Anime Winter 2010

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Anime Winter 2010

Post by ben1234 »

Hmm...

I'd recommend at least reading a summary of ZZ or expect confusion when they reveal who Marida really is

As for Audrey, they'll probably just explain why Audrey's identity is so significant when the big shock comes(as if that wasn't hinted hard enough)

They mentioned Full Frontal once but I won't go into detail about who he is (yet)

Audrey:
Spoiler! :
She's actually Mineva Zabi who escaped from death in the original and appeared for a bit in ZZ. In other words, she's the heir of Zeon
Marida:
Spoiler! :
She's the only surviving Puru clone. She was captured and sold as a sex slave/prostitute and has gone through tons of abortions

She was ~10-12 when she got captured
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

thanks for the responses. I guess i'll wait in the summer to watch the original and zeta before unicorn.

baka baka baka
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Lol I love Akira from Baka. Delicious and funny.

And Durarara Episode 9 wow:
Spoiler! :
I have a mixed reaction. On one hand I read the Durarara novel before the anime and only the prologue. Is when Seiji killed that stalker girl. How it was written was dark and scary that was the mood I got from reading Durarara. But in the anime it seems so, like smooth jazz and not as darkly written as the book. Hell when Kyohei reveal to be a Dollar member it was more suspenseful than casual. Still highlights of this episode is Shizuo being stabbed not caring and Izaya's dance. Man he is a riot.
Update: Durarara episode 10 Blew me away with
Spoiler! :
Mikado blew me away at the end making me think he is the leader of the Dollars or something.

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

My theory about the whole thing with the Dollars:
Spoiler! :
Orihara's the leader of the Dollars. This is implied and at least 1 member from the Dollars suspects he's the boss

He at least uses the chat room to find possible candidates. It's obvious Mikado uses the chat room and Orihara was checking to see if anyone was on at the end of # 9

From the way I see it, there are 5 possible reasons why he's using the Dollars:

A) Information gathering
B) Finding a way to stop the Yagiri experiments
C) Protecting Selty's head from whatever
D) Find more suicidal people to mess around with
E) Take over the city

To me, it looks like he just wants to mess around with people while gathering information as an informant
I love how Mikado makes those sparks with his mouse
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^
Spoiler! :
Reminds me of Light's pen-killingness.

baka baka baka
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

wahh sora no woto is done. I really enjoy this show. despite the odd pacing I find the theme to be hidden deeply: forgiveness. I like how each episode shows you only a glimpse of what this post-apocalyptic world as it is describe and told by the character themselves without actually showing alot of it, leaving the viewers their own imagination.

baka baka baka

Return to “Animes”