Such is life...

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Such is life...

Post by Dan »

Hey guys, it's been a while. I've become so busy with work and real life that I rarely come here anymore.

In short, work has me going out to Long Beach, CA a lot. Yes, I know - poor little Dan having to vacation (all expenses paid) to LA to get training for his job. I have not, however, given up my hobby of reading manga and watching anime!

Another thing that happened was that I got dumped. About a week before Christmas. Well, I saw it coming and she was lying to me a lot but I still wanted to keep it together and was hoping she would open up a bit. No luck. It's probably best for me that she finally called things off, but I'm still pretty hurt by the whole experience. It was my first relationship after all. Someone give me an estimate of how long it will take to feel better!

I just watched the anime for The World God only Knows this past week and for some reason, I came back here. lol
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Re: Such is life...

Post by ainsoph9 »

Good to see you again, Dan. I had thought that you along with many others had fallen off the BT-wagon somehow.

While I am not an expert in love matters and cannot give responsible "advice" or "counsel," I can say that these kinds of matters generally and ultimately depends on the person and the circumstances. If one is in a deep relationship for a long time, it will probably hurt more than one who is in a brief and shallow relationship. In either case, it still hurts. Coming to grips with the pain, sadness, and loss can be difficult, but it really comes down to the choices of the individual. Life is full of choices; how one handles bad events is one of those. However, this does not mean that one should fake emotions when one really hurts inside. No matter what one tells you real men do cry and can do so with no shame. Nevertheless, one can at least think that perhaps what seems now like a "curse" is actually a blessing in disguise. Regardless, I hope that you can get back on your feet as soon as possible and not let this drag you down. Best wishes! 8)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ Dan you're the cheating one. Where's all those dedication to Yuki you two-timer?!

baka baka baka
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I believe its to different for everyone to make prognoses
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

ainsoph9 wrote:Good to see you again, Dan. I had thought that you along with many others had fallen off the BT-wagon somehow.

While I am not an expert in love matters and cannot give responsible "advice" or "counsel," I can say that these kinds of matters generally and ultimately depends on the person and the circumstances. If one is in a deep relationship for a long time, it will probably hurt more than one who is in a brief and shallow relationship. In either case, it still hurts. Coming to grips with the pain, sadness, and loss can be difficult, but it really comes down to the choices of the individual. Life is full of choices; how one handles bad events is one of those. However, this does not mean that one should fake emotions when one really hurts inside. No matter what one tells you real men do cry and can do so with no shame. Nevertheless, one can at least think that perhaps what seems now like a "curse" is actually a blessing in disguise. Regardless, I hope that you can get back on your feet as soon as possible and not let this drag you down. Best wishes! 8)

What this person says is true. Mind that I have never been in a relationship, yet has apparently the best chance of getting a good wife. Therefore, my family uses me as a sounding board for relationship problems.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Poke2201 wrote:
ainsoph9 wrote:Good to see you again, Dan. I had thought that you along with many others had fallen off the BT-wagon somehow.

What this person says is true. Mind that I have never been in a relationship, yet has apparently the best chance of getting a good wife. Therefore, my family uses me as a sounding board for relationship problems.
so you uses girls as wet rags huh!

baka baka baka
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

b0mb3r wrote:

No. I use girls as friends.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Poke2201 wrote:
b0mb3r wrote:

No. I use girls as friends.
ha ha j/k. is your relationship with girls like archie?

baka baka baka
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

No. Its more like a harem protagonist that doesn't give a damn right now.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Poke2201 wrote:No. Its more like a harem protagonist that doesn't give a damn right now.
if your life was a story I would enjoy it but in real life I feel a bit sorry for the girls due to the lack of details. Unless you gonna say is their fault in liking you. Just because you weren't in a serious relationship, you have been on dates before right?

baka baka baka
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

group dates.

But it ends up that me and my friend (who was roped into going, cuz Im friends with his past crush) are trying to get away from their antics like throwing popcorn at us and using our heads as foot rests in the movie theater.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Poke2201 wrote:group dates.

But it ends up that me and my friend (who was roped into going, cuz Im friends with his past crush) are trying to get away from their antics like throwing popcorn at us and using our heads as foot rests in the movie theater.
I have used girl's lap before to rest my head before but to use people's head as foot rest? then again I do something to that similar like resting my foot on people's shoulder.

baka baka baka
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Yeah, the movie theater seats were that low.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Good to see everyone--I've been off a lot too.

Such is life.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Uhhh off as in, offline or off from works and stuff?

Return to “Commune”