Summer Wars

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

kerrichan
Astral Realm

Re: Summer Wars

Post by kerrichan »

I agree. Though you might want to consider waiting for better quality subs. :) I loved it~~ (though the subs were irritating)
Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Setherzam »

gah, nothing at all on the torrent lists, you'd think such a good movie would get subs instantly. Is it because the dvd isn't out or something?
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

You guys have to realize that movies don't get DVDs 4 months after they are out in theatres, especially for anime in Japan
yajra03
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by yajra03 »

try instantz.net

" nope, god hates us. even if we go, he'll send us back "
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

ainsoph9 wrote:I just watched it last night. I think that it may be even better than "Toki o Kakeru Shoujo." For the most part, I would say that you could watch it with the whole family as well. I think that it really presents many issues such as family, unity, the internet, etc. in a revealing light.
Spoiler! :
I find it a bit unconvincing that all the adults whip out their mobiles for the battle, and how some of them boast of their years of gaming experience when they all have kids. Gaming wasn't that popular and widespread during their time of youth, was it?

Still, I love Summer Wars. It certainly had been a fun ride. Hilarious but realistic in a way with drama thrown in. The back and forth parallel between the internet "war" and the baseball match really adds in that grain of solid reality. It also frustrated me to no end when the movie cut to the baseball match at critical moments. But I can see the parallel in there in a way.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

blewin wrote:
ainsoph9 wrote:I just watched it last night. I think that it may be even better than "Toki o Kakeru Shoujo." For the most part, I would say that you could watch it with the whole family as well. I think that it really presents many issues such as family, unity, the internet, etc. in a revealing light.
Spoiler! :
I find it a bit unconvincing that all the adults whip out their mobiles for the battle, and how some of them boast of their years of gaming experience when they all have kids. Gaming wasn't that popular and widespread during their time of youth, was it?

Still, I love Summer Wars. It certainly had been a fun ride. Hilarious but realistic in a way with drama thrown in. The back and forth parallel between the internet "war" and the baseball match really adds in that grain of solid reality. It also frustrated me to no end when the movie cut to the baseball match at critical moments. But I can see the parallel in there in a way.
Spoiler! :
I know what you mean, but many people in Japan are pretty hardcore about video games, even some that are older. Plus, the setting of the movie is slightly in the future, so I can see their being many older video gamers, given when video games first came out and all.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Spoiler! :
I haven't watched it yet, I just want to be a cool spoiler person like you guys. 8)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I haven't watched it yet, I just want to be a cool spoiler person like you guys. 8)
Fixed

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

b0mb3r wrote:
TheGiftedMonkey wrote:
Spoiler! :
I haven't watched it yet, I just want to be a cool spoiler person like you guys. 8)
Fixed
Fixed
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

b0mb3r wrote:
TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I haven't watched it yet, I just want to be a cool spoiler person like you guys. 8)
Fixed
Quote chains don't work anymore :wink:
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

And thus, I won. 8)
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Too lazy to photoshop it correctly but you get the idea =/
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Why are they shocked at a yahoo page?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Maybe they found some shocking informations? :twisted:
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

Rectifier wrote:Why are they shocked at a yahoo page?
its in the game Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo; in the game it explains why they are shocked (they are shocked at how popular something is or smthing i forget)
-btw, good game, go play it

also, just watched this show and i loved it

although i will admit, it was kinda hard getting into the emotional parts while they are showing scenes with the avatars in OZ

and i was like wtf when they did the transformation thing, when the whale just randomly gave out a "unique item"

Return to “Animes”