Chrome Shelled Regios

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Assassin
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Chrome Shelled Regios

Post by Assassin »

shichinanatsu wrote:@Assassin: any links for that Regios TL project?
Eh, it's here though in the wiki. http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... led_Regios
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

shichinanatsu wrote:imho - and i think most everyone would agree - that layton is romantically challenged, i.e. he is just THAT DENSE even if he wants to think otherwise. however, that familiar fault of his can be explained. considering references to his Heaven's Blade days, his way of life doesn't allow much for the intimacy that nina and felli are familiar with; classic excuse of from-different-worlds if you will. that being said, it doesn't sound like he's romantically bound to leerin as well; leerin seems to fit the description of the girl the leading stud eventually ends up with, BARRING dramatic action from the rival women.

@Assassin: any links for that Regios TL project?
The funny thing is that the "from-different-worlds" excuse never seemed to have bother Sousuke from FMP in terms of getting the picture. I think Kurz and Mao might have something to do with that, but that might just be me. Frankly, I am actually rooting him to go after Felli just for kicks (pun intended).
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

nice point there ainsoph. though it may just be me seeing it differently, i'll say it anyway. sousuke was assigned to security detail, meaning he didn't meet kaname by chance. that might have set the pace for how their relationship is to play out. the same doesn't apply to layton and felli and nina (and meishen), since he supposedly 'exiled' himself from grendan and ended up in zuellni, where the "one-sided affections" started with the women of the 17th.

however, how chance and choice affect relationships - if at all - is something beyond my head's capacity, just trying to put forth an opinion.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I would argue that a lot of it has to do with the nature of the relationship. For instance, Sousuke and Kaname's relationship was initially classmates and protector/protected. While both parts of their relationship do lend to their cohesiveness, there are also parts that could make it so that it would not work out realistically. Being classmates, you can be all the way from enemies to lovers; most of the time have found that the relationship between classmates is either superficial or at least somewhat friendly. Then, in terms of the bodyguard relationship, normally a bodyguard would stay away from his/her assigned person. Hardly any contact would come between them for the most part. However, in times of danger, this role will generally drastically change because the element of fear will cause people's feelings to become mixed up, often mistaking fear for love. That said, psychologically speaking, the Sousuke and Kaname relationship is relatively believable because of bonds on two grounds.

When compared to anyone related to Layfon, the relationship is much is simpler for the most part. Most of the girls who like him are members of his team or just casual friends. The relationship does not seem to go further, especially given that the bonds between the characters are not as well established. Despite the idea that Layfon could just be naturally dense, it is rather harder to blame him, given that the contact and relationship between the girls that like him and himself is much shallower. Even if you take into account the military situation, the overriding factor is that they are a team, even if they are students.
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

Sorry for bumping a old thread, is it just me or they adding filler scenes in the anime? Its almost making me think i'm missing spots I read from the novel and its confusing me lol... Anyone have filler list so I know lol...
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

I really can't remember off the top of my head, but someone did say something about the short stories being added into the anime. The short stories do look like filler materials. well.. you could consider them filler materials in a way if you're only looking at the main storyline.

Return to “Animes”