villains in the movie because they do not have enough exposition and the like to explain what makes them tick.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ainsoph9 wrote:Actually, I do not hate the Batman movies; I just think that they suffer from tackiness due to an overly high ratio of villains to plot and time. The quality of the plot just tends to dip when you add multiple villains in the movie because they do not have enough exposition and the like to explain what makes them tick.
like the new batman movie with catwoman, bane, and hugo strange?

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Oh boy...not good...
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »