QUESTION

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

QUESTION

Post by swy999 »

I have a question : "How could I learn Japanese?" . I already know a little little bit of vocabulary and I am able to use hiragana and katakana , but I can't find kanji and also i need to find a way to learn words more easily cause just reading a dictionary and hoping to remember doesn't really help. I would like to be able to read raws so i don't have to wait for the translations. PLEASE TELL ME !!!

Moved to the proper Forum section. - TGM
Hy there... How are you?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: QUESTION

Post by Mystes »

1. Take courses.
2. Read with an English translation beside you.
3. Watch videos on YouTube about how to write in Japanese.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
swy999
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by swy999 »

Is there a way to take online courses ?
Hy there... How are you?
Zell_ff8
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zell_ff8 »

Search for local institutes or private teachers if you want courses. As for online courses (which I don't know anything), you'd rather study by yourself with guides and practice, but if you're worried for speech also you could use them. Else, if you want help online, it could be better to find someone willing to be your master (sensei) or someone to ask particular doubts, even you could use Y!Answers for particular issues (just be sure to detect crappy answers).
You can also learn by self-study but you need a great motivation and time, it's not an easy task, but doable.

If you've mastered kana already (practice them until they're so natural as latin letters) I'll suggest you next to learn how to identify kanji (split areas and search by radicals, or stroke count), it's not hard just a while until you get used. Then you can try reading raws and if you don't know something, you know how to search it. And try not to jump forward very quickly or you'll get frustrated. Go gradually, try child oriented manga first (alongside with regular study) and then advance to some shonen manga of an easy theme (SF or historical can be pretty hard). Light novels are probably quite advanced for a beginner.
Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Poke2201 »

Theres also stuff in Lingua Franca Lexicon.

Someone move the topic to Commune please.(And edit my post so I dont seem like an idiot)
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.

Return to “Commune”